Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (wivanov, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#62691 - 02/17/12 09:26 PM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: ianmanger]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
Originally Posted By: ianmanger
Ha, nice try. Read the earlier exchanges with jake..

What? I thought "Sorry" meant "sorry, not interested".

GO

#62692 - 02/18/12 01:57 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: GOclimb]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Who here loves spam?

Edited by donald perry (02/18/12 04:32 AM)

#62693 - 02/18/12 02:34 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: donald perry]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Actually I don't understand what someone's hardest redpoint in a numerical grading system has to do with thei badassness. I'm sure we could all name dozens, if not hundreds of examples of routes that are gnarly, but not because of the grade. Heinous runouts, awkward climbing, objectively hazardous situations....all of these things can be used to measure a routes badassness. The numerical grade is actually a fairly weak indicator of badassness.

#62694 - 02/18/12 04:29 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: RangerRob]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Tough Shift is a climb, that at the time I tried it, I never felt like I wanted to commit myself to it. I remember it being out of control. I suppose if I were to resolve myself to solo it, that would make things a lot more simple. Looking for protection up there is a project, as I remember it, and difficult to down climb. And I refuse to just "go for it" leading on a climb like that, too confusing.

Edited by donald perry (02/18/12 04:34 AM)

#62700 - 02/19/12 12:34 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: donald perry]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Originally Posted By: donald perry
Who here loves spam?

Why, I love Spam.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

#62701 - 02/19/12 01:44 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

never mind.

Edited by donald perry (02/20/12 01:49 AM)

#62702 - 02/19/12 05:55 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: donald perry]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was....

#62703 - 02/19/12 05:58 AM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: drkodos]
drkodos Offline
addict

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
have you people not realized yet that climbing and internet go together like bleach and ammonia?

Good luck and may the winds of change catch the sails of your own personal Beagle on your voyages of discovery and evolution...and maybe one day, even those knuckle scrapes could heal once you stop dragging them everywhere you go.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Wash, rinse and repeat as needed until the water runs clear.

#62706 - 02/19/12 03:24 PM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: drkodos]
Ralph Offline

Welcome back, Dr.
Dr.'s Ethos

#62723 - 02/20/12 04:37 PM Re: New Routes And Climbing Ethics [Re: Ralph]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Muppets rock!

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored