Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64178 - 04/24/12 09:39 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
TerrieM Online   content
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
As I said - SHOW US WHERE THIS IS DOCUMENTED

#64179 - 04/24/12 10:07 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
I've scoured the Internet trying to find more info about the modified plans. Nothing is available, not even from NYS parks or state.gov sites. Just the original ~50-ish site PDF. That means either it's being hidden, the plans are not done yet, or it is stalled at some point along the way.

I suspect the latter is the case. Perhaps it has failed to survive budget cuts year after year. Whatever the ill effects of the campground there may be may not be felt for a long time. And who knows what may happen to the plan?

#64180 - 04/24/12 10:35 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
I know your not a campground hater Ianmanger, just hit reply as your post was the most current.I dont want to see anyone screwed. Honestly just having a hard time hearing others whine about prospective troubles with their weekend home based upon mpna bs.sorry.

#64181 - 04/24/12 10:52 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
I can understand resentment against weekenders, they try to influence policy in a place they aren't real residents of. They generally try to make it more like where they are from, rather than enjoying the place for what it is. Rest assured, we are not them.

If anyone here wants the current info, contact Susan. There has been some good progress blending the needs of the community with those of the campground.

#64182 - 04/24/12 11:26 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: TerrieM]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: TerrieM
As I said - SHOW US WHERE THIS IS DOCUMENTED

http://www.nysparks.state.ny.us/inside-o...rkAppendixE.pdf

Here is an old map from a thread (campground progress) showing the pavilion area. It's on another camping thread on gunks.com. The new site plan is even more bloated.........

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64183 - 04/24/12 11:29 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

sorry the link does not work, but you can find it and it works in the original thread......
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64185 - 04/25/12 12:48 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
TerrieM Online   content
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Dude - you are a lousy PR dude for your cause.

How would showing a link to what is planned, and then simply SAYING the plan is changed, be - in any way - documenting what the changed plan entails? Especially when the link doesn't even work.

Here's a tip - when you want someone to check out a web link - you need to actually provide it. You need to provide it in clickable form, and you need to check that it actually works - preferably before posting it.

Like the one where you want us to sign the petition. You suggest looking at a particular website, as if that website is solely about the topic within your agenda. But the reality is - the site is a petition platform for COUNTLESS varied petitions! And you don't even provide the link to the overall website in the first place!

Why not post the actual link TO the actual petition? Do you think people are actually going to try to find it?

Edited by TerrieM (04/25/12 12:50 AM)

#64186 - 04/25/12 12:51 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Your weekend home could be in the garage of your weekday home and I would feel the same way. I am a climber, we are all weekenders at some point in time.

#64187 - 04/25/12 12:58 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

just having a hard time hearing others whine about prospective troubles with their weekend home based upon mpna bs.sorry.

#64188 - 04/25/12 01:00 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: TerrieM]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: TerrieM
Dude - you are a lousy PR dude for your cause.

How would showing a link to what is planned, and then simply SAYING the plan is changed, be - in any way - documenting what the changed plan entails? Especially when the link doesn't even work.

Here's a tip - when you want someone to check out a web link - you need to actually provide it. You need to provide it in clickable form, and you need to check that it actually works - preferably before posting it.

Like the one where you want us to sign the petition. You suggest looking at a particular website, as if that website is solely about the topic within your agenda. But the reality is - the site is a petition platform for COUNTLESS varied petitions! And you don't even provide the link to the overall website in the first place!

Why not post the actual link TO the actual petition? Do you think people are actually going to try to find it?

Hey terrie,

We are interested in the local contingency not the hitch hiking, car camper, non locals like yourself. Again we advocate for the neighbors and not You. Besides, none of the locals seem to have the problems You have accessing any of the information.

Best of luck

MPNA

Page 5 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored