Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#63280 - 03/23/12 03:47 PM Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Things are not the same as they were before, at lest not as I ever remembered them!!!

I have been climbing every weekend all winter long.

Now that it is getting even warmer every weekend we are getting ticks! We went to Millbrook, my son got a tick on his leg, we just found it. My son's girl friend got a tick on the trail and pulled it off her on top of Millbrook. The dogs got ticks on Supper's Ready (you know ... that 5.12a) last week end. That's around 5 ticks already!!!

Better check yourself for ticks every few minutes and right after you walk in the woods, and take all those necessary precautions. Ware white pants and put your socks over your pants when you hike.

If the wound forms a bulls eye that means you have lime, see a doctor if you have any kind of infection, and do not wait or there will be permanent damage to your health.

Edited by donald perry (03/23/12 03:49 PM)

#63282 - 03/23/12 04:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
rg@ofmc Online   content
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Poughkeepsie, NY
Donald, your dog ticked Supper's Ready? Multiple times even? That's some pretty advanced canine climbing. YouTube video?

Seriously, Lyme is no 'effin joke. Be careful out there folks.

#63283 - 03/23/12 04:38 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: rg@ofmc]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

But apparently the route is now covered in lime. Unless Don meant the limes that go into mojitos.

#63284 - 03/23/12 06:26 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Along with the extremely mild winter comes the threat of lyme disease. Seems we've all "been there and done" that now, even with all the precautions. Despite a number of preventative protocols, one of our dogs has picked up one of the other tick born diseases, anaplasmosis, and he's on meds now.

#63285 - 03/23/12 07:25 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

What Rick said. You also want to get checked for anapl. and related ehrlichia as well as babesia along with a lyme workup. In any case, it sucks. Had another brief dose last summer. It sucks.

Link

Originally Posted By: Rickster
Along with the extremely mild winter comes the threat of lyme's disease. Seems we've all "been there and done" that now, even with all the precautions. Despite a number of preventative protocols, one of our dogs has picked up one of the other tick born diseases, anaplasmosis, and he's on meds now.

Edited by ianmanger (03/23/12 07:34 PM)
Edit Reason: add link

#63286 - 03/23/12 08:29 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Now what? Should he run and get tests or wait/? Hard to tell without going to the doctors.

#63287 - 03/23/12 10:37 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

A friend of mine got a bite and they gave prophylactic doxy at the clinic in New Paltz as a matter of routine.
Not a physician, but my preference would be to wait until you have a sense that something might be amiss (I had pretty good fever both times, though initial symptoms vary widely). I'd rather not take antibiotics if I don't have to. YMMV. If you do need to hit the docs, the other infections should proly be in the Dx panel.

Originally Posted By: donald perry
Now what? Should he run and get tests or wait/? Hard to tell without going to the doctors.

Edited by ianmanger (03/23/12 10:42 PM)

#63288 - 03/24/12 12:04 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
pitfall Offline
old hand

Loc: Albany
The tick has to be on (in) you for a while before you are going to contract Lyme. I've been told it takes 24 hours. I have also goten lyme once and had a couple of prophylactic doses after finding the ticks the next day. As bad as it can be, it can also be taken care of if found early enough.

#63289 - 03/24/12 12:32 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: pitfall]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
a good gague is to check if attached tick is engourged, if it is then it has been feeding a while and worrying is valid. If the tick is flat and not burrowed in very deep then most likely it has not been attached long enough.

#63291 - 03/24/12 10:28 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

i

Edited by donald perry (03/24/12 11:46 AM)

#63292 - 03/24/12 10:47 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Tick tock, tick tock
from the rock not the clock.

#63293 - 03/24/12 12:54 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
old hand

My own experience with lyme was 5 years ago. I found the tiniest "." sized tick behind my knee, removed it intact and took to Orange Cty Health Department. After a quick look under the microscope, they sent it to Albany, and me to First Care for a preventative dose of Doxy. Two days later a phone call to me with the confirmation. Female dear tick and by it's size it was figured it had been on me only 15 hours and it tested positive for Lyme. Now to wait for a symptom. Sure enough, no bull's eye, but about two weeks later, a one day bout of flu symptoms then scary enough, tunnel vision. Back to doctor for a complete cycle of meds. A few relapses over the next three years, exhaustion etc. I've been told that once you get Lyme, you will always test positive, so the tests don't mean much after that first hit. Precautions, diligence, and fingers crossed.

#63294 - 03/24/12 02:20 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Wrote about this here

I'm fine three years later. Had another dose last year. Fever and doxy. No long term probs that I know about. Subsequent dx is harder as Rick said. There is new IgM, indicating a new infection, but the tests are pretty iffy. Mine came back "maybe" last year as a result, so I just kept eating the doxy and felt better. Not a big deal if you tell your doc you spend a lot of time in tick country.

#63295 - 03/24/12 05:20 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
Could you people please stop calling it "Lyme's" Disease?? please???

#63296 - 03/24/12 05:33 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Aya]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Alpa Chino: [stares at Lazarus, and then gets angry] What do *you* mean, "you people?"

#63297 - 03/24/12 06:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
In my experience it is almost always the tiny, tiny, tiny ones, that are problematic. There are years down here in SJ where you can't go outside without getting ticks on you. And most years there are weeks where I don't expect to go for a trail run without find a few – and that's staying on the trail.

Wander into bushes or high grass and you might find a couple dozen. I've complained of symptoms for years after I was treated - even with IV Ceftriaxone. I got prophylactic treatment many times after that.. These days my (very well known) infectious diseases doc says the tests are accurate and will not prescribe them. Whaterver, after an initial period, they always made me feel much better.

#63298 - 03/24/12 06:51 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Aya]
old hand

Originally Posted By: Aya
Could you people please stop calling it "Lyme's" Disease?? please???

Jeez, OK, Lyme Disease, or better yet, Lyme borreliosis. crazy

#63299 - 03/24/12 07:53 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mark Heyman]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Mark Heyman
I've complained of symptoms for years after I was treated - even with IV Ceftriaxone. I got prophylactic treatment many times after that.. These days my (very well known) infectious diseases doc says the tests are accurate and will not prescribe them. Whaterver, after an initial period, they always made me feel much better.

are you saying that you still have symptoms but the tests are neg? That really bites. This whole chronic/post/late Lyme thing is a mess. There is obviously something wrong, but repeat studies find no evidence of Borrelia in patients.

#63303 - 03/25/12 12:39 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Aya Offline
old hand

Loc: Climbing somewhere
Well, no, if you have symptoms, it's Lyme disease.

#63304 - 03/25/12 01:24 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Aya]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Not if you're the idsa. Btw, i'm not taking sides on this, just sayin'
Originally Posted By: Aya
Well, no, if you have symptoms, it's Lyme disease.

#63305 - 03/25/12 02:53 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Sounds like you got the idea. These days I seem even to be symptom free! Lets see how it goes if I really push myself this year – which I am on track to do. The big picture is always if I exercise hard do I have Lyme's symptoms or exercise symptoms? Docs sometimes sound sure, sometimes not.

FYI: for the record am now in decent but not in great shape. I but an increasing curve for the season. I've neve been better than a decent climber. Anyone want to meet me.

#63308 - 03/25/12 11:35 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:27 PM)

#63309 - 03/25/12 11:48 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Signs about ticks...Sure! Maybe at the base of each route rather than the approach trails.

And while they're at it, maybe they should install signs warning of venomous snakes. Wasps. Uneven ground. Falling rocks. Loose dogs. Buck moth caterpillars. Loose soil. Lightning. Cold weather. Darkness. Chiggers. Hunters. Giardia. Microfractures. Meteorites. Obamacare. Dick Cheney. Nuclear waste.

#63310 - 03/25/12 11:51 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:27 PM)

#63311 - 03/25/12 12:18 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Mike Rawdon
Signs about ticks...Sure! Maybe at the base of each route rather than the approach trails.

And while they're at it, maybe they should install signs warning of venomous snakes. Wasps. Uneven ground. Falling rocks. Loose dogs. Buck moth caterpillars. Loose soil. Lightning. Cold weather. Darkness. Chiggers. Hunters. Giardia. Microfractures. Meteorites. Obamacare. Dick Cheney. Nuclear waste.

Don't forget Snooki...she REALLY scares me.

#63312 - 03/25/12 01:01 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: AOR]
donald perry Offline
veteran

post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:28 PM)

#63313 - 03/25/12 01:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
old hand

Yeh, that's what we need. More signs, big signs. Big red signs. Big red neon signs. Americans don't read enough now-a-days. whistle

Really, it should be apparent to anyone in the NE, that if you go out of doors either your own backyard, or to the wild woods, there will be ticks. Act accordingly.

I've heard tell that the ticks at LC and Millbrook are so large they carted off an unleashed dog. Best to stay clear all together. crazy

#63314 - 03/25/12 01:23 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

well ... I suppose if that is the truth then I should delete again. My goal is to reduce the number of my posts anyway.

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:30 PM)

#63315 - 03/25/12 01:36 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

well ... I suppose if that is the truth then I should delete again. My goal is to reduce the number of my posts anyway.

Rather than deleting, how about not posting irrelevant stuff in the first place? Deleting posts after they have been responded to is just lame and weak.

#63316 - 03/25/12 01:45 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

I've heard tell that the ticks at LC and Millbrook are so large they carted off an unleashed dog. Best to stay clear all together. crazy

I heard that too.

Really, I think we need a tanker or three of acaricide, an effective deer and small carrier rodent management plan and other tick control measures. Its them or us. I think its time we quit bitchin and take the high ground. Deny them our essence, whatever. Who's with me?

#63322 - 03/25/12 08:41 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: retroscree

Rather than deleting, how about not posting irrelevant stuff in the first place? Deleting posts after they have been responded to is just lame and weak.

I am trying to break a vicious cycle.

But let me try and sum up my deleted irrelevant stuff.

I think this tick thing needs to be taken more seriously.

A sign about ticks and their increased numbers is a good idea, NO DOUPT. But what I am really concerned about is that you guys are here criticizing someone who is trying to educate people about what you did not know about before you went through your education the hard way, by experience. And by the way, after reading, HELL YEA I am getting my son tested! It would not have happened otherwise. I would have suggested he waited before.

#63323 - 03/25/12 08:48 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: AOR]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: AOR

Don't forget Snooki...she REALLY scares me.

If you brought Snookie up here and she got a tick ... that you concluded not to warn her on the way, of the importance of getting sprayed and tested ... especially if you had already got lime multiple times already ....

What would Snookie say?

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 10:15 PM)

#63324 - 03/25/12 11:18 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

snookies from up here...she knows.

#63325 - 03/26/12 12:11 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Donald, these days, at least in New Paltz, they just give doxy without testing.

Its up to you. So you don't know if you actually have the bug, tho as some people have pointed out, in general you have a greater likelihood of getting infected if the tick has been 'on' 24-48hrs. Some folks are less stoked about taking unnecessary antibiotics, so they might prefer to wait. As I noted, YMMV.

My first bout was problematic because my PCP wasn't familiar and I wasn't either. Now odd fevers or muscle cramps send me to the doc and its one of the first things I want considered. I assume I didn't see the tick/get a rash. The good news is that a course of doxy is not too terrible and it will clear the problem. If you are aware of Lyme, its generally very manageable. That apparently Lyme-related symptoms, or some post-Lyme 'syndrome' appears to afflict a subset of people who suffer long term is more worrying since it is poorly served by a generally skeptical medical community.

Reading back, I don't think anyone has criticized you for mentioning this, though as Rickster has pointed out and from the responses to earlier Lyme threads, mine among them, this is a fairly well trodden path and most of the regular posters are well aware of the problem. But again, mentioning it again doesn't hurt, esp if this year is going to be a bad one.

#63326 - 03/26/12 03:04 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: crimpy
snookies from up here...she knows.

Yea, I'm from around here, but I did not know that everytime you walk around up here in the Gunks in warmer weather with a couple of friends they can likly get a tick!

Having studied to become a veterinary tech in Marlboro does not teach you everything.

Edited by donald perry (03/26/12 03:51 AM)

#63330 - 03/26/12 03:54 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: ianmanger
Donald, these days, at least in New Paltz, they just give doxy without testing.

Its up to you. So you don't know if you actually have the bug, tho as some people have pointed out, in general you have a greater likelihood of getting infected if the tick has been 'on' 24-48hrs. Some folks are less stoked about taking unnecessary antibiotics, so they might prefer to wait. As I noted, YMMV.

My first bout was problematic because my PCP wasn't familiar and I wasn't either. Now odd fevers or muscle cramps send me to the doc and its one of the first things I want considered. I assume I didn't see the tick/get a rash. The good news is that a course of doxy is not too terrible and it will clear the problem. If you are aware of Lyme, its generally very manageable. That apparently Lyme-related symptoms, or some post-Lyme 'syndrome' appears to afflict a subset of people who suffer long term is more worrying since it is poorly served by a generally skeptical medical community.

Reading back, I don't think anyone has criticized you for mentioning this, though as Rickster has pointed out and from the responses to earlier Lyme threads, mine among them, this is a fairly well trodden path and most of the regular posters are well aware of the problem. But again, mentioning it again doesn't hurt, esp if this year is going to be a bad one.

If problems persist might we be shooting in the dark unless we know what we are doing from the start? And, aren't there other things ticks carry besides lime that doxy won't cure?

#63331 - 03/26/12 11:37 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

If problems persist might we be shooting in the dark unless we know what we are doing from the start? And, aren't there other things ticks carry besides lime that doxy won't cure?

The way this works is that the test is immunological. It looks for the response to the presence of the Borrelia bug. This takes time to develop, the initial IgM response and the more effective IgG response as it matures. I forget the actual times, but its 3-4 days at least for IgM and then a week or two for IgG. These times are measured roughly from the start of a productive infection, so you have to have a real infection to know if you actually have the disease.. It generally takes Lyme at least two weeks to a month to get going, so you can't just test the next day after a bite and expect to know anything with any certainty.

Friends of mine have collected ticks that have bitten them for testing and the docs generally don't bother sending those out for testing these days. There are probably too many.

Bottom line, you may end up taking antib. for no reason. For most folks this isn't a big deal. Again, not a physician, but with doxy there is the risk of photosensitivty, so outdoor exposure has to be limited. I've also had some antibiotic-associated diarrhea as well. So that sucks. Good luck.

#63332 - 03/26/12 12:24 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

you run a landscape company Donald, from my experience the ticks in northern nj are really bad. what do you think.

#63333 - 03/26/12 12:43 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Because we are talking about testing for and dealing with the immune system now, this reminds me of AIDS HOAX. Dr. Peter Duesenberg, Nobel prize winning virologist is my hero. I feel guilty not sharing this sooner. You do not have to agree, but HIV = AIDS is a lie. There is no such thing as AIDS in the WAY it is normally understood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHsLZnE6oc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yopRSViC_M&feature=related

Edited by donald perry (03/26/12 12:45 PM)

#63334 - 03/26/12 01:08 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
And why is this thread in the general climbing section?????

#63336 - 03/26/12 01:19 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

you run a landscape company Donald, from my experience the ticks in northern nj are really bad. what do you think.

That funny that you should ask that question. I used to have a tree business, I longer do that, this is one of the reasons for my now joint healing campaign BTW. I used to pick up 300 pound logs and throw them into a truck. The other is probably more so from not eating right and regular food. I also almost died more than a few times as well, but I never got hurt. The tree business gave me a tremendous amount of rigging experience as well as what will break a climbing rope. One time my locking biner came open and I fell out of the tree going down upside down. I prayed "God Help Me, I am going to hit that fence". Miraculously my chainsaw on a leash on the stihl break away ring got caught over a branch on the way down.

In my 30 years of doing logging firewood and tree removal [STARTING IN NEW PALTZ and eventually moving to Northern NJ] because of Jim Munson, neither I nor anyone of my workers ever had a single tick encounter!

We were outside every day all day. I have had tick encounters in the cliff on Ramapo off 17 a few years ago off some blades of grass and in the meadows here in Kearny I have seen them, but I caught them before they got me. Sometimes you can see them hanging up on the end of long blades of grass, holding on by one claw and reaching out for you with the other! A hideous sight!

The only time I was ever bit was in Langhorne PA in a field. I pulled the tick out of the back of my head just into my hairline. Parts of it's teeth remained there imbedded there many years until it designated.

#63337 - 03/26/12 01:24 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Last word on this thread. I have been patiently trying to help.

1. thats Duesberg, if he's your hero, then at least spell his name correctly.

2. Feel free to offer an explanation of why combination antiretroviral therapies have dramatically reduced deaths from this disease all across the world. On second thoughts, don't. You have no clue what you're talking about.

3. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Because we are talking about testing for and dealing with the immune system now, this reminds me of AIDS HOAX. Dr. Peter Duesenberg, Nobel prize winning virologist is my hero. I feel guilty not sharing this sooner. You do not have to agree, but HIV = AIDS is a lie. There is no such thing as AIDS in the WAY it is normally understood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHsLZnE6oc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yopRSViC_M&feature=related

#63338 - 03/26/12 01:30 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

no, you have helped a great deal, thanks, i was going to say that and i did

#63339 - 03/26/12 01:31 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

i wanted to add this image so you can see what's happening:

The threat of ticks and Lyme disease has increased dramatically since the 1990s. From https://naturalunseenhazards.wordpress.com/tag/southern-tick-associated-rash-illness/

Edited by donald perry (03/26/12 01:34 PM)

#63340 - 03/26/12 01:39 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
curmudgeon Offline
addict

I hear the ticks are really bad on Lymelight and Snooki's Return. grin

#63341 - 03/26/12 01:47 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Joshua has joint pain this morning and a 1/4 red spot is starting to show.

This shows that most probably he has contracted lime disease from the Millbrook Tick. I am going to take him to get doxy shots now. Thanks so much for all your help!!!

#63342 - 03/26/12 02:32 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Haverford Wellness Center 345 Main Street, Suite 4, Harleysville, PA 19438 Phone: 215-256-0050 Fax: 215-256-0059
http://www.lyme-disease-testing.com/contacts_directions.php

This is where he is going. They insist on tests first. Will cost around $600.00 to start. They are 2 hours away but they seem to know more then other doctors. They specialize in ticks.

Edited by donald perry (03/26/12 02:35 PM)

#63347 - 03/26/12 10:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

sorry i confused tree buisness with landscaping. good luck with joshua.

#63348 - 03/26/12 11:40 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

I don't believe anyone is still suggesting a hot matchhead to remove a black legged tick. That's "conventional wisdom" from a generation ago. Ditto covering it with clear nail polish.

#63350 - 03/27/12 12:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
old hand

So, Don has deleted or severly edited his the initial posts regarding his original post.

He's left us with the history of his tree business and an apparent interest in Snooky.

Has this not been a most edifying week? crazy

#63351 - 03/27/12 12:39 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I do know one way to broadcast kill millions of ticks at once. anyone guess?

#63353 - 03/27/12 01:24 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: RangerRob]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Provide hundreds of small mounds of insecticide treated cotton per acre for the mice to pull into dens.

#63354 - 03/27/12 01:25 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: RangerRob]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

ok, I'll bite. How?

One way of course would be to get Mim and her buds to reduce the deer pop to less than 10 per sq mile. Then these ticks would never be born. I think someone mentioned in another thread that around the Preserve the density may be more than 10 times that. That would be quite a bloodbath, and as a vegetarian I would need to look in quite another direction.

Originally Posted By: RangerRob

#63356 - 03/27/12 01:57 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: RangerRob]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: RangerRob

I think the birds are gone, I only see one or two around these days, and some big ugly vultures, and one woodpecker.

???Bring back the birds and stop the Chem-trails???

#63357 - 03/27/12 02:25 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I was serious. It is a proven method but is so labor intensive that no one wants to tackle it. This breaks the life cycle of the deer tick at a much earlier stage.

#63358 - 03/27/12 02:49 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: chip]
donald perry Offline
veteran

birds like ticks .... a lot ... they must taste good

#63360 - 03/27/12 05:37 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

ok, I'll bite. How?

One way of course would be to get Mim and her buds to reduce the deer pop to less than 10 per sq mile. Then these ticks would never be born. I think someone mentioned in another thread that around the Preserve the density may be more than 10 times that. That would be quite a bloodbath, and as a vegetarian I would need to look in quite another direction.

Think of all the PLANTS you would be saving...that should assuage your guilt during the cull.

(First time I've ever used "assuage" in a sentence. Hope I spelled it right.)

#63363 - 03/27/12 09:22 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Cull? Cull??? Did you say cull as in "The Great Culling" Official Water Trailer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxCjdcKyrwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-uzSf1tDE

#63381 - 03/28/12 06:43 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
So, Don has deleted or severly edited his the initial posts regarding his original post.

He's left us with the history of his tree business and an apparent interest in Snooky.

That and HIV = AIDS is a lie.

Just sad.

GO

#63386 - 03/28/12 10:27 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: RangerRob]
JordanF Offline
stranger

Short of chemicals or nuclear radiation, i dunno...

#63393 - 03/29/12 09:59 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: GOclimb]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: GOclimb

Just sad.

GO

I am surprised. Not to argue, I just thought he makes a very convincing case. Today I am going tick hunting with white pants and shirt, my son made be drive back home yesterday when it started raining so I have to start all over again. He complained and laughed at me for an hour until the sun came out. Wish me luck! I will let you know if I catch any ticks, unless they catch me instead.

#63394 - 03/29/12 11:27 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
old hand

Lyme Dementia
Fortunately for most of us, we catch it in time.

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/02/lyme-dementia-namenda-ms-bug-and.html

#63395 - 03/29/12 03:32 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

No, its a piss poor compendium of cherry picked data and denial. The problem is not the value of challenging scientific dogma, but that you have to have a better theory. Duesberg never did.
The proof of the pudding, for many former Duesberg adherents, is that antiretroviral therapies work.

And while we're on the subject, HIV-denial policies of Mbeki in South Africa that directly stem from Duesberg's activism are estimated to have contributed to the deaths of several hundreds of thousands of people in that country. People need information, education, access to condoms and drugs to limit the spread of disease. That didn't happen. So how does it feel to align yourself with someone at least indirectly responsible for that? How do you sleep, and continue to espouse such horseshit? This is not some parlor game.

Idiot.

Originally Posted By: GOclimb

Just sad.

GO

I am surprised. Not to argue, I just thought he makes a very convincing case. Today I am going tick hunting with white pants and shirt, my son made be drive back home yesterday when it started raining so I have to start all over again. He complained and laughed at me for an hour until the sun came out. Wish me luck! I will let you know if I catch any ticks, unless they catch me instead.

Edited by ianmanger (03/29/12 03:33 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar, clarity

#63403 - 03/30/12 01:02 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"How do you sleep, and continue to espouse such horseshit?"

Because I disagree and do not think it is horseshit at all. It makes perfect sense to me, sorry if that offends you.

Edited by donald perry (03/30/12 01:05 AM)

#63404 - 03/30/12 01:06 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

BTW, no ticks this time, I think.

#63406 - 03/30/12 12:59 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Ok, entirely against my better judgement, and mainly for entertainment, how again does this make perfect sense?

Feel free to show your working. When you are done dribbling about Koch's postulates and cherry picking data, all of the crap about recreational drugs and AZT, and the Australians and all of it, ensure that your answer incorporates all of this, this and this. And again, how do you feel about this?

I'm not offended, just perplexed how it is possible to persist in arguing this entirely discredited bag o'crap in the face of such an enormous tidal wave of established fact and clinical data. Establishing that HIV=AIDS and developing therapies to address it has benefited millions, while Duesberg is responsible, at least in part, for continuing misery and a generation of orphans.

Because I disagree and do not think it is horseshit at all. It makes perfect sense to me, sorry if that offends you.

#63407 - 03/30/12 01:20 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Ok, entirely against my better judgement, and mainly for entertainment, how again does this make perfect sense?

Feel free to show your working. When you are done dribbling about Koch's postulates and cherry picking data, all of the crap about recreational drugs and AZT, and the Australians and all of it, ensure that your answer incorporates all of this, this and this. And again, how do you feel about this?

I'm not offended, just perplexed how it is possible to persist in arguing this entirely discredited bag o'crap in the face of such an enormous tidal wave of established fact and clinical data. Establishing that HIV=AIDS and developing therapies to address it has benefited millions, while Duesberg is responsible, at least in part, for continuing misery and a generation of orphans.

Why are you asking me this question? You can see the same movies that I watched. I watched them for many days till I could figure out what it was they were saying, some of the arguments seemed pretty weighty to me, and unanswerable. I know there are no ad-hominem arguments like quackwatch and those ad-hominemists. It would seem to me that people who have nothing to gain, for the most part, are the ones who are usually telling the truth. They got no money from me when I believed them.

Furthermore, opposing argument proves when you are correct or mistaken. They are vital to any case in court. That is why you never call your opponent and idiot, because he is your best friend. If there is any doubt … you may be wrong. We are wrong a lot. That is the one thing I know I am not wrong about. I always assume I am wrong to some degree or another about everything. I try and listen but often I find I do not like change and prefer to assume I am always right.

#63409 - 03/30/12 01:40 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

So, to summarize.

1. You state that you believe that HIV doesn't equal AIDs and

2. that "Duesenberg" is your hero.

3. I know that you are mistaken about 1. because of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I'm not sure about 2., because you can't even spell his name correctly.

4. I cite data that entirely demolishes your argument, and you ignore that and say that it makes perfect sense.

5. Knowing you to be mistaken, again because of the overwhelming data, and the success in treating millions of people worldwide, I ask you why it makes perfect sense. I also state that I am perplexed as to why you persist. This is why I asked you the question

6. You reply, citing Quackwatch etc and in summary say that you'd rather not change and prefer to believe that you are always correct.

Fair enough. But I'm still curious about the underlying humanity of Donald Perry. You seem entirely unperturbed when presented with the human costs of AIDS denial, preferring to consider this only a question of your own judgement. Chip referred to this as sad, and that's about it.

Why are you asking me this question? You can see the same movies that I watched. I watched them for many days till I could figure out what it was they were saying, some of the arguments seemed pretty weighty to me, and unanswerable. I know there are no ad-hominem arguments like quackwatch and those ad-hominemists. It would seem to me that people who have nothing to gain, for the most part, are the ones who are usually telling the truth. They got no money from me when I believed them.

Furthermore, opposing argument proves when you are correct or mistaken. They are vital to any case in court. That is why you never call your opponent and idiot, because he is your best friend. If there is any doubt

#63414 - 03/30/12 04:57 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

I am wrong and I it know it!
That is how I know I am right!

#63415 - 03/30/12 06:52 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mark Heyman]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"If lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right!"
(not directed at Mark, even though he is a manly man)

#63418 - 03/30/12 07:29 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: chip]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Yo! I am here in Linden, nj bent over a wood counter waiting for an order of 6" bolts for 15 minutes and this tick fell out of my head right down onto the counter! I got it in a plastic bag now. Millbrook is infested with ticks. Btw yesterday I only saw one bird, a bluejay, on the way there.

Edited by donald perry (03/30/12 09:25 PM)

#63419 - 03/30/12 08:25 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We were up there last week picking them off, so I know where it came from, and it is a deer tick. Guess what, next time you see me, its gonna be with a hazmat suit and duct tape.

Laugh all you want.

I really do not like deet. It eats through nylon.

Edited by donald perry (03/30/12 08:39 PM)

#63420 - 03/30/12 08:28 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

DEET bin bery, bery good to me.

#63425 - 03/30/12 09:00 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Actually, it doesn't. DEET does damage plastics and most synthetic fabrics, but nylon isn't one of them.

We are talking about pure DEET here, not an insect repellent preparation that contains DEET along with solvents or other agents.

#63426 - 03/30/12 09:28 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Actually, it doesn't. DEET does damage plastics and most synthetic fabrics, but nylon isn't one of them.

We are talking about pure DEET here, not an insect repellent preparation that contains DEET along with solvents or other agents.

OK ... what would you recommend?

#63427 - 03/30/12 09:38 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

If HIV =/= (not equals sign) AIDS, then deer tick =/= Lyme disease.

Hey, maybe ticks cause AIDS. Yea, that makes perfect sense.

#63428 - 03/30/12 10:47 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

tuck in your garments, deet or picardin up and bring a chicken or guinea hen with you! if it fell outta your head then i doubt it was connected = linden tick....was it fat or skinny?

#63429 - 03/30/12 11:18 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I had white pants on and I checked myself all the way. I don't know what happened, all I can tell you is the damn thing fell out of my head. And, I know where these ticks come from. I'm off to get some more on Monday.

Edited by donald perry (03/30/12 11:33 PM)

#63431 - 03/30/12 11:36 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
old hand

If HIV =/= (not equals sign) AIDS, then deer tick =/= Lyme disease.

Hey, maybe ticks cause AIDS. Yea, that makes perfect sense.

Nearly 30 years ago, NYS sent "experts" out to public school faculty meetings to instruct and inform the staff to be prepared for an increase in the spread of AIDS. At some point during the discussion, a faculty member asked if AIDS could be transmitted via bug bites?
The informed answer from the "expert"? "We'll have to get back to you on that one." His response wasn't very reassuring at the time. whistle

#63436 - 03/31/12 12:04 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Say hello to my little friend, The Tick From Millbrook.

When wearing Level A protection, it is not uncommon for the environment inside the suit to be 20-30 F. hotter than ambient, and 100% humidity, within minutes of sealing up the suit. Because of this, medical monitoring is required before and after working in these suits.

Hazmat gear will usually be worn in several layers, making it even less comfortable to wear. Hazmat gear consists of an air- and water-proof oversuit, booties, gloves, and a hood. These pieces are often taped up, at the ankle and wrist, so that there are no gaps for nasty things to enter. After using this equipment in a hazardous environment, firefighters will have to be decontaminated (washed off) before they can remove the protective clothing.

The first layer is often station wear (uniform) or a one-piece Nomex jumpsuit. The jumpsuit seals snuggly at the ankles, wrists, and neck, giving fire protection - otherwise, in the event of a flash fire, the plastic suit otherwise stick to the skin. The back of the jumpsuit has a large patch identifying the wearer.

When I get to the climb I'll take off the HMS and put my clothing on.

Edited by donald perry (03/31/12 12:42 AM)

#63438 - 03/31/12 02:22 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

100% DEET or picardin - proven that they work and work well. But of course that's based on science - something you tend to discredit. But you're the one afraid of falling on bolts, thinks that HIV/AIDS is a hoax, believes in the bullshit of chemtrails, and who knows what else, so whatever we suggest you'll find some reason to fear, denigrate, or dismiss. Perhaps the ticks have eaten into your brain.

#63439 - 03/31/12 03:12 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Rock & Snow knows nothing about what you are talking about. Do you have a link where I can order this 100% DEET or Picardin and make Rich get it and throw out that shit he has that is not good for climbing gear?

Got a link?

Thanks.

#63440 - 03/31/12 03:54 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
pitfall Offline
old hand

Loc: Albany
That doesn't look like a deer tick to me. Not at all.

#63441 - 03/31/12 05:29 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Rock & Snow knows nothing about what you are talking about. Do you have a link where I can order this 100% DEET or Picardin and make Rich get it and throw out that shit he has that is not good for climbing gear?

Got a link?

You're not really that dumb, are you?
http://bit.ly/H4UaHj

#63442 - 03/31/12 05:39 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
Ilikeclimbing Offline
stranger

Loc: High Falls
If I believe in chem trails and that 9/11 was an inside job, which insect repellent should I use?

#63444 - 03/31/12 11:28 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Ilikeclimbing]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Retroscree says 100% DEET is OK when you are worried about it effecting climbing equipment it is safe there. Only the kind in Rock & Snow will eat through nylon, according to them because it has some additive, according to Retroscree. You can use that other stuff they sell made out of flowers, but someone told me that stuff is useless, I think it was Retroscree.

I have some little friends here, so maybe I will spray myself and let them come out to play and see if the hate me now after I spray with one brand or the other and I will let you know what happens. But first I want to go to Millbrook a few more times and see if I can get some more. However I am afraid that they will not stick to our hazmat suits. They are kind of slippery and cover your whole body, they even cover your feet and your head. I am a genius!?

BTW Joshua would not let me take him to the Dr. the other day because he said the red mark on his leg is from the head of the tick in his leg and only his ankle hurts, so he wants to wait and see agaist my better judgment. So we still do not know if he has lyme.

I am not going to use anything other then my hazmat suits. I will see how that works, I think I will be fine without the deet.

Edited by donald perry (03/31/12 11:40 AM)

#63445 - 03/31/12 11:29 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Got a link?

You're not really that dumb, are you?
http://bit.ly/H4UaHj

Wow

#63446 - 03/31/12 11:37 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

...outta your head then i doubt it was connected = linden tick....

Do not insult my little friend from Millbrook. He is not from NJ. I walked from my truck into the store and hung my head over the counter and scratched when after about 15 I saw this bug crawling 12" from my face back toward me onto my body. He was not there before.

We have dogs here, and they do not get ticks EVER. However we bring them to the gunks Supers Ready and they get 2 ticks.

I brought the tick home at some point, it could have been the week before and he was lost in my old sweaters for a few days. The only place I have been out of the house is the Gunks.

Edited by donald perry (03/31/12 11:45 AM)

#63447 - 03/31/12 11:49 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: pitfall]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: pitfall
That doesn't look like a deer tick to me. Not at all.

That is why I put the photo here. I was only told that by my friend in the steel supply. Your guess is as good better than mine.

Not to worry though, there is plenty more where he came from. I will bring more back next week for you too look at. Yea ... the Gunks is infested with ticks because there are no birds to eat them. The chem trails must have killed them all.

Chemtrail crap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA .

Edited by donald perry (03/31/12 12:42 PM)

#63448 - 03/31/12 01:16 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

dog tick...no lyme

#63449 - 03/31/12 01:26 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Fluoride

100% DEET or picardin - proven that they work and work well. But of course that's based on science - something you tend to discredit. But you're the one afraid of falling on bolts, thinks that HIV/AIDS is a hoax, believes in the bullshit of chemtrails, and who knows what else, so whatever we suggest you'll find some reason to fear, denigrate, or dismiss. Perhaps the ticks have eaten into your brain.

#63450 - 03/31/12 03:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I think Joshua's tick was very similar, although he disagrees.

#63451 - 03/31/12 03:12 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Fluoride

I never thought of using it. That would actually work! No Doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rO84W9yto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGjyDyMYhA

http://www.infowars.com/common-food-items-could-contain-180-times-more-fluoride-than-tap-water-2/

"... sodium aluminum fluoride is especially effective at killing bugs ..."

Edited by donald perry (03/31/12 10:43 PM)

#63455 - 04/01/12 10:07 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Carpal Tunnel

Compare

#63522 - 04/04/12 03:25 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

X

Edited by donald perry (04/04/12 12:52 PM)

#63524 - 04/04/12 06:19 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

We started using hazmat suits. As it turns out, it works much better for me than DEET.

Yeah, whatever. Seriously, I click on the links to the new posts thinking you might have something useful or interesting to say and so often find that not to be the case.

#64097 - 04/22/12 02:16 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Found another tick today, it was on Joshua climbing up on him. We think it is a dog tick.

#64103 - 04/22/12 10:46 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
NYZoo Offline
journeyman

Loc: Gunks
Yesterday while playing in the back yard with my two children we found a grand total of 10 ticks on us and the swing set throughout the afternoon. Nasty!! They were all wood ticks.. I even had Deet on because I was working with some brush for a few minutes and they were still on me...

#64106 - 04/22/12 11:09 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: NYZoo]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Wow!, We use hasmat suits, no Deet, but we take them off when we get to the top of Millbrook. Joshua was sitting and reading his i-phone for about an hour when he felt one crawl off his sweater onto his neck.

#64121 - 04/23/12 12:05 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We still have the ticks over here. Here is a picture of tick number 3 & 4. [Tick #1 was flicked off, Tick #2 was burned to death with a match. [Now we invite them into our house, feed them, they live with us!]]

# 3

# 4

Edited by donald perry (04/23/12 12:14 PM)

#64126 - 04/23/12 03:02 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
NYZoo Offline
journeyman

Loc: Gunks
They are male American Dog Ticks
Check out this site for how to identify them...
http://tickinfo.com/americandogtick.htm

#64217 - 04/26/12 12:33 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I don't believe it. You're not going to believe it either. I was typing a letter to oenophore and came face to face with tick number 6! This is what happened:

Quote:
... I think there it makes no differance.

What do you think.

PS

I forgot what I was going to say.

Quote:
Oh yea, now I remember. Yea, ahhh there is a tick on my comperter screen!!!!

I was going to say something else, but then I saw a tick moving right along over on my computer screen crawling over the letters on the Gunks.com Fourm! Even the Gunks.com Fourm is infested with ticks!

After we came back from Millbrook I left the rope out in the yard but after a few days I brought the pack in my room and dumped its contents out on the floor a few feet away.

#64218 - 04/26/12 12:37 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

PS The weekend before last someone told me that they got lime from a Millbrook tick. There is still never any birds around. I did not see one bird last Saterday that would eat ticks, just vultures. I remember when there were lots of birds. Must be the contrails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEO0PgA1mY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=LgR5NtgoTmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=Mna6ta4EYkc

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 01:17 AM)

#64220 - 04/26/12 02:05 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

BTW ... I am Jewish ... but I do not believe in Zionism. So I am pro Jewish but I do not believe Zionism is the answer. The movies above do not reflect my opinions. Consider them a good way to waste your time. Entertainment ... perhaps.

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 02:11 AM)

#64221 - 04/26/12 02:18 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

i love the word contrail, so much better than man made clouds.
did you hear any birds?
right now to june is prime baby tick season, another hatch occurs in late, late, summer just when you think its over.
permethrin may be an option you may find interesting, google it.

#64223 - 04/26/12 03:49 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Well ... the other day I did hear some rustling under some leaves. I stopped just before the Red Tail to Bayards and looked and it was a nuthatch. I saw one bird. Hurray! And heard one woodpecker before that weeks before.

Alarming Declines Among Many Common Birds
http://birds.audubon.org/newsroom/news-stories/2011/alarming-declines-among-many-common-birds

#64224 - 04/26/12 04:14 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I did not listen to the 3rd video before I posted it. Had I known what was on it I would not have posted it. And, it is too late now to erase it, the tools in this thread to delete it no longer work.

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 04:16 AM)

#64225 - 04/26/12 10:52 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Why no birds that eat ticks? I don't know ... do you?

One possible answer from http://imageevent.com/firesat/strangedaysstrangeskies

Chemtrails!

STRANGE DAYS STRANGE SKIES
LIFE IN THE TIME OF CHEMTRAILS 1997-2012: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING ETHYLENE DIBROMIDE, VIRALLY MUTATED MOLDS, NANO-PARTICULATES OF ALUMINUM AND BARIUM AND CATIONIC POLYMER FIBERS WITH UNIDENTIFIED BIO-ACTIVE MATERIAL: "We the people have not been warned, advised or consulted but are certainly vulnerable to the outcomes." Lightwatcher.com "Biologic components have been reported in airborne samples that include: modified molds, desiccated red blood cells and exotic strains of bacteria" Additionally, award winning investigative reporter, Will Thomas, has reported findings of over 300 types of virally mutated fungi in the chemtrail fall out. The Idaho Observer has reported findings of 26 metals including barium, aluminum and uranium, a variety of infectious pathogens and chemicals and drugs including sedatives in chemtrail fallout. Dr. R. Michael Castle reports the finding of cationic polymer fibers. Dr Hildegarde Staninger and Dr. Rahim Karjoom have reported findings of tiny parasitic nematode eggs of some type encased in the fibers. Additionally Drs. Staninger and Karjoom and researcher Jan Smith have reported findings of self-replicating nano-machines and rivers of silicon running wild through the bodies of the Morgellons infected. Researcher Clifford Carnicom has reported finding chemtrails fibers & abnormal blood cells that are an exact match with the bizarre fibers & blood cells found in those suffering from Morgellons Disease. Welcome to the brave new world of toxic skies, weather control, mind control and population control through the use of chemtrails modulated with electromagnetic frequencies generated by HAARP. Our health is under attack as evidenced by the skyrocketing rates of chemtrail induced lung cancer, asthma and pulmonary/respiratory problems as well as the emergence of a bizarre and frightening new plague, Morgellons Disease, an infection with a previously unknown agent that appears to be a synthesis of a bio lab created pathogen combined with self-replicating nano-technology. Over 60,000 families in the U.S. are now infected with Morgellons. I am one of the infected. My health and the health of my family has already been drastically affected. There is a main-stream media blackout on this subject so the only way to get the word out is by word of mouth. Realized or not people are already dying from chemtrail related illnesses. People are dying from Morgellons Disease. During this time of chemtrails a shocking drop in general life expectancy in the U.S. has occurred. This situation presents an immediate and serious threat to you, your family and loved ones. We must join together to stop this insane program of chemtrail spraying now. Some of you reading this may be in a position of influence and power to take significant action to bring chemtrails to a halt. Everyone can do something to help. Whatever your position or realm of influence please do whatever you can to bring an end to the aerosol spray program popularly known as Chemtrails. ADDED 7/13/2009 FUND RAISING FOR A CURE At this point just stopping the chemtrails will not be nearly enough. It is becoming increasingly apparent to researchers that virtually the entire population has most likely been infected by chemtrail pathogens that cause Morgellons Disease. The government to date has basically done nothing to fund research to find a cure for the Morgellons problem. Scientist, Clifford Carnicom has proven himself to be a dedicated and formidable researcher into Chemtrails/Morgellons for over a decade. Working on his own without funding he has managed to make many important discoveries about the nature of Morgellons disease and about the effects of chemtrails on the environment and the population. If you wish to donate to fund research for a cure The Carnicom Institute would be an excellent place to start. Copyright Glenn Boyle 2009

#64227 - 04/26/12 12:32 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
talus Offline
veteran

guinea fowl eat ticks

#64228 - 04/26/12 12:56 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: talus]
charliebutters Offline
addict

Loc: accord
you can tell what a bird eats by the shape of its beak, many dont like ticks. i have actually noticed an increase in birds this year, my guess is warmer weather = more food? especially noticing lots of eastern phoebes, bluebirds, field swallows, titmice, even had a northern harrier as a guest in our field for a while.
last year i was re pointing a chimney on blackhawk drive and noticed a lack of birds. i surmised it may have had to do with a lack of conifers but its just a guess. i often notice less wildlife in the woods where there are less people and extra food(trash)

#64235 - 04/26/12 02:11 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 02:13 PM)

#64239 - 04/26/12 02:26 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 02:29 PM)

#64242 - 04/26/12 02:53 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

So it seems you're saying that chemtrails are responsible for the increased number of ticks, since you keep posting this chemtrails bullshit in a thread about ticks.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread82471/pg1

Anyone who believes in the chemtrails hoax has pretty much lost the respect of any reasonably intelligent person. they're in the same space as the woman narrator in this video who is too stupid to know about light refraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

If you spew the chemtrail hoax, then anything else you may say is probably nonsense as well. Same for fluoridation of water and any of your other irrational phobias. But seeing that you've basically hijacked a discussion forum with few users as your personal plaything, it probably doesn't matter. Does this mean we can post random shit and paranoia in any topic?

There are places for this bullshit - they're called Facebook and Twitter or your own blog.

#64245 - 04/26/12 05:06 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

This video show that the dog ticks I get from Millbrook every week can have lyme. So it is not only deer ticks, it is the dog ticks too. There is pictues of the ticks that carry lyme here.

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 05:08 PM)

#64253 - 04/26/12 05:59 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Why is Lyme called Lyme? CONSPERCY THEORY about ticks. See the following videos for that.

The first part of the this video is about Morgellons Disease which is said to come from Chemtrails. The second part mentions Lyme as do the other videos below.

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 06:23 PM)

#64255 - 04/26/12 06:15 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

So it seems you're saying that chemtrails are responsible for the increased number of ticks, since you keep posting this chemtrails bullshit in a thread about ticks.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread82471/pg1

Anyone who believes in the chemtrails hoax has pretty much lost the respect of any reasonably intelligent person. they're in the same space as the woman narrator in this video who is too stupid to know about light refraction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

If you spew the chemtrail hoax, then anything else you may say is probably nonsense as well. Same for fluoridation of water and any of your other irrational phobias. But seeing that you've basically hijacked a discussion forum with few users as your personal plaything, it probably doesn't matter. Does this mean we can post random shit and paranoia in any topic?

There are places for this bullshit - they're called Facebook and Twitter or your own blog.

Could you comment on Mt Shasta? Where does all that Chem. come from do you think? It comes from somewhere and lands on the snow ... where do you think?, UFO's?

Quote:
ALARMING LOCAL LAB TESTS REVEAL ACCUMULATED CONTAMINATION

A Lake Shasta sample from Pit River Arm tributary tested at 4,610,000 ugl (ugl=ppb or parts per billion), over 4610 times the MCL (maximum contaminant level) for aluminum in drinking water for the State of California. A pond in Shasta County in a "filtered location" (forested hilltop away from any highway or industry) tested "0" for aluminum when the pond was constructed and filled. After 18 months' exposure to the atmosphere, the pond tested at 375,000 ugl or 375 times the MCL. Recently, snow pack sample, taken from Ski Bowl on Mt. Shasta, tested at 61,100 ugl, or 61 times the MCL for aluminum in drinking water for the State of California.

FAST-TRACKING "WEATHER MODIFICATION" BILLS IN CONGRESS:
U.S. Senate Bill 1807 and House Bill 3445

While the U.S. Government continues to deny the existence of these weather modification programs, Congress IS NOW planning to legalize such schemes. If weather modification programs are not being conducted, then why is this Bill needed, even fast-tracked? These programs are to be conducted with no publicly disclosed oversight whatsoever. Farmers from Texas to Nebraska have made a public outcry about the altered weather patterns due to weather modification programs openly conducted in their states. Weather modification programs are fact, not fiction. Nearly one hundred publicly disclosed programs were conducted in the Continental United States last year. A similar number is expected to be performed this year.

All military programs are considered CLASSIFIED and remain UNPUBLICIZED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

US Government Issues Alarming Patent to Hughes Aircraft From U.S. Patent #5,003,186 - Filed April 1990

(See for yourself at www.uspto.gov, then search by patent number)

Stratospheric ... Seeding For Reduction Of Global Warming

"...the particle seeding should be done at an altitude on the order of 10 kilometers. The particles may be seeded by dispersal from seeding aircraft...solution to the problem of global warming involves the seeding of the atmosphere with metallic particles...It is therefore an object of the present invention to provide a method for reduction of global warming due to the greenhouse effect..."

"2...said material comprises one or more of the oxides of metals.

"3...said material comprises aluminum oxide.

(There are dozens of weather modification patents that include various forms of climate alteration and artificial cloud formation)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The U.S. Military has openly stated that it is their goal to "OWN THE WEATHER" by 2025
~ Atmospheric physicists state that a naturally-occurring vapor trail can last only 60-90 seconds maximum, under the most extreme conditions.

~ German scientists and meteorologists have exposed and are taking legal action against the German government for weather manipulation and counterfeiting satellite and radar imagery to mask the scope of these operations.

~ The last RAIN TEST taken (Shasta County) in May of 2008 was hundreds of times the range of "normal" for aluminum, and seven times the MCL (maximum contaminant level).

~ Concerned Citizen groups have formed in all major western U.S. population centers with SIMILAR TESTING RESULTS! Major cities throughout the NATO nations are seeing public unrest and a demand for truth. Aluminum, Barium and other known weather modification agents are being found worldwide at horrifying levels.

~ Shasta County Air Quality staff stated that testing would cost from $500,000 to $1 million when in fact, lab tests for Siskiyou and Shasta County residents were performed by a state-certified lab in Redding for $21 per test.

~ According to the National Center for Atmospheric Research, the only way to form artificial clouds in warm, dry air is to introduce enough particulates into the atmosphere to attract and accrete all available moisture into visible vapor. If repeated often enough, the resulting rainless haze can lead to drought.

~ Numerous studies have connected aluminum exposure to neurological damage (like autism, Alzheimer's, etc.) and a host of other diseases. It is very detrimental to soils, changing PH levels, and lethal to many forms of aquatic life.

~ Atmospheric conductivity and lightning strikes have increased dramatically since the apparent onset of these programs. Metallic particles increase atmospheric conductivity, increasing lightning frequency and intensity.

~ State of California tests taken by aircraft of Pacific clouds from China show NO aluminum or Barium, contrary to Shasta County Air Quality Officials who stated China was the cause (again without testing themselves).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARE FINE METALLIC PARTICULATES, LIKE ALUMINUM, HURTING OUR CHILDREN?
Asthma and other respiratory diseases have seen dramatic increases over the last decade, while Alzheimer's and autism have become epidemic.

Harvard reports that particulates less than 10 microns poses a serious threat to human health (source:http://earthislandinstitute.net/journal/index.php/eij/article/stolen_skies_the_chemtrail _mystery/)

The major mainstream paper, The Las Vegas Tribune, writes "...Especially disturbing for residents of heavily chemtrailed communities like Las Vegas is a "chemtrail sickness associates with heavy spray days leaving many stricken people complaining of the 'flu' and accute allergic reactions..."

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: We believe that Shasta County Air Quality officials have a legal, moral and political responsibility to locate the source of these alarming levels of contaminants in our water, air and land, whatever it may be. If not their responsibility, then WHO?

WHY would the Shasta County Air Quality officials REFUSE to investigate these DANGEROUS FINDINGS in spite of repeated requests by Citizens and Supervisors?

For local information visit jeffpress.com. TOGETHER WE CAN STOP THIS! MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

Shasta County Supervisors: 225-5550
Shasta County Air Quality: 225-5674

Governor's office: (916) 445-2841

Paid For by North State Citizens for Clean Air (530) 947-8872
The above full-page ad ran in the Redding, California newspaper recently.

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/environment/pollution/news.php?q=1231034590

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 06:21 PM)

#64256 - 04/26/12 06:34 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Sure....

Could you comment on Mt Shasta? Where does all that Chem. come from do you think? It comes from somewhere and lands on the snow ... where do you think?, UFO's?

seriously, do you have an off-switch?

Edited by ianmanger (04/26/12 06:35 PM)
Edit Reason: fixed url

#64257 - 04/26/12 06:52 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Sure....

seriously, do you have an off-switch?

Yes. I posted it once before.

Did you know you can get lyme from dog ticks? Somewhere along I was misinformed.

Edited by donald perry (04/26/12 06:54 PM)

#64258 - 04/26/12 07:02 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

so, about this off switch, ever thought about using it, maybe lurking for a bit?

Yes. I posted it once before.

#64259 - 04/26/12 07:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

dog tick...no lyme

Crimpy, see the above video on dog ticks.

#64264 - 04/26/12 08:20 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I am not a Doctor, however from what I learned on the internet, the Spirocete Bactira goes to the brain and everywhere, whereas the antibiotic you guys took will not go everywhere, and thus I will recommend you guys absolutely get Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy. You go into a tank for 10 one hour therapies where they increase the pressure to 2.8 atmosphere [comparable to being under 60' of sea water or 26 pounds]. And it takes 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to decompress. And there are other benefits from Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy too, although it is expensive.
There website address is http://hboinfo.com and their phone number is: Toll-free to HQ 888 691 1482 if toll free is busy, call the back-line 619 263 0067.

The Spirocete Bactira hates oxygen, it works, and it works fast and it works forever. The antibiotic does not work. That is what I derived from the internet. If I get Lyme I am not going to get antibiotic I am going to get Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy because it is a stronger solution and it is safer.

#64267 - 04/26/12 09:34 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Lyme Disease, how I cured it after a deer tick bit me.

Hyperbaric oxygen reverses patient's Lyme misdiagnosis

#64269 - 04/27/12 12:31 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Ok, so you stagger back from Millbrook like Kane in Alien, hurriedly book a flight somewhere like Florida, drive to EWR, fly down, rent a car, find a motel, take ten 1 hr therapies and fly back. But Fife's paper on this shows some limited benefit in some patients with _chronic_Lyme after 60 to >100 sessions. I actually read it.

Or you can take the doxycycline, which is effective. Stop and Shop give it away, with a prescription that you can get next door.
Please stop.

I am not a Doctor, however from what I learned on the internet, the Spirocete Bactira goes to the brain and everywhere, whereas the antibiotic you guys took will not go everywhere, and thus I will recommend you guys absolutely get Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy. You go into a tank for 10 one hour therapies where they increase the pressure to 2.8 atmosphere [comparable to being under 60

#64271 - 04/27/12 03:49 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

You don't believe antibiotics are toxic?

You don't believe oxygen kills bacteria and other things like herpes for example?

Well, at least now you know of a possible alternative if you need to use antibiotics again, if they have stopped working because the Lyme has become resistant to it. The Spirocete Bactira is a very smart bacteria. It hides in a protective cocoon in the far reaches of the body resistant to antibiotics. And it makes friends with your body so it protects rather than destroys it, unlike other bacteria. To be perfectly safe you cannot rely on antibiotics alone. And I already know about oxygen and how it works on bacteria, so it makes a lot of sense to me that if the body is flooded with oxygen that it will kill many types of bacteria include Spirocete Bactira.

But who knows! I could be wrong. It would not be the first time. Form your own option, I am just speaking mine. I know it is hard to believe it is true, but did you hear the testimonies?

#64272 - 04/27/12 07:35 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

You don't believe oxygen kills bacteria and other things like herpes for example?

Well, at least now you know of a possible alternative if you need to use antibiotics again, if they have stopped working because the Lyme has become resistant to it. The Spirocete Bactira is a very smart bacteria. It hides in a protective cocoon in the far reaches of the body resistant to antibiotics. And it makes friends with your body so it protects rather than destroys it, unlike other bacteria. To be perfectly safe you cannot rely on antibiotics alone. And I already know about oxygen and how it works on bacteria, so it makes a lot of sense to me that if the body is flooded with oxygen that it will kill many types of bacteria include Spirocete Bactira.

But who knows! I could be wrong. It would not be the first time. Form your own option, I am just speaking mine. I know it is hard to believe it is true, but did you hear the testimonies?

You, sir, are a clueless moron. It's not worth the bits to argue your points.

#64274 - 04/27/12 12:38 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

No, I don't believe that. I know it. I've forgotten more about antibiotic toxicity than I should have. But there's always Pubmed. But if you want to talk about side effects, you might want to look here too. They say rare, but don't give numbers. I'm sure you can look them up.

again, I didn't say anything of the sort. I was deliberately turning up the contrast between the two interventions, antibiotic and HBOT focusing on the potential cost and logistical issues with the HBOT route, and mostly for comedic value. As a last resort, I might certainly look into it, especially if there was more data. Incidentally, wrt to testimonials, the plural of anecdote may or may not be data. Unless there is a controlled study, with appropriate design, patient selection and statistical power, that's all you are left with.

But who knows! I could be wrong. It would not be the first time.

Hmmm. Someplace up thread you noted that you prefer to continue to believe you are correct, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That's at least one textbook definition of delusional.

{final ad hom}

Time and time again in this thread I think you've arrived at the bleeding edge of what's possible in the field of Human Stupidity but you continue to surprise. Where would we be if we didn't keep pushing those boundaries? I'm done responding to you and the garbage you are dredging up.

{/final ad hom}

#64278 - 04/27/12 02:48 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (04/27/12 03:26 PM)

#64281 - 04/27/12 03:48 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"You, sir, are a clueless moron. It's not worth the bits to argue your points." "garbage"

"As a last resort, I might certainly look into it, "

When ones opponents are consistently inconsistent, they only prove you are right. I would advise you to go over my links more carefully. Oxygen is the better choice; to then have your blood tested Spirocete. If it is not there, then it's not there. Simple. End of story.

The point of this thread is, and I think you both can agree with me on this, that this is all about climbing, and the longer I climb the more likely it will be that I too will be bitten by a tick. Joshua has already been bit. So, opposing points can only get more pertinent. I am not ready to quit climbing yet, despite the ticks. Yes the hasmat suites help, but now we need to sort through the gear for ticks before we bring it in the house. When we get Lyme disease, then and as time goes on it may become more apparent if Oxygen is a better choice. We shall see, it seems inevitable with so many near misses, if Joshua does not have Lyme already.

"Torch me all you want"

I mean no harm; we are all climbers here.

#64285 - 04/27/12 05:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Carpal Tunnel

It seems that Retroscree and Ianmanger are ticked off. laugh

#64293 - 04/27/12 08:43 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (04/27/12 09:15 PM)

#64294 - 04/27/12 08:44 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
spasmatron Offline

Loc: Betwixt yonder and hither
Quote:
The Spirocete Bactira is a very smart bacteria. It hides in a protective cocoon in the far reaches of the body resistant to antibiotics.

Lol. Like at the very tippy-tips of your fingers?

Tell me something. Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

#64298 - 04/27/12 09:23 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

The dangers of Ticks and climbing is now very real. Today you cannot talk about climbing without talking about Ticks. Every weekend we go climbing we come back with Ticks.

Planed Depopulation by Eugenicists can be linked to a conspiracy theory that Lyme disease was invented as a biological weapon by Eugenicists. Therefore some of us can assume that when we are talking about Ticks we are also talking about Eugenics behind them.

Therefore some people will assume that I am still on topic when I am posting about Eugenics if Ticks are a biological weapon invented by Eugenicists.

Or, some may conclude that ticks are out of control because there is not enough birds to eat them according to the Audubon society, and that there is no birds by reason of Chemtrails. [5000 Black Birds Fell From The Sky + 100000 Fish Died - Arkansas 2011] From there some can conclude that inadvertently Eugenics is the cause of increased Tick population.

I am not saying I believe in such theories, but I am posting this for those of you who do and are interested in where Lyme disease comes from or why it is out of control.

Here are some links about Eugenics:

In search of his quarry, Sam Telford stalks the leafy underbrush, wielding what looks like a giant white flag. His prey will surrender to the cloth, called a tick dragger, which allows him to easily spot the sesame-seed-sized arthropods against the white background. In this patch of woodland near Grafton, Mass., Telford counts how many of the deer ticks clinging to his bug-catcher are likely carrying the bacterium that causes Lyme disease.

#64299 - 04/27/12 09:24 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: spasmatron]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: spasmatron
Quote:
The Spirocete Bactira is a very smart bacteria. It hides in a protective cocoon in the far reaches of the body resistant to antibiotics.

Lol. Like at the very tippy-tips of your fingers?

Tell me something. Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

I am sure that is off topic.

However, if you wish to do a search under "Building 7 detonated - NEW FOOTAGE" you can entertain yourself with such silly pursuits to no end. Building 7 this and builiding 7 that and building 7 the other thing bla bla bla.

This thread is about Lyme and anything related to it. How do you relate 911 to Lyme? The two things have nothing in common.

Edited by donald perry (04/27/12 10:00 PM)

#64303 - 04/27/12 11:54 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Quote:
"But Fife's paper on this shows some limited benefit in some patients with _chronic_Lyme after 60 to >100 sessions. I actually read it."

Quote:
I see a paper: Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy On Lyme Disease by William P. Fife, Ph. D. 29 January 1998 at
http://www.cincinnatihyperbarics.com/lyme_disease.html

And I read:

"If not diagnosed within the first one or two months, the disease may become a chronic infection. At that time it apparently becomes sequestered in fibroblasts and other cells which, in turn appear to protect it against effective treatment by all known antibiotics so far tested. "

"Therefore, it seems clear that a lethal level of oxygen for the spirochete falls somewhere between 30 mm Hg, and 160 mm Hg."

So therefore the safest suggestion for treatment might be to get the antibiotics first and then use oxygen. Oxygen does work, the question is can you get enough of it where the Spirocete Bactira lives if you can afford it. And if not, some oxygen is always better than none, but not without the much less expensive initial antibiotics. Normal treatment is $2,000.00 from what I was told. The cases you mention must be the worst case scenarios and would cost as much as $10,000.00 or more I assume.

Quote:

http://lymesupport.net/hbot/index.htm

Here I read:

FROM: Dr. William Fife, Professor of Hyperbaric Medicine Texas A&M University Hyperbaric Laboratory 1997

I am saddened over some of the things I am reading on the Internet in the sci.med.diseases.lyme newsgroup concerning our Lyme disease study. There is lots of misinformation and unwarranted speculation, all of which slows us down in our effort to find a useful treatment for this disease.

There are several former subjects from our study who have published on the Internet. The fact that they have been here does not qualify them to speak for us. In fact, they have placed quite a bit of misinformation on the Internet. As far as we know, at present the only three people on the Internet who have given accurate information are Dr. Rita Stanley, Rae Record, and perhaps Dave Bower.

We now have more than enough subjects for the present study and for the present will not accept any more subjects without a specific recommendation by a physician with whom we can consult about special cases. In these cases, all contact with the laboratory must be made by the refering physician. Any contact with patients will be initiated by this laboratory.

Although there are more than 200 monoplace and over 100 multiplace chambers in the US, since this is an experimental treatment most of them will not or cannot treat this disease with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO). We understand that there are two or three other chambers which are taking Lyme patients for pay, we know of only one facility personally which we can recommend. It is in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida under Dr. Richard Neubauer, M.D. He makes a modest charge for treatments. We have no personal knowledge of any other facility and do not know if they are even using our protocol exactly. Therefore, it is a "buyer beware" situation. We still are making no charge for the treatment here.

I want to note that this misinformation only slows our study and works against Lyme sufferers. We realize that the main interest in Lyme patients is to get well and we OFTEN have been given misinformation from potential patients in order to try to convince us to take them ahead of others. This already has slowed up our work. Our main purpose is to obtain valid scientific information upon which to determine if HBO is a successful treatment for Lyme. To us, this is not a game.

All further information regarding the Texas A&M University Hyperbaric Laboratory's involvment with Lyme disease research will be posted on our internet site, http://acs.tamu.edu/~hyplab/ in addition to being published through standard mediums.

Sincerely,

Dr. William Fife

To access TAMU's Website on their ongoing research, click here: TAMU HOBT Research .

Where is this paper you read?

#64309 - 04/28/12 02:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: spasmatron
Quote:
The Spirochete Bactria is a very smart bacteria. It hides in a protective cocoon in the far reaches of the body resistant to antibiotics. [You could learn a lot of things Spasmatron from Spirochete, but only if you pay attention. ]

From Spasmatron: Lol. Like at the very tippy-tips of your fingers?

Quote:
Foolish child! You obviously know nothing of the powers of Mr. Spirochete! Let me formally introduce you to him.

Mr. Spirochete, who also goes by the name of Mr. B. burgdorferi [http://www.natcaplyme.org/lyme-topics/the-borrelia-genus/2.html] is a very crafty fellow, to be highly feared, like a god among all bacteria! I would be very careful if I was you! There maybe a sect of monks who actually worship him in the Himalayas. If you are wise you will fear him too. He has many 'survival mechanisms' to overcome or escape all unfavorable conditions. And I tell you these things for your own good. So pay attention.

Hiding within [you,] is not the only mechanism by which [Mr.] B. burgdorferi [will] protects [himself] from antibodies and antibiotics. As a pleomorphic organism, Bb exhibits several different structural forms during its natural lifecycle. In addition to its familiar corkscrew-shaped spirochete form [by which he can easily like a screw around and get around into anything very easily, into every cell of you body], Bb can form round cysts, small bodies called granules or blebs, … The cyst form of B. burgdorferi develops when a single Lyme spirochete curls into a ball and forms a cocoon around itself, which is impermeable to most antibiotics! [Fool! Now in these cocoons reproduction is said to occur inside cysts and out will come even more Spirochetes! Nota Bena ! MR. Spirochete also has in the past and now presently in infected hosts travels like syphilis. Foolish child!]

The Return of Count Spirochete(1973) About syphilis.

[But these are not the only tricks Mr. Spirocete has for you up his sleave!] spirochetes have also been seen shuddering violently or breaking into pieces, producing small particles called granules or blebs. Radolf and Bourell (1994) believe that the granules are "pinched-off" bits of cell wall which have been shown to contain DNA material (Brorson and Brorson 1997). Filgueira and others (2000) argue that granules are the remnants of previous outer surface proteins which have been shed in an attempt to confuse and evade the immune system! [Mr. Spirochete can confuse the immune system in many ways.]

[Mr.] Borrelia may escape immune surveillance by colony formation and masking within collagen, resulting in seronegativity.

In addition to its unique survival techniques, Borrelia burgdorferi is now believed to possess attributes of traditional drug resistance. Studies have focused on Bb's special resistance to erythromycin and other macrolide antibiotics. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1634816] The Lyme disease spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi, can be recovered long after … antibiotic-treated patients, indicating that it resists eradication by host defense mechanisms and antibiotics. … cell types provide the Lyme disease spirochete with a protective environment contributing to its long-term survival.

Quote:
Also over 70% of all ticks in CT carry the Mycoplasma infection. …There are two types of people in CT [or New Paltz perhaps] Those who have lyme disease, and those that are going to have lyme disease.

Quote:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/966785-overview Mycoplasmal organisms are the smallest known free-living life forms. They are nearly ubiquitous in both the plant and animal kingdoms as colonizers and pathogens. They are prokaryotes but lack a cell wall. However, they have a unique cell membrane that contains sterols, which are not present in either bacteria or viruses. Mycoplasma organisms are small (150-250 nm) and have deformable membranes. The name Mycoplasma refers to the plasticity of the bacterial forms resembling fungal elements.

[quote]Mycoplasma – Often Overlooked In Chronic Lyme Disease by Scott Forsgren Those of us with chronic Lyme disease are quite familiar with the names of the better known Lyme co‐infections. …

Quote:
BTW here is some misinformation, just to warn you, this is the internet.
1.)bacteria spirochetes arent new, we just had not discovered them before
2.)spirochete is a type of bacteria, not a new species
3.)it doesnt "screw" into your cell, it goes into ball form to become more resistant to unfavorable conditions
4.)bacteria do not think, they have no frontal cortex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=dxFtJ2C-3w8

Quote:
From http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/government-lies/plum-island/lyme-disease.html The Lyme Disease Connection to Plum Island
Traub regularly experimented with injecting dangerous pathogens into insects. The Joint Chiefs of Staff authorized this and similar research in 1952. Dusty files labeled "Tick Research" in the National Archives revealed this quote:
"Vigorous, well-planned, large-scale [biological warfare] test, with results to the secretary of defense. Steps should be taken to make certain adequate facilities are available, including those at Fort Detrick, Dugway Proving Ground, Fort Terry (Plum Island) and an island field testing area."
In November 1957, the Joint Chiefs also advised that "'research on anti-animal agent-munition combinations should continue, as well as field testing of anti-food agent munition combinations'…"
In the mid-1970s, a mysterious disease broke out in the area around the town of Old Lyme, CT. This severely debilitating syndrome was given the name Lyme disease. At first, doctors were mystified as to why the disease was clustered around this particular town. To this day, some medical authorities question whether the disease isn't partly psychosomatic.

Nothing like it had ever been seen before. As time went on, other subsidiary diseases were discovered to go hand in hand with Lyme. These include chronic schizophrenia, psychosis, severe osteoarthritis, lupus, bladder problems, bipolar delusions, vertigo, encephalitis, infection of the brain stem and many others. Some researchers believe that multiple sclerosis is also a cofactor of Lyme.
This leads us back to Erich Traub, the German scientist who participated in research at Plum Island.
Once they had the genetic footprint of the Lyme disease germ, researchers began to comb through disease cluster histories. It didn't make sense that Lyme would suddenly emerge, seemingly out of nowhere, in one town in rural Connecticut. Some of these investigators believe they found traces of borrelia in preserved insect and animal samples taken from nearby Shelter Island, as well as Long Island. The samples dated from the late 1940s to the early 1950s—the timeframe in which Erich Traub was infecting ticks on Plum Island.

#64310 - 04/28/12 04:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

This is a video of lyme under microscope

http://174.143.205.118/video/a-good-view...d-ohiIM4DLoZ8/1

#64311 - 04/28/12 06:05 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

You are so screwed:

#64312 - 04/28/12 06:11 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

#64313 - 04/28/12 06:12 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

#64314 - 04/28/12 07:15 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
charliebutters Offline
addict

lyme has been around for centuries.i have no idea why you posting all this stuff as though its some sort of revelation.

#64317 - 04/28/12 08:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: charliebutters]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: charliebutters
lyme has been around for centuries.i have no idea why you posting all this stuff as though its some sort of revelation.
Sex has been around for an estimated two billion years, yet when one gets laid for the first time it's quite a big deal.

#64318 - 04/28/12 11:15 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

You are so screwed:

Wow, I wish someone showed me that map sooner. New Paltz is the same as Lyme Ct!

Edited by donald perry (04/28/12 11:24 PM)

#64319 - 04/28/12 11:59 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

yeah but most kinda keep it to themselves
Originally Posted By: oenophore
Sex has been around for an estimated two billion years, yet when one gets laid for the first time it's quite a big deal.

#64321 - 04/29/12 02:01 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Unless there is a Spirocete involved.

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 02:02 AM)

#64326 - 04/29/12 09:43 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Quote:
Lyme disease is one of the most challenging diseases seen in a long time in that it is difficult to prevent, diagnose and treat. ... Want to know about Lyme borreliosis? Learn everything you can about syphilis.

http://www.freewebs.com/lymefacts/thegreatimitator.htm

Quote:
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/romarkaraoke/lymeart.html Lyme disease may have a latency period of months to years before symptoms of late infection emerge.

Quote:
About 50% of patients do not have typical bullseye rash or do not remember it. Therefore they were presenting with nonspecific symptoms, not suggestive of Lyme. Sounds very simple: if you do not know what it is - get the blood test done! CDC recommends to do antibody detecting test called ELISA first, and then if it is positive, proceed with another antibody detecting immunologic test, called Western blot. http://EzineArticles.com/4792598 [Testing is grossly inaccurate. There are asymptomatic patients who test positive, yet also, patients with intractable symptoms who test negative, http://www.freewebs.com/lymefacts/thegreatimitator.htm]

Quote:
http://www.seranogroup.org/index.php/site/entry/great_book_on_lyme_borreliosis_published_in_1917/ The big difference between the two is that Treponema pallidum, the spirochete that causes syphilis, lives only in humans, unable to tolerate temperature variation more than a few degrees from 98.6 degrees F. It is completely dependent on the chemical and physical environment the human body provides. Borrelia burgdorferi, (Bb), the spirochete that causes L. borreliosis, moves readily between cold-blooded arachnids (ticks) and a wide variety of mammals, birds, and reptiles. With some effort researchers can grow Bb in test tubes, but In contrast the syphilis spirochete can be cultured only in live lab mammals. No one has ever been able to grow it in a test tube or Petri dish. ... The spirochete causing syphilis does not have plasmids [In microbiology and genetics, a plasmid is a DNA molecule that is separate from, and can replicate independently of, the chromosomal DNA.[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmid] ... Unfortunately, the initial academic researchers followed standard medical-scientific procedure: simplify case definition, promote rote treatment, and devote research to supporting foregone conclusions.... Apply Stokes knowledge and insight of syphilis to L. borreliosis. and you will come away with a clear-minded, rational concept of spirochetal infections, something much different from what today's textbooks say about Lyme disease.

Read John Stokes' book.

A modern review of syphilis

#64327 - 04/29/12 10:41 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Which Ticks?

Quote:
http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/matthewgoss/typeofticks.html Well now I know better. There are at least 8 different kinds of ticks that carry tick-borne diseases. These types include Ixodes scapularis (deer tick), Ixodes pacificus (western black legged tick), Ixodes dammini, Ixodes angustus, Amblyomma americanum(lone star tick), Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick, sometimes called the wood tick), Rhipicephalus sanguineus latreille(brown dog tick), and Ornithodoros hermsi.
There are lots of web sites on the internet perpetuating the myth that only deer ticks carry Lyme, but if you do enough searching you will also find evidence that many other types of ticks have been proven to carry Lyme and other diseases. I was infected byDermacentor variabilis (American dog tick, sometimes called the wood tick), which most people will tell you does not carry or transmit Lyme. The ticks that bit me were never attached for more than 2 hours, and they were not deeply embedded. Many people will tell you that a tick has to be attached for 24 to 48 hours to transmit Lyme. I know differently.

Quote:
The most common Lyme Disease tick vectors include Ixodes scapularis (Deer Tick), Ixodes pacificus (Western Black Legged Tick), Amblyomma americanum (Lone Star Tick), and Ixodes Angustus has been shown to be a competent vector in experiment2. Ixodes dammini was thought to be the only species responsible for transmission until it was shown to be the same species as Ixodes scapularis in 1993. Ixodes spinipalpis is implicated as a vector as well. Ixodes muris has shown to be a weak vector of Lyme disease and more research is needed. Even soft shell ticks can transmit borreliosis to humans1.

Brown Dog Tick (click on photo for more info) Rhipicephalus Sanguineus. This tick has been shown to transmit Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever to humans. They have been shown to carry Lyme but it is still under study as to their ability to pass it on to humans3. Dermacentor ticks may attempt to feed on an infected host (mouse, bird, etc.) enough to become infected with Lyme but be shooed off before the feed is complete. They then may complete their feed on a human host so it is theorized that their may be some level of transmission to humans by Dermacentor ticks.
canlyme.com [quote]
[quote]A deer tick acquires the Lyme disease bacteria when it feeds on the blood of a small animal (usually a mouse) which has Lyme disease. Once infected, the deer tick retains the Lyme disease bacteria through subsequent molts. The dog tick (aka wood tick) can also get Lyme disease but the disease is not retained through the subsequent molt so dog tick bites do not generally cause Lyme disease. (Dog tick larvae and nymphs are very similar to deer tick larvae and nymphs, it takes a sharp eye to tell them apart; the palps and hypostome are the most obvious differences).

Testing is difficult.

Quote:

"It has to do with deer populations," adding that populations could spread further into Pennsylvania and the Midwest. "They travel with them." Fish said Lyme disease is often misdiagnosed because its symptoms are not that specific and a blood test can sometimes yield false positives.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/researcher_nj_is_loaded_with_t.html

Does the tick get big enough to know about it before it drops of?

Quote:
www.pilotfriend.com/aeromed/medical/lyme.htm Deer ticks prefer a habitat of wooded areas and residential lawns, so most cases ... the size of a mechanical pencil lead, they are usually not detected on the skin

Clothing

Quote:
ticks go through socks, use a hazmat suit DJP

#64337 - 04/29/12 12:43 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I don't know-----because this is not that party?

Everybody have a logical time, party over out of time.

Knowing Your Enemy in necessary in Order to Defeat Him. Lyme disease is one of the most challenging diseases seen in a long time in that it is difficult to prevent, diagnose and treat.

Iin the beginning of the thread we did not know:

Originally we thought only deer ticks carried Lyme. This is a common mistake among Physicians.

Originally it was believed that socks were enough to keep out deer ticks.

Originally we did not know that Lyme was an epidemic, just as serious here as it is in Lyme, CT.

Originally we did not know we were under attack by eugenicists [see the Bill Gates link/movie] and that Lyme is most plausibly just another example of this OR that labs like the one on Plumb Island all need to be shut down because they cannot keep their test weapons to themselves and inadvertently end up contaminating everything and every person on the planet.

Originally we did not know that ticks are practically invisible.

Originally we did not know that the bill's eye rash does not always appear.

I am trying to find the best way to avoid and treat Lyme. Hazmat suits were invented by DJP for hiking and have proven to be extremely effective. Oxygen Therapy as an absolute cure was disclosed by DJP for this forum.

I think this shit is important, the more I read about it the more careful I become. Thanks to retroscree we now know this is an epidemic [and that he also likes to wear tin foil on his head for some unknown reasons. More on that later perhaps.]. I am bring ticks home every week. I think it pays to be concerned about it before I get it.

#64341 - 04/29/12 01:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
charliebutters Offline
addict

good luck. and dont forgrt to tuck. good bye

#64342 - 04/29/12 01:51 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: charliebutters]
donald perry Offline
veteran

good luck. and dont forgrt to tuck. good bye

come on, I was just joking around and trying to be funny. If you leave there will only be three guys left. Sorry, I got carried away again : (

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 02:19 PM)

#64345 - 04/29/12 02:40 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Deer Tick Scapularis has a two-year life cycle, during which time it passes through three stages: larva, nymph, and adult. The tick must take a blood meal at each stage before maturing to the next. Deer tick females latch onto a host and drink its blood for four to five days. After it is engorged, the tick drops off and overwinters in the leaf litter of the forest floor.

What does an engorged nymph look like?

An engorged tick, an adult before attaching to the skin, an engorged nymph, a nymp. (Fred Dubbs). Googleimage.ca
http://westislandgazette.com/lifestyle/meandmypet/2348+#

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 02:48 PM)

#64346 - 04/29/12 03:30 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Knowing Your Enemy in necessary in Order to Defeat Him. Lyme disease is one of the most challenging diseases seen in a long time in that it is difficult to prevent, diagnose and treat.

Iin the beginning of the thread we I did not know:

Originally we I thought only deer ticks carried Lyme. This is a common mistake among Physicians.

Originally it was I believed that socks were enough to keep out deer ticks.

Originally we I did not know that Lyme was an epidemic, just as serious here as it is in Lyme, CT, because I've been living in a cave for the last decade, cut off from all news sources.

Originally we did not know I was not aware there are a bunch of conspiracy theorist assholes who are stupid enough to think we were under attack by eugenicists [see the Bill Gates link/movie] and that Lyme is most plausibly just another example of this OR that labs like the one on Plumb Island all need to be shut down because they cannot keep their test weapons to themselves and inadvertently end up contaminating everything and every person on the planet.

Originally we I did not know that ticks are practically invisible.

Originally we I did not know that the bill's eye rash does not always appear.

I am trying to find completely ignoring established methods that are the best way to avoid and treat Lyme. I am completely delusional and think that Hazmat suits were invented by DJP for hiking and have proven to be extremely effective. Oxygen Therapy as an absolute cure was disclosed by DJP for this forum because I'm gullible and willing to believe everything I read on the internet.

I think this shit is important, the more I read about it the more careful I become. Thanks to retroscree we I now know this is an epidemic [and that he also likes to wear tin foil on his head for some unknown reasons. I'm so full of myself that I can't even realize that he was referring to me wearing tin foil hats. I also don't realize that this is suggesting delusional paranoia on my part. More on that later perhaps.]. I am bring ticks home every week. I think it pays to be concerned about it before I get it.

Fixed it.

#64348 - 04/29/12 07:47 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

This is not a party.

Everybody have a logical time, party over out of time.

In the beginning of the-
- thread I did not know:

Originally I thought only deer ticks carried Lyme. This is a common mistake among Physicians.

Originally I believed that socks were enough to keep out deer ticks.

Originally I did not know that Lyme was an epidemic, just as serious here as it is in Lyme, CT.

Originally I did not know we were under attack by eugenicists [see the Bill Gates link/movie] and that Lyme is most plausibly just another example of this OR that labs like the one on Plumb Island all need to be shut down because they cannot keep their test weapons to themselves and inadvertently end up contaminating everything and every person on the planet.

Originally I did not know that ticks are practically invisible.

Originally I did not know that the bill's eye rash does not always appear.
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed it.
Thanks

#64349 - 04/29/12 07:58 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: charliebutters]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Quote:
Retroscree wrote: "I am trying to find completely ignoring established methods that are the best way to avoid and treat Lyme."

Oxygen is not an established way to treat lime? Could you please explain that to me? You lost me here. Furthermore, and more to the point, are antibiotics established too or not, because I did not discount them in my conclusion! I wrote:

Quote:
So therefore the safest suggestion for treatment might be to get the antibiotics first and then use oxygen. Oxygen does work, the question is can you get enough of it where the Spirocete Bactira lives if you can afford it. And if not, some oxygen is always better than none, but not without the much less expensive initial antibiotics. Normal treatment is $2,000.00 from what I was told. The cases you mention must be the worst case scenarios and would cost as much as $10,000.00 or more I assume.

Note here that I do not discount the use of antibiotics. Eat crow!

#64350 - 04/29/12 08:04 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Retroscree wrote: "Oxygen Therapy as an absolute cure was disclosed by DJP for this forum because I'm gullible and willing to believe everything I read on the internet."

No, because I called them on the phone and asked them questions. And I am reading what doctors are saying. This does not clasify as "everything I read on the internet".

Do you have anything that says that oxygen does not ever work? OK, then why even make comments like this in the first place? No one denies that oxygen kills Spirochetes except you!

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 08:09 PM)

#64351 - 04/29/12 08:12 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"Thanks to retroscree we I now know this is an epidemic"
"I also don't realize that this is suggesting delusional paranoia on my part. "

You lost me here. Are you posting bogus information? New Palts is in black, it does not get any darker than that. Did you make that up yourself?

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 08:14 PM)

#64352 - 04/29/12 08:16 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"I'm so full of myself that I can't even realize that he was referring to me wearing tin foil hats."

Why do need to come to that conclusion? So far you have given me nothing concrete.

Edited by donald perry (04/29/12 08:17 PM)

#64369 - 04/30/12 02:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: retroscree]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...

Iin the beginning of the thread we I did not know:

Originally we I thought only deer ticks carried Lyme. This is a common mistake among Physicians.

Originally it was I believed that socks were enough to keep out deer ticks.

Originally we I did not know that Lyme was an epidemic, just as serious here as it is in Lyme, CT, because I've been living in a cave for the last decade, cut off from all news sources.

Originally we did not know I was not aware there are a bunch of conspiracy theorist assholes who are stupid enough to think we were under attack by eugenicists [see the Bill Gates link/movie] and that Lyme is most plausibly just another example of this OR that labs like the one on Plumb Island all need to be shut down because they cannot keep their test weapons to themselves and inadvertently end up contaminating everything and every person on the planet.

Originally we I did not know that ticks are practically invisible.

Originally we I did not know that the bill's eye rash does not always appear.

I am trying to find completely ignoring established methods that are the best way to avoid and treat Lyme. I am completely delusional and think that Hazmat suits were invented by DJP for hiking and have proven to be extremely effective. Oxygen Therapy as an absolute cure was disclosed by DJP for this forum because I'm gullible and willing to believe everything I read on the internet.

I think this shit is important, the more I read about it the more careful I become. Thanks to retroscree we I now know this is an epidemic [and that he also likes to wear tin foil on his head for some unknown reasons. I'm so full of myself that I can't even realize that he was referring to me wearing tin foil hats. I also don't realize that this is suggesting delusional paranoia on my part. More on that later perhaps.]. I am bring ticks home every week. I think it pays to be concerned about it before I get it.

Fixed it.

Didn't this thread start out talking about "limes" disease? Pretty funny to watch ianmanger try to get all technical with The Donald. Nice work gents!

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64398 - 05/01/12 02:33 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

what color is your broomstick.

#64400 - 05/01/12 02:37 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

what color is your broomstick.

Depends where it is..........
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64404 - 05/01/12 02:42 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

thats good n nasty...freak

#64407 - 05/01/12 02:49 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: crimpy]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

aw cmon whered you go, that shit was like twitter or something.

#64428 - 05/01/12 02:44 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We went to Millbrook on Monday, we found two more ticks at Millbrook.

#64430 - 05/01/12 03:01 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
curmudgeon Offline
addict

Don you should have left your hazmat suit on.

#64431 - 05/01/12 03:05 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: curmudgeon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

We did! Alex Josh and I had them on! We even bought a white platic tarp to spread out our gear on. The ticks are dog ticks and our house dog found them. None on us this time, we were more carful.

#64435 - 05/01/12 03:32 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
curmudgeon Offline
addict

Don maybe you should lose the dog of get it a hazmat suit as well.

#64456 - 05/01/12 09:24 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: curmudgeon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: curmudgeon
Don you should have left your hazmat suit on.

No curmudgeon, the suits we wear look just likes these:

But there is a ray of hope! [and this is inside information [kept under wraps from you by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission] that you will only get from me]

"Japan to release nuclear cloud burst to control the climbing tick population and Lyme disease."

Quote:
There are 1565 fuel rods MOX fuel that are now ready to be released up into a cloud burst over New Paltz, NY. One fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion ticks. When this pool collapses, as Senator Wyden is now saying too, we would face a mass extinction event from the release of radiation in those rods that will kill all the ticks in New Paltz, Gardner, NY and the surrounding area. Thank God that finally there is a solution is in sight.

Quote:
Fukushima still spewing massive radiation plumes; America in 'huge trouble,' says nuclear expert

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035731_Fukushima_radiation_America.html#ixzz1teeTWZDW
And that is that the Reactor #4 building is on the verge of collapsing. Seismicity standards rate the building at a zero, meaning even a small earthquake could send it into a heap of rubble. And sitting at the top of the building, in a pool that is cracked, leaking, and precarious even without an earthquake, are 1565 fuel rods (give or take a few), some of them "fresh fuel" that was ready to go into the reactor on the morning of March 11th when the earthquake and tsunami hit.
If they are MOX fuel, containing 6% plutonium, one fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion people. If this pool collapses, as Senator Wyden is now saying too, we would face a mass extinction event from the release of radiation in those rods.
That is, if we aren't in one already. Nuke experts like Arnie Gundersen and Helen Caldicott are prepared to evacuate their families to the southern hemisphere if that happens. It is that serious.
So now you know, if you didn't before. We are in big trouble.
Get informed. Start paying attention to this. Every single statement in this article is verifiable, and I will continue to verify and validate the seriousness of this situation at every opportunity I have.
This may be the most important thing you ever pay attention to, for the sake of your family, friends, your neighbors, every one you know and meet, all of humanity.
It's been thirteen months, you have some catching up to do.

More at EndtheLie.com - http://EndtheLie.com/2012/04/21/fukushima-is-falling-apart-are-you-ready/#ixzz1tedJwCrl

#64457 - 05/01/12 09:29 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

P.S. Get your Iodine tablets now before it's too late and there are no more left from:

http://www.1-thyroid.com/iodide.htm

Conspiracy is no longer theory.

Edited by donald perry (05/01/12 09:38 PM)

#64459 - 05/01/12 10:59 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Carpal Tunnel

I'd think ticks would fare well without iodine supplement. If they need iodine, they might get it from the blood of someone who takes such supplement.
What's the photo all about?

#64461 - 05/01/12 11:17 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

#64462 - 05/01/12 11:21 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

You believe the Denver Airport conspiracy but not the facts about the Mohonk Preserve land grab tactics? What gives...........

#64463 - 05/01/12 11:28 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Highly doubt Leo Tanguma was involved in any conspiracy............ besides why not show the mural where the figure with the machine gun loses the battle with humanity?

#64468 - 05/02/12 01:42 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
Highly doubt Leo Tanguma was involved in any conspiracy............ besides why not show the mural where the figure with the machine gun loses the battle with humanity?

Dear Anti-Gunkie,

It's very nice to see you again, where have you been?, I missed you. I see you have a very high IQ! Very good answer!, but I don't know A-G. I think that the gassed masked figure is only a representation of a policy perhaps. There are dead children too. It seems that that there is some kind of story being told where the gas masked figure is only a vehicle to get to the next phase. Is that a good answer? There is another movie that attempts to answer your "question" I believe on youtube.com. If you do a search I think you can find it.

But more to the point; What do you think of the "Dr Rima Laibow" movies on youtube.com as relates to Eugenics? Do you like her? I think she's great.

#64470 - 05/02/12 02:02 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (05/02/12 03:01 AM)

#64476 - 05/02/12 09:07 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (05/02/12 09:34 AM)

#64482 - 05/02/12 02:10 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Look, even a few seconds of sloppy Google pulls up this. Sure, nice healthy food is good for everyone, but this is a grab bag of the usual one-world-government, teach the (non-existent) controversy, tinfoil-hat stuff.

Coupla tips.

Anytime you find something you feel an itch to post, try searching for 'it' AND the word "Debunk" (or synonyms).

Think for a while if you still agree with the points made, having read appropriate debunking articles.

IF you still want to post up said junk, do it in another section of the forum (Anything goes). Put up both sets of links, i.e. the junk and the debunk. Label them clearly.

#64487 - 05/02/12 03:04 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Look, even a few seconds of sloppy Google pulls up this. Sure, nice healthy food is good for everyone, but this is a grab bag of the usual one-world-government, teach the (non-existent) controversy, tinfoil-hat stuff.

Coupla tips.

Anytime you find something you feel an itch to post, try searching for 'it' AND the word "Debunk" (or synonyms).

Think for a while if you still agree with the points made, having read appropriate debunking articles.

IF you still want to post up said junk, do it in another section of the forum (Anything goes). Put up both sets of links, i.e. the junk and the debunk. Label them clearly.

This, like your own post is just another rabbit trail. I am sure there will be more ticks, why would they leave us?

In the mean time check out this letter I sent to F. Edward Scarbrough, PhD.

Quote:
F. Edward Scarbrough, PhD
US Manager for Codex
US Department of Agriculture
South Building, Room 4861
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington DC 20250

Barbara Schneeman, PhD
Director, Office of Nutritional Products
Food and Drug Administration
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville MD 20857-0001

Re: Docket No. FSIS-2006-0004

Dear Drs. Schneeman and Scarbrough:

I am deeply concerned about health and health freedom in the US under the continuing assault of both Codex Alimentarius and those domestic forces which seek to undermine my access to natural health promotion options (including nutritional supplements, natural remedies and clean, unadulterated food). Therefore I wish to join the Natural Solutions Foundation in urging you to support the adoption and implementation of international and national policies, through legislation and regulation that would promote consumer access to Natural Solutions and accurate information of their potential health benefits. Such an approach to regulation would strengthen and solidify the principles of DSHEA for the benefit of the health of both the populace and the Wellness Industry. Please direct Codex Delegates to foster those policies and do so in your domestic policy dealings as well.

I urge you to adopt US Codex policies which support the spirit and the letter of the protective tradition, regulation and legislation representing the best of public policy. Those policies should be strictly in line with US law preventing harmonization with any international standard or guideline which conflicts or contradicts United States law as specified in the Citizen Petition and its Amendments provided to your offices by the Natural Solutions Foundation in 2005 in support of the positions, hearing requests and Revised Vitamin and Mineral Guideline presented in that Petition as delineated in the most recent Amendment (submitted to you on October 14, 2005 by the Natural Solutions Foundation), and to the Secretaries of Agriculture, Health and Human Services, Commerce, Transportation, Commissioners of the EPA and FDA, President Obama, Vice President Biden and the Majority and Minority leaders of both Houses of Congress.

I wish to join the Petition and add my voice to those of other Americans who want their health and health freedom supported by their government domestically and internationally

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. Codex standards, guidelines and regulations threaten our rights and laws in serious ways by lowering the protective bar to satisfy trade, not health, considerations. This is highly detrimental to us all and is a violation of the significant protection offered to us in this country by laws like DSHEA and similar statutes. If the FDA is too busy attempting to deal with the deadly mistakes of the pharmaceutical industry to promote access to safe foods, including those offered with health benefit claims for which there is any scientific evidence, then perhaps it is time to divest the FDA of its food safety and claims authority.

Please bring US Codex Policy and activities of the US Codex Office and FDA back in line with US law and the public's demand for access to Natural Solutions.

Yours in health and freedom,

donald perry
5 davis ave
kearny, NJ 07032

You will send one too [http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?page_id=184] when you understand the relevance of the matter and brake down to get into the information.

#64490 - 05/02/12 03:17 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: ianmanger]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Coupla tips.

Ian Manger from pg13 "Time and time again in this thread I think you've arrived at the bleeding edge of what's possible in the field of Human Stupidity but you continue to surprise. Where would we be if we didn't keep pushing those boundaries? I'm done responding to you and the garbage you are dredging up."

Hey Donald, You reel in the fishes with Jedi skills. Impressive, most impressive.
One must wonder if he as clumsy as he is stupid?

#64491 - 05/02/12 03:26 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Yeah, busted. Still, I wouldn't bother if it wasn't entertaining. Speaking of which, how are those restraining orders working out?

#64493 - 05/02/12 03:39 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: ianmanger]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Yeah, busted. Still, I wouldn't bother if it wasn't entertaining. Speaking of which, how are those restraining orders working out?

wink Well obviously not well since we couldn't restrain ourselves from calling you out yet again. You gotta be smarter than that if you're gonna play with the big boys. Frankly it was more fun with retr2327, as we have debated him on other forums and he is at least average.

#64495 - 05/02/12 03:57 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Btw Ian Manger, as much as you may not like our message it's clear that you and others follow us, even to the point of obsession. All along you have done exactly what we have wanted. Take the campground issue. When skl originally posted, there was little response until MPNA rekindled it. The outcome was that you looked, contacted skl and got to see the documents. That is all we ever really wanted. Now you can make a more informed choice. Likewise, for all the spaying you do that is grossly misrepresented, all those posts will be used by us.

MPNA

#64496 - 05/02/12 05:03 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

All along you have done exactly what we have wanted. Take the campground issue.

So pretty much an entire online community not believing a word you type was a goal of your fiendish plan? That's pretty funny.
Actually, I'm going to give you credit for (almost) doing the right thing. You posted in the right place, largely stayed on topic, and if you could have been just a little less evasive with backing up your statements, you might have gotten an A. But instead your usual dickish alter ego raised its ugly head. You were so close....

And then skl came in and gave a calm, reasonable explanation of where things stood. And folks, me included, said thanks. See how classy that was, and compare it with your own efforts.

Likewise, for all the spaying you do that is grossly misrepresented, all those posts will be used by us.

yeah, I'm not sure what this means. I'm sure you'll enlighten us.

#64503 - 05/02/12 05:51 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Quote:

Hey Donald, You reel in the fishes with Jedi skills. Impressive, most impressive. One must wonder if he [is] as clumsy as he is stupid?

It's always a pleaser to hear from you Agent-G. How are you?

But I would say in this case, for the most part, ianmanger has a point.

I need to learn how to post less. I have made a rule for myself not to post till after 6:00 PM. The trouble is I keep getting drawn into the argument. Help! Got any ideas?

#64506 - 05/02/12 06:26 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: donald perry]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Well it's always after 6:00 pm in some country so keep posting. So I guess you're not a star wars fan eh?

#64844 - 05/15/12 03:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: Advocacy group]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (05/15/12 03:16 PM)

#64940 - 05/20/12 08:22 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Tick [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Got 5 ticks this weekend, I would guess they are all dog ticks. So, its back to the hazmat suits again.

Rich says "is that all?". He gets a lot more, I thought he said 50.

Edited by donald perry (05/20/12 08:24 PM)

#65037 - 05/28/12 11:23 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

There are still ticks, 3 more ticks on Saturday the 26th on the way to Millbrook. I think they are dog ticks.

Edited by donald perry (05/28/12 11:23 PM)

#65250 - 06/04/12 11:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

If you get Lyme, and the doxy does not work you can try hyperbolic, however it is expressive. But I have found something much less expensive. It is called Chlorine Dioxide aka Activated MMS promoted foremost by "Quack" Jim Humble.

Here are some videos on it. Sorry it did not mention it sooner, I recently found it in the bottom of my file cabinet. Do not use too much of it, or use it on an empty stomach or you will get a stomachache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlDMkTBWTis&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE_RXb2XCE&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zwmmQLG5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqsqH97e2eM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7tkyK8r3yw&feature=watch_response

You have to take if for a year at least and it tastes like chlorine. I think it will work for sure over time based on the next video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_0jsvbUVk

DMSO Vitamin C are mentioned as important too.

Although I do not have Lyme, I have been using chelation therapy and it seems to be working very well for me for my joint problem.

#65411 - 06/11/12 02:29 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

went to lost city, no ticks, but one vulture, and some house flies

#65412 - 06/11/12 02:46 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

how were the skeeters?

#65450 - 06/13/12 02:31 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

i think there were a couple, but i did not get bit

#66080 - 07/31/12 07:49 PM And yet more from those *&^%$#@ ticks! [Re: donald perry]
Carpal Tunnel

Read this.

#66350 - 08/23/12 04:36 AM Re: And yet more from those *&^%$#@ ticks! [Re: oenophore]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

found a tiny nymph dog tick in my side near armpit, been sleeping a bit on prevention cause its summer and im lazy, fall tick season begins!

#67577 - 03/03/13 06:24 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

found one tick at triple right on me.

#67578 - 03/03/13 07:04 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

i found one tick today on me at Triple Right.

#67580 - 03/03/13 10:27 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Carpal Tunnel

The tick is clocking.

#71439 - 05/23/14 02:42 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Got a tick hangin, less than 20 hours no blood but a red spots now for two weeks, typical. Got a good place for testing the tick, and here is my results so far.

Tick Information

Species: Ixodes scapularis
Sex: female
Stage: adult
Feeding State: flat

http://www.tickdiseases.org
Laboratory of Medical Zoology
209 Fernald Hall
270 Stockbridge Rd.
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
http://www.umass.edu/lmz
lmz@umass.edu

Tests Results

The following tests have already been ordered

Test Name

Date Ordered

Result

Borrelia burgdorferi sensu latu 2014-05-14 negative
Anaplasma phagocytophilum 2014-05-14 negative
Babesia microti 2014-05-14 negative

Additional Tests Available

We securely store all ticks so that you can order additional tests at a later date.

Check off each additional test you\\\\\\\'d like to order. Results will be emailed to you in 1-5 business days.

Test Description

Cost

Request

Bartonella henselae $50
Borrelia lonestari $50
Francisella tularensis $50
Ehrlichia chaffeensis $50
Ehrlichia canis $50
Babesia divergens $50
Borrelia miyamotoi $50
Rickettsia rickettsii $50

Edited by donald perry (05/23/14 02:47 AM)

#71440 - 05/23/14 10:40 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Carpal Tunnel

$400 for all eight tests. That\'s sufficient motivation to avoid these bugs!

#71441 - 05/23/14 02:38 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: oenophore]
old hand

Or, send to the local health department office. Orange Cty examined my tick and sent it to Albany for testing and confirmation. Freebie!!

#71442 - 05/23/14 04:06 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Did Orange City do the three tests that I got?, these are the main ones and for $50.00.

And they keep the DNA of the tick for further testing.

The first place I tried only tested for Lyme, and some other parasites can be worse, one Dr. I talked to said that the tests are a waste of time, unless you are going to do all the tests.

I have to keep checking myself periodically for 24 hours for ticks, it is becoming a habit. I find about three whenever I go bushwhacking on top of the hills.

#71443 - 05/23/14 10:23 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
old hand

Orange County, only did a microscopic ID for species. A positive on deer tick, so off to Albany went the tick for the testing. I was told they did a full screen. Not sure which of the remaining less common tick born diseases that screen includes.
Their exam ID was a female engorged enough to indicate that it had been attached for a minimum of 15 hours and that I should begin treatment. A few symptoms showed within a short period of time, with no tell tale bulls eye rash.
Zealous self examination, and early identification saved me from worse than some minor flu like symptoms, a short lived period of tunnel vision, some aches and pains, and a general loss of stamina that stayed with me for a little less than a year. whistle whew!

#71444 - 05/24/14 01:18 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I have been taking Lauricidin, supposed to kill and cure it, made from coconut oil or something ------------- that does not mean that I would go without what you did, I think you did the right thing.

This stuff is scary, however learning how to thoroughly check for ticks every few hours really helps to deal with a lot of the fear and risk, (you have to keep checking when you get home as well).

I am glad to hear you made it out through that! I think the moral of the story is ... always be checking.

#71495 - 06/04/14 11:35 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

\"Lauricidin\" is simply glyceryl laurate. Your body gets a dose of this anytime you digest fats and oils. No reason to expect any anti-microbial efficacy from this. Just a step above homeopathic Lyme treatment IMO.

Edited by Mike Rawdon (06/04/14 11:38 AM)

#71576 - 07/01/14 04:23 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >

Sponsored