Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64167 - 04/24/12 05:37 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
Nothing wrong in settings, set to accept PMs from other users. Is there a minimum number of posts before PMs can be sent?

#64168 - 04/24/12 05:43 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

says you are over limit. weird.

ianmanger*****at*****yahoo.com

Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Nothing wrong in settings, set to accept PMs from other users. Is there a minimum number of posts before PMs can be sent?

#64169 - 04/24/12 05:58 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
Done.

#64170 - 04/24/12 06:59 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Edit: Odd, the site is clipping my paste after the first paragraph. Maybe because I'm posting from a mobile device.

Nothing to do with mobile. This site is notorious for cutting off a paste after certain characters, in particular, quote marks, both single and double. It's a long time bug.

#64171 - 04/24/12 07:59 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
This site is notorious for cutting off a paste after certain characters, in particular, quote marks, both single and double.

Add hyphens to that list.

#64172 - 04/24/12 08:05 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: oenophore]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
For those of you who are interested in signing a petition, Susan has started one on Change.org. Please sign and help the Neighbors!

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64174 - 04/24/12 08:59 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
For those of you who are interested in signing a petition, Susan has started one on Change.org. Please sign and help the Neighbors!

As others have noted, it's kind of premature to make any sort of assessment or sign petitions or take sides if no one knows the documented details of the proposal.

#64175 - 04/24/12 09:11 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: retroscree
Originally Posted By: Advocacy group

As others have noted, it's kind of premature to make any sort of assessment or sign petitions or take sides if no one knows the documented details of the proposal.

It's not intended for you RetromarcC.......Most of the locals know what's going on.

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64176 - 04/24/12 09:15 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
I've never seen nor heard of any changes to the campground proposal since it was shown in the Minnewaska Preserve Master Plan a few years ago.

The proposed Matser Plan, including the campground, was laid out VERY clearly in the Master Plan. The Plan was made available for public review, and an open-to-public meeting was held, with quite a bit of notice. It was all over this board, and in the local newspapers. I attended that meeting, as did quite a large number of others. I think it would be difficult for anyone who is concerned about the goings on in the Gunks to NOT have known about that meeting.

At the meeting, notes were taken on comments by the public. We were also encouraged to write to those in charge during the phase where they were considering the proposed plan and finalizing it, and voice our concerns, after seeing the proposal.
Contact information was provided.

This was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

Unless Advocacy Group can clearly provide details - with verifiable sources - about changes made to the campsite plan after the Matser Plan was finalized - I would suggest, strongly, that he is talking shit.

As it stands, he has linked what "appears" to be a newspaper article in this thread, with no link or even a notation as to it's source/date.

Post the information about changes set in place since the Mater Plan - or STFU(please).

#64177 - 04/24/12 09:24 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: TerrieM]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: TerrieM
I've never seen nor heard of any changes to the campground proposal since it was shown in the Minnewaska Preserve Master Plan a few years ago.

The proposed Matser Plan, including the campground, was laid out VERY clearly in the Master Plan. The Plan was made available for public review, and an open-to-public meeting was held, with quite a bit of notice. It was all over this board, and in the local newspapers. I attended that meeting, as did quite a large number of others. I think it would be difficult for anyone who is concerned about the goings on in the Gunks to NOT have known about that meeting.

At the meeting, notes were taken on comments by the public. We were also encouraged to write to those in charge during the phase where they were considering the proposed plan and finalizing it, and voice our concerns, after seeing the proposal.
Contact information was provided.

This was maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

Unless Advocacy Group can clearly provide details - with verifiable sources - about changes made to the campsite plan after the Matser Plan was finalized - I would suggest, strongly, that he is talking shit.

As it stands, he has linked what "appears" to be a newspaper article in this thread, with no link or even a notation as to it's source/date.

Post the information about changes set in place since the Mater Plan - or STFU(please).

Very nice terrie....... Mohonk has significantly changed the plans, so get involved, find out for yourself and support the neighbors.

Thanks, MPNA

Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored