Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64199 - 04/25/12 04:12 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
So if I disagree with you then I am negative, bickering and you get to presume, put words in my mouth, and name call? yes i wrote whine, cause cmon...you kinda are!
All of your posts her on this climbing website are about you concerns with your weekend home. I have three campgrounds near my home and sometimes they have events and concerts etc. I enjoy hearing that at times as they are good family fun, the noise ends at 10pm and is usually only on weekends. I presume the conditions at your camp will be even less impactful as they are not for firemen and police as are the ones near me.
I am being nice now....gloves no where near off.

#64200 - 04/25/12 04:36 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: crimpy
So if I disagree with you then I am negative, bickering and you get to presume, put words in my mouth, and name call? yes i wrote whine, cause cmon...you kinda are!
All of your posts her on this climbing website are about you concerns with your weekend home. I have three campgrounds near my home and sometimes they have events and concerts etc. I enjoy hearing that at times as they are good family fun, the noise ends at 10pm and is usually only on weekends. I presume the conditions at your camp will be even less impactful as they are not for firemen and police as are the ones near me.

Hey GuilfordGang,

these are the types of people who will be right in your backyard. Time to reign in this mess before they are trying to claim prescriptive easements or worse...

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64201 - 04/25/12 05:01 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

First off it's not a climbing website......second, what difference does it make if it's his second, third or fourth home? He has a right to protect his investment/future home. And why add the I'm being nice now...... bit? What does that even mean? Are you planning on being less nice? These are people you should be trying have a good relationship with. A few bad apples will ruin it for all. If neighborly relations continue to sour you can bet that Future projects will be met with strong opposition and more land will likely close (more on that later).

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64202 - 04/25/12 05:03 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Now you are sounding quite elitist, true colors shining brightly!
At the top of the page it reads"gunks.com climbing discussion"

#64203 - 04/25/12 05:15 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Guiford Gang, I stated writing to comment on this:

I can understand resentment against weekenders, they try to influence policy in a place they arent real residents of. They generally try to make it more like where they are from, rather than enjoying the place for what it is.

1) Assuming you pay taxes in Gardiner, you are not a guest there. You have a stake in the outcome, unlike many on this board. I'd also disagree that

2) I suspect owner/weekenders in that area are more likely to try to limit growth. Its their getaway place, they need little and can bring it with them. They generally aren't trying to make a living or a short term profit from the area as a local business owner might.

This is a public board. You are not a guest (of ours) here either rather we are all guests of the owner.

The animosity of this group towards MPNA and AG has little to do with the any issue. It is their insistence that climbers should unite against the preserver for their benefit. And more importantly as you have seen the way they go about it. As you noted the do their cause a disservice alienating much of the climbing community on this board against them rather than gaining support for their cause, regardless of whether it is legitimate.

To AG pretty sure this site was started primarily as a climbing web site. That's why there is Climbing Discussion and GCC in the primary choices, why there used to be route grades and climbing tips etc on it, and why its primary advertisers were directly or indirectly affected by the climbing community. Heck its why you and MPNA have been here to get climber support.

#64204 - 04/25/12 05:20 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Now you are sounding quite elitist, true colors shining brightly!
At the top of the page it reads"gunks.com climbing discussion"

And what does it say after that....keep on reading crimpy, you'll find the answer. We know you can do it! Besides 90% of your posts are not climbing related. What gives? Anyway pretty good for Wawarsing.....(said in my most non elitest voice that I can muster) wink

MPNA

#64205 - 04/25/12 07:25 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

you are mean....sniffle.

#64206 - 04/25/12 07:45 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Mark Heyman]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Hey Mark Heyman,

Your post reads like you are a local. You can "understand resentment....." give us a break. How many acres do you own in the land of subdivisions? Chances are the weekender you are trying to portray is you (minus the land). There are landowners around these parts who have had land in their families since the 1700's as well as people who just bought today....they all have the same say in our opinion. The people who do not have a say is You, the non land owning, non local, overdeveloped Jersey boy type. Look, if you don't like our delivery stop responding. The fact is your group has acted and continues to act like a group of spoiled children. You'll get the respect and civil dialog when you earn it. Until then, you'll be treated like the brats you are (said in a motherly calm voice) and get the response you deserve.

Thanks, MPNA

#64207 - 04/25/12 07:47 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

you are mean....sniffle.

gloves no where near off..... wink

MPNA

#64208 - 04/25/12 07:51 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

you are mean....sniffle.

hey if you only had a heart you might see it our way..... Come on Crimpy! Courage! Courage!

MPNA

Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored