Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (Jan Malik, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#63305 - 03/25/12 02:53 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Sounds like you got the idea. These days I seem even to be symptom free! Lets see how it goes if I really push myself this year – which I am on track to do. The big picture is always if I exercise hard do I have Lyme's symptoms or exercise symptoms? Docs sometimes sound sure, sometimes not.

FYI: for the record am now in decent but not in great shape. I but an increasing curve for the season. I've neve been better than a decent climber. Anyone want to meet me.

#63308 - 03/25/12 11:35 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:27 PM)

#63309 - 03/25/12 11:48 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Signs about ticks...Sure! Maybe at the base of each route rather than the approach trails.

And while they're at it, maybe they should install signs warning of venomous snakes. Wasps. Uneven ground. Falling rocks. Loose dogs. Buck moth caterpillars. Loose soil. Lightning. Cold weather. Darkness. Chiggers. Hunters. Giardia. Microfractures. Meteorites. Obamacare. Dick Cheney. Nuclear waste.

#63310 - 03/25/12 11:51 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
donald perry Offline
veteran

post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:27 PM)

#63311 - 03/25/12 12:18 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mike Rawdon]
AOR Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Mike Rawdon
Signs about ticks...Sure! Maybe at the base of each route rather than the approach trails.

And while they're at it, maybe they should install signs warning of venomous snakes. Wasps. Uneven ground. Falling rocks. Loose dogs. Buck moth caterpillars. Loose soil. Lightning. Cold weather. Darkness. Chiggers. Hunters. Giardia. Microfractures. Meteorites. Obamacare. Dick Cheney. Nuclear waste.

Don't forget Snooki...she REALLY scares me.

#63312 - 03/25/12 01:01 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: AOR]
donald perry Offline
veteran

post irrelevant

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:28 PM)

#63313 - 03/25/12 01:13 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Rickster Offline
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Yeh, that's what we need. More signs, big signs. Big red signs. Big red neon signs. Americans don't read enough now-a-days. whistle

Really, it should be apparent to anyone in the NE, that if you go out of doors either your own backyard, or to the wild woods, there will be ticks. Act accordingly.

I've heard tell that the ticks at LC and Millbrook are so large they carted off an unleashed dog. Best to stay clear all together. crazy

#63314 - 03/25/12 01:23 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
donald perry Offline
veteran

well ... I suppose if that is the truth then I should delete again. My goal is to reduce the number of my posts anyway.

Edited by donald perry (03/25/12 01:30 PM)

#63315 - 03/25/12 01:36 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry
well ... I suppose if that is the truth then I should delete again. My goal is to reduce the number of my posts anyway.

Rather than deleting, how about not posting irrelevant stuff in the first place? Deleting posts after they have been responded to is just lame and weak.

#63316 - 03/25/12 01:45 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Rickster]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Rickster

I've heard tell that the ticks at LC and Millbrook are so large they carted off an unleashed dog. Best to stay clear all together. crazy

I heard that too.

Really, I think we need a tanker or three of acaricide, an effective deer and small carrier rodent management plan and other tick control measures. Its them or us. I think its time we quit bitchin and take the high ground. Deny them our essence, whatever. Who's with me?

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >

Sponsored