Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 7 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 284 of 345 < 1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 344 345 >
Topic Options
#62775 - 02/22/12 04:18 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: jakedatc]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
Donald are you gonna tell us where that long, arching granite crack picture was from?? You need to follow up with your pics dude!!

#62776 - 02/22/12 01:44 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: retroscree]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
its at bonticou donald, area called richies roof. was off limits last time i checked.

#62777 - 02/22/12 04:30 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: jakedatc]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
that looks very familiar ... where is that?

Edited by donald perry (02/22/12 04:30 PM)

#62778 - 02/22/12 04:32 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: RangerRob]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: RangerRob
Donald are you gonna tell us where that long, arching granite crack picture was from?? You need to follow up with your pics dude!!

I know you know were it is. I have faith in you.

#62779 - 02/22/12 04:53 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: RangerRob]
Glenn Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tx

Gonna throw out Keene Valley, maybe the King Wall or Spiders Web? Probably not though, the wall in the pic looks too big. Tough to judge the scale.

#62780 - 02/22/12 05:54 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: Glenn]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I alreadyguessed that it was the wall directly behind Camp 4 in the Valley. Now I'm just waiting to see if I am right.

#62782 - 02/22/12 06:10 PM Re: Guess the route [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry

You do realize that this thread is Guess the GUNKS Route? It's really not a difficult parameter to follow. If you're posting, post a pic of a Gunks route. If you're guessing, guess a route name - "Skytop" or "center of the nears" aren't route names.

Simple, no?

#62784 - 02/23/12 01:41 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: RangerRob]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I alreadyguessed that it was the wall directly behind Camp 4 in the Valley. Now I'm just waiting to see if I am right.

No ... but not too far away very very close. It's on half dome, I think it is called the Regular Route. You climb up that crack and then it becomes a chimney and you get into it. And the chimney arches over to the right and then becomes a little more easy. That is about three pitches I think to there. Then you go up the face and left straight across to those flakes and corners and some ledges good for two people. To get there with your haul bags should take a day. And from there you go pretty much straight up. Parties above can drop rocks on you at that point, I almost got hit with a football sized rock there that broke off part of the ledge.

I tried to rope solo it after succeeding on El Cap and I chickened out a few times. Feeling like I lost interest when I was really scared. I did not know how my mind was working, I managed to fool myself I guess. It is extremely silent there and very ... strange... in the shadows, "you can hear a pin drop".

To be honest, I loved just walking up there and failing perhaps more then doing the climb. It took a few times before I found the perfect way to wind my way up straight up from the base, which is the fastest way. Very steep, and one false step from most any where will send you long ways down back to the bottom of some long slope. Not too much loose stuff though. You should do it.

Edited by donald perry (02/23/12 02:21 AM)

#62785 - 02/23/12 01:57 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: retroscree
Originally Posted By: donald perry

You do realize that this thread is Guess the GUNKS Route? It's really not a difficult parameter to follow. If you're posting, post a pic of a Gunks route. If you're guessing, guess a route name - "Skytop" or "center of the nears" aren't route names.

Simple, no?

Perhaps the moderator will do us both a favor and ban me from the forum so we can get on with our lives and I can spend more time climbing. Send him a note for me, I need help. I mean no disrespect, I don't think my posts are that out of touch with Guess the Route that they belong somewhere else. Just ignore them if you like, they are not that important anyway, really, we are just trying to find a way to pass the time. Are't we?

And besides, perhaps I might come in handy again some day, like a dog in the yard if the liars come back. Sorry I keep digging all these holes, and for the poop. I guess wolves roll in it too, sorry for that also.

... are you sure there has never been a post outside of the gunks on guess the route? ... why not?

Edited by donald perry (02/23/12 03:51 AM)

#62786 - 02/23/12 03:59 AM Re: Guess the route [Re: pedestrian]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: pedestrian
Hint: This is zachres on a walkoff (descent route) from a technical rock route somewhere in the Valley.

Originally Posted By: retroscree
You do realize that this thread is Guess the GUNKS Route? It's really not a difficult parameter to follow. If you're posting, post a pic of a Gunks route.

Ahhh not so fast Retroscree, ha! I found one! Look see I guess I'm not off route after all? Just a guess but that looks like Yosemite to me, perhaps a way off El Cap?

Edited by donald perry (02/23/12 04:06 AM)

Page 284 of 345 < 1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 344 345 >

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored