Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64209 - 04/25/12 08:07 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
BTW has anyone seen the trash at the MUA? Totally gross! piles and piles of garbage. We'll try and upload some photos. I guess that's what the neighbors have in store for them.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64210 - 04/25/12 08:32 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
I would like to see the plans as they are now, since I was involved somewhat from early on. the question about the pavilion was raised early on. The gunks campground is supposed to be modeled after the AAC Teton climbers' ranch, the pavilion is for cooking with stoves only. the showers may be next door? early on it was decided there should be a campground manager permanently on site to police quiet hours and all the rules. I believe we had discussed no fires. The place should be as quiet and low profile as possible. and, if possible, no alcohol. if someone could post some link to see the current proposal, please do so.

#64211 - 04/25/12 08:37 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: phlan]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
oh yeah. the trash at the MUA. I was involved in trash clean ups there for several years in a row, and then we threw up our hands and gave up. it was too disgusting. the DEC of course, threw up their hands years before that.

one of the main reasons, why Gardiner needs a well run, policed pay campground.

#64212 - 04/25/12 08:41 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
wow your bi polar fit has given you even more credibility. seems like my work here is done.

#64213 - 04/25/12 09:21 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: phlan]
Ralph Online   content

Here's the original (circa 11/2009) Campground Site Plan
The Master Plan makes for some good reading.

#64214 - 04/25/12 09:44 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Ralph]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: Ralph
Here's the original (circa 11/2009) Campground Site Plan
The Master Plan makes for some good reading.

Even if it's 3 yrs old it's good to have as a comparison. Thanks for posting this.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64215 - 04/25/12 10:33 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
This has gotten out of hand. Just one of the troubles with the 'net and anonymity on forums. I'd like to respond to some of the posts here but there's too much to cover. I'm creating a Facebook group to continue the discussion. Here's the idea and requirements:

This group is for the local community to discuss the Shawangunk Gateway Campground, its development, and the effects on the community. All are welcome to join who have a direct interest in the campground, including local administration, the PIPC, neighbors, climbers, campers and more.

In order to join the group, please message one of the admins. You must use your real name in the group for posting and state your interest in the project, i.e. hiker, resident, camper, PIPC admin, climber, etc...

Keep it civil.

No name calling, trolling, or foul language.

Do not misrepresent who you are or your reason for joining.

Feel free to head on over, I'd really like to see the discussion continue there in a civil manner. Hopefully most everybody has a facebook account. I'll be posting anything I can dig up about the subject on that group.

Thanks to everyone that has joined the discussion here, and the Gunks.com site for the venue. I won't be posting anything else here.

Facebook group: Shawangunk Gateway Campground

https://www.facebook.com/groups/352765934771681/

Edited by GuilfordGang (04/25/12 10:35 PM)

#64216 - 04/25/12 10:54 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
All documents I have are now posted and available for download on the Facebook site, check the docs tab if you decide to join.

#64222 - 04/26/12 02:37 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
These are people you should be trying have a good relationship with. A few bad apples will ruin it for all. If neighborly relations continue to sour you can bet that Future projects will be met with strong opposition and more land will likely close (more on that later).

Thanks, MPNA

Quoted for posterity.

Climbers, beware...you heard it here first: support MPNA in opposing the campground, or there will be more land closures.

Oh yea, THAT'S sure to win folks to your view.

(Reminds me of "The beatings will continue until morale improves")

#64226 - 04/26/12 10:57 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Mike Rawdon]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Lean budgets may keep this controversy brewing for years. Expect more posts in 2015 and beyond.

Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored