Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#63545 - 04/04/12 05:19 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry
however, i would assume that things derived from basic food groups *should* help, things like spinach and cherries

i wonder why you have a problem with cherries?

Because some foods can kill certain people - it's genetic and there is nothing you can do about it. Ever hear of people going into anaphylactic shock from shellfish, strawberries, peanuts, or pine nuts? There is no magic elixer or exercise regimen that will "cure" those allergies.

Here's the info on the allergic response to cherries.

#63547 - 04/04/12 05:31 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

and all power to you. My point, as always, is that one needs to be careful when considering information found 'out there.' Most of it is iffy at best..

So I am experimenting with different things and trying to see what may help paying attention to how I feel.

#63549 - 04/04/12 06:56 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: donald perry]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston

however, i would assume that things derived from basic food groups *should* help, things like spinach and cherries

Why on earth would you assume such a thing?

Please see:

naturally occurring carcinogens in foods

and

Cancer-causing chemicals that occur naturally in foods

Some plants, for example, create their own insecticides to prevent themselves from being eaten. Why should "nature's" insecticide, if concentrated, automatically be healthy?

GO

#63563 - 04/05/12 01:57 AM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: GOclimb]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
I refuse to believe you are really serious, I think you are just as board.

#63597 - 04/05/12 04:38 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: donald perry]
OldEric Offline

Gabe may be rather rigid in his believes but I don't think he is a board.

#63755 - 04/09/12 05:02 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: donald perry]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston

If you truly believe that one can isolate and concentrate any and every chemical from plants or fruits and then ingest that chemical with no harmful effects, then I don't know what to tell you. You're just an easy mark for every snake-oil salesman who comes along.

GO

#63759 - 04/09/12 06:37 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: GOclimb]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Can anyone cite one post in this **^&^$#@ thread that might help one advance to the 5.13d level?

#63760 - 04/09/12 07:05 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: oenophore]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

I think I mentioned quite earlier on that to advance from 13c to 13d, one must pull harder and hold on longer, which is still true. The problem is the lack of precision in the question. No Don, we don't need clarification.

Originally Posted By: oenophore
Can anyone cite one post in this **^&^$#@ thread that might help one advance to the 5.13d level?

#63761 - 04/09/12 07:47 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: ianmanger]
fear Offline
enthusiast

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: ianmanger
I think I mentioned quite earlier on that to advance from 13c to 13d, one must pull harder and hold on longer, which is still true. The problem is the lack of precision in the question. No Don, we don't need clarification.

Actually to "Move up the grade to 5.13d" is readily done with a 5 pound slede hammer to any one of a variety of face climbs. I could move the grade up on Never Never Land tomorrow to 14d in short order.

#63762 - 04/09/12 07:53 PM Re: What does it take move up the grade to 5.13d? [Re: fear]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

which entirely proves my point about the lack of precision in the OP question.

Originally Posted By: fear
Originally Posted By: ianmanger

Actually to "Move up the grade to 5.13d" is readily done with a 5 pound slede hammer to any one of a variety of face climbs. I could move the grade up on Never Never Land tomorrow to 14d in short order.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored