Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 291 of 345 < 1 2 ... 289 290 291 292 293 ... 344 345 >
Topic Options
#63554 - 04/04/12 08:01 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: curmudgeon]
NYZoo Offline
journeyman

Loc: Gunks
Tennish Anyone it is..

not sure about the new one... but it looks fun

#63557 - 04/05/12 12:35 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: NYZoo]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
REMOVED.jpg by djp

don't go to this site for the answer, but this is the address:
http://www.climbing.com/community/perspective/interview_with_nicolas_falacci/

Can you guess it?

Edited by donald perry (04/05/12 04:11 PM)

#63565 - 04/05/12 05:08 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Online   content
enthusiast

Why are you posting other people's photos?

#63571 - 04/05/12 10:13 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: retroscree]
SethG Offline
old hand

Loc: NYC
What's wrong with posting other people's photos?

#63573 - 04/05/12 10:39 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: SethG]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Because i did not get around to taking any of my own lately. And the reason is that is that these days I leave the camera behind, I am not allowed to use a camera. Down at New River Gorge I was belaying my son and trying to use the camera [video camera] at the same time. He took a longer fall than he should have and almost hit the ground. Since then we don't take the camera. You need a third person for that. We got none.

However perhaps I can take some pictures of the cliff. Then again it would not be fair, you guys will be able to guess the route because typically they would all be of that cliff I have exiled myself to. OK, I will stick the camera phone over the edge on a stick with some tape.

Edited by donald perry (04/05/12 10:39 AM)

#63574 - 04/05/12 10:41 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: retroscree

How do you know that is not my photo?

#63584 - 04/05/12 02:00 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Originally Posted By: donald perry

How do you know that is not my photo?

Because we remember when Nick first shared his old pics with us.

#63588 - 04/05/12 02:58 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: SethG]
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: SethG

Nothing...if you give attribution. In this thread, historically, the photos, with extremely few exceptions, have been ones the poster has either taken themselves or by a member of their party.

If you post a photo taken by someone else and say nothing, it kind of implies it's your photo, which is sort of sleazy. Even more so if you don't know the person and don't request permission for use.

#63594 - 04/05/12 04:07 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Nothing...if you give attribution. In this thread, historically, the photos, with extremely few exceptions, have been ones the poster has either taken themselves or by a member of their party.

If you post a photo taken by someone else and say nothing, it kind of implies it's your photo, which is sort of sleazy. Even more so if you don't know the person and don't request permission for use.

I put a link there to where the photo came from, it says there all the information you need to know. But, perhaps you are right, if the moderator understands you and I made a mistake the photo should be removed, in which case I apologize. The way I understand it is that if you give a link then you are doing a service to the reason for why there is an article there for people to view it in the first place. I am creating traffic to the site. I did not think I was taking it out of context. Saying it is sleazy when I post the link right under it is kind of stretch in my thinking. I do not have time for this argument today, I will remove the pic and we can discuss it later.

Edited by donald perry (04/05/12 04:12 PM)

#63602 - 04/05/12 05:22 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: donald perry]
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry

I put a link there to where the photo came from, it says there all the information you need to know. But, perhaps you are right, if the moderator understands you and I made a mistake the photo should be removed, in which case I apologize. The way I understand it is that if you give a link then you are doing a service to the reason for why there is an article there for people to view it in the first place. I am creating traffic to the site. I did not think I was taking it out of context. Saying it is sleazy when I post the link right under it is kind of stretch in my thinking. I do not have time for this argument today, I will remove the pic and we can discuss it later.

The attribution should not be hidden in a link. That link also suggested it was an interview with Nick and you hinted that it had the answer to which route. None of that makes it easily discernible that the photo is not yours.

Page 291 of 345 < 1 2 ... 289 290 291 292 293 ... 344 345 >

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored