Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#63825 - 04/11/12 03:07 AM GCC Adopt-a-Crag Day - Sunday April 22, 2012
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
Come help the Gunks Climbers' Coalition mark our 10th year with major trail building and maintenance projects for Adopt-A-Crag Day at Lost City.

We need lots of volunteers!

Meet at the Coxing Parking Lot (same lot as the Split Rock Swimming Hole) on Clove Road at 9:00am. Bring work gloves, lunch, water, etc.. Be rewarded with comraderie, productive work, and swag and support from our affiliates: The Access Fund, The American Alpine Club, Rock and Snow, Mountain Skills and PDQ Printing.

Feel good about giving something back to our climbing resources and for the climbing community.

Light rain or shine. If weather is questionable, check our Facebook page and @gunksclimbers Twitter feed for status.

#63838 - 04/11/12 01:50 PM Re: GCC Adopt-a-Crag Day - Sunday April 22, 2012 [Re: Jannette]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
nice, looks like a good opportunity for lc beta as well!

#63962 - 04/14/12 03:56 AM Re: GCC Adopt-a-Crag Day - Sunday April 22, 2012 [Re: Jannette]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Jannette - I'd like to donate a chalkbag as schwag - Can you get me an address to send it to? (I will still be out west on the 22nd so not able to be at the Adopt-a-Crag event)

#63980 - 04/15/12 03:41 AM Re: GCC Adopt-a-Crag Day - Sunday April 22, 2012 [Re: TerrieM]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Thanks so much Terrie. I'll be attending so you can send it to me. I'll email you my mailing address.

#64117 - 04/23/12 03:35 AM Re: GCC Adopt-a-Crag Day - Sunday April 22, 2012 [Re: Jannette]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Thanks to all who came out for Adopt-A-Crag today. We estimated 47 people volunteered to help build and maintain the trails in the Lost City area. We had good weather, the rain waited for us to finish, and much was accomplished. Terrific group of people, good spirits, hard working.

Thanks to our sponsors who provided food, drink, swag and support for the GCC Members BBQ and Adopt-A-Crag this weekend: Rock and Snow, The American Alpine Club, the Access Fund, Mountain Skills, PDQ Printing and the individuals who donated their time, money, and supplies for these events.

The first batch of photos are up on the GCC Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/gunksclimbers. More photos will be uploaded in the next day or two.

Jannette

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored