Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (rogerbenton), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64154 - 04/24/12 03:57 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
I've scoured the Internet trying to find more info about the modified plans. Nothing is available, not even from NYS parks or state.gov sites. Just the original ~50-ish site PDF. That means either it's being hidden, the plans are not done yet, or it is stalled at some point along the way.

I'm already planning to write Cuomo, Gardiner officials and the PIPC to state my concerns and request information. I wish I could attend a Gardiner meeting, but it's 8 hours round trip for me, not to mention gas and tolls.

This campground is creating a problem for us, we've already invested a lot of time and money for BOH, engineering and architectural services needed to build on our land. We'd hoped for a small, quiet place in the woods. If this campground were to go through in it's bloated incarnation I don't think my other half would want to continue with the process. We have a small child and the last thing we need is a transient, mobile kegger less then a quarter mile away. We'd be taking a loss on the investment, plus losing a dream spot in the forest.

If you haven't talked with Susan you should as she is up to date. Ianmanger has not been to any of the meetings so he really has no clue what is going on. Again it's best to talk to your direct neighbors and get involved. The way it looks to us with the current proposal is that the area is going to be impacted in a negative way.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64156 - 04/24/12 04:07 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
We already are and have been for a few weeks now.

#64159 - 04/24/12 04:21 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Ha, nice try..I just followed your advice, brah. As usual, its not substantiated, so feel free to post up what you have as I really would like to read it. I am genuinely sympathetic to the neighbors on this, I'm just not going to take your word for it because of your casual relationship with facts.

guilford, can you PM me Susan's contact?

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
This was the early proposal before it became a bloated project that will cost $25/ camper. The Pavillion has been written about numerous times in the local papers. We'll try and find the info.

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group

Ianmanger has not been to any of the meetings so he really has no clue what is going on. Again it's best to talk to your direct neighbors and get involved. The way it looks to us with the current proposal is that the area is going to be impacted in a negative way.

Edited by ianmanger (04/24/12 04:23 PM)
Edit Reason: emphasis

#64160 - 04/24/12 04:25 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
you campground haters probably vote against bettering our schools to save a buck as well.

#64161 - 04/24/12 04:36 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Not sure how you got here from there...

Originally Posted By: crimpy
you campground haters probably vote against bettering our schools to save a buck as well.

#64162 - 04/24/12 04:44 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
emotion

#64163 - 04/24/12 04:50 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

OK, so how would you feel if someone dropped this in your backyard without consulting you?
emotion

and let me be quite clear, I'm not against the campground, so lets not go that way. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am concerned about the process.

#64164 - 04/24/12 05:07 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Absolutely not. Completely untrue in our case. I stated as much in my letter to officials, that I am ok with the campground in its initial 50 site state.

Having just read through some docs that Susan provided (a draft MOA), the proposal she has made IMO would be an asset and a community resource rather than a nuisance and a hazard.

Crimpy, I'd like to think that dissenting opinions are welcome here, but I am offended by your straw man argument. If it had been a school that was proposed to be built on that site we would have been 100% for it.

I suggest you contact Susan and read the MOA, IMO it's a facility that anyone with a tiny whit of environmental concern or interest in the outdoors could approve of.

#64165 - 04/24/12 05:09 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Ianmanager, check your inbox.

Eh carp, can't send a pm. What gives?

Edited by GuilfordGang (04/24/12 05:11 PM)

#64166 - 04/24/12 05:12 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

misprunt, surely smirk

yeah, I couldn't PM you. settings?

Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Ianmanager, check your inbox.

Eh carp, can't send a pm. What gives?

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored