Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >
Topic Options
#65065 - 05/30/12 05:21 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
this is from the AAC site, but is about a year old. the full extent of their current role is not known to me, but likely includes consulting, advocacy, and some limited preliminary funding for the studies required in permitting and siting.

Since 2006, in partnership with The Mohonk Preserve, the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation, and the Palisades Interstate Park Commission, the American Alpine Club has been working toward the creation of a campground near the popular climbing area, the Shawangunks—or "The Gunks" for short.

The campground, as currently planned, will include approximately 50 drive-in and walk-in campsites, a central gathering area with cooking and shower facilities, and an indoor space where visitors can gather during rainy weather.

At present [July 2011], the design phase of the project is complete and the project is now in the permitting phase. Once appropriate permits have been secured from various agencies, construction bids will be solicited.

Further updates will be posted on this page and on americanalpineclub.org/news.

Our Partners in this project:

#65068 - 05/30/12 06:00 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: phlan]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Thanks Phlan, that much I knew.

However, in all the recent discussions, or a newspaper article a few months ago, nary a mention of the AAC's role in the project which began at the very beginning.

#65070 - 05/30/12 06:37 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
pda Offline
addict

Loc: Bergen County NJ
Its my understanding that PIPC owns the campground but the Preserve and the AAC plan to jointly administer it.

#65072 - 05/30/12 09:21 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: pda]
old hand

Originally Posted By: pda
Its my understanding that PIPC owns the campground but the Preserve and the AAC plan to jointly administer it.

Yes, that was pretty much as it was earlier presented. I clarify my point. That is, there has been no recent mention of the AAC's current role. The AAC has a strong record in regard to this type of facility based on their track record with the Climber's Ranch in the Teton's. If they are still going to be involved with the new campground, responsible for onsite management with the MP, then I believe that many of the concerns shared with the local residents will be non-issues. This campground plan is nothing like what existed previously at the MUA.

Regarding possible noise or traffic issues at the new campground's pavilion during such events that the PIPC or MP might hold there, have there been issues with such events held at the Spring Farm pavilion?

#65073 - 05/30/12 10:04 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: Rickster

Yes, that was pretty much as it was earlier presented. I clarify my point. That is, there has been no recent mention of the AAC's current role. The AAC has a strong record in regard to this type of facility based on their track record with the Climber's Ranch in the Teton's. If they are still going to be involved with the new campground, responsible for onsite management with the MP, then I believe that many of the concerns shared with the local residents will be non-issues. This campground plan is nothing like what existed previously at the MUA.

Regarding possible noise or traffic issues at the new campground's pavilion during such events that the PIPC or MP might hold there, have there been issues with such events held at the Spring Farm pavilion?

Not a very good argument Rick as both the spring farm pavilion and the climbers ranch at the Tetons have No neighbors.......,
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65074 - 05/30/12 11:15 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
old hand

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group

Not a very good argument Rick as both the spring farm pavilion and the climbers ranch at the Tetons have No neighbors.......,

Not meant as an argument. But, seeking additional information via an easy simple question.

So, recognizing that the Climbers Ranch's only neighbors are wildlife, I asked about any issues at the MP's Springfarm facility. A quick look at google maps shows that there are in fact neighbors along Stoke's Way, Lower 27 Knolls Rd, and further out along Mohonk Rd. Granted they are further away and at a lower density. But, they too are neighbors. Something I had presumed you would know, being their "advocate".

So, the question remains once again. Have there been (noise or traffic) issues related to the pavilion at Spring Farm?

Or, are these current concerns founded only on the past history of the poorly planned, and poorly managed DEC campground at the MUA?

#65076 - 05/31/12 12:46 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Not meant as an argument. But, seeking additional information via an easy simple question.

to this guy, everything is an argument, especially if you seem even remotely sympathetic to the Preserve.

So, recognizing that the Climbers Ranch's only neighbors are wildlife, I asked about any issues at the MP's Springfarm facility. A quick look at google maps shows that there are in fact neighbors along Stoke's Way, Lower 27 Knolls Rd, and further out along Mohonk Rd. Granted they are further away and at a lower density. But, they too are neighbors. Something I had presumed you would know, being their "advocate".{/quote]
Chris Ulrich is only an advocate to those willing to stroke his ego and proclaim the Preserve is the ultimate evil.

[quote=Rickster]Or, are these current concerns founded only on the past history of the poorly planned, and poorly managed DEC campground at the MUA?

Probably. And the fact that the Preserve is involved.

#65077 - 05/31/12 12:57 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Hey RetroMarcC,

what's up with referring to yourself in the plural when you are trying to attack people. You frequently use the form "us" or "we" as if to bolster your position. Or do you have multiple personalities? Just curious as many of your posts here and on other forums repeat the same error.... With about 30 seconds of searching I came up with the following MarcCisms

We can add....
protect early and often

Don, we just don't give a rats ass.

What? You're a 95 yr old British guy? Oh. Maybe you mean more modern. Odd, we don't see your name on any FAs or FFAs in the 60's in Yosemite, Boulder, or the Gunks.

This coming from a guy who thinks his 10 sycophants are a powerful group. Are you some kind of stalker? Why do you think I live in Utah and that I'm this Marcc guy? You don't know a damned thing about me.

"We" meaning the all the other users of this site that read your drivel. It can also mean the Gunks climbing community and Preserve users who have to continue increasing our donations to pay for fighting your petty, retaliative lawsuits. How's that court injunction working out for you? The use of "we" is hardly something new or unique in net forums. Almost everyone has used it at one point or another, including yourself.

It's so much fun watching your blood boil. Do you have a throbbing forehead vein? How's your blood pressure these days?

#65078 - 05/31/12 01:06 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

So, recognizing that the Climbers Ranch's only neighbors are wildlife, I asked about any issues at the MP's Springfarm facility. A quick look at google maps shows that there are in fact neighbors along Stoke's Way, Lower 27 Knolls Rd, and further out along Mohonk Rd. Granted they are further away and at a lower density. But, they too are neighbors. Something I had presumed you would know, being their "advocate".

So, the question remains once again. Have there been (noise or traffic) issues related to the pavilion at Spring Farm?

Or, are these current concerns founded only on the past history of the poorly planned, and poorly managed DEC campground at the MUA?

So it becomes clearer that you really do not know who the neighbors are Rick. Why would the houses on Mohonk Rd care, they were built by the Smiley family and they still reside there. More ridge development by the "preservationists". The house on Upper 27 knolls is also owned by Mohonk and rented out to their staff. If you look at the Slingerland Pavilion PDF rental guidelines online you will notice that they only permit a "maximum of 115 guests from sunrise to sunset and the maximum duration of an event is 6 hrs" and "the event must not conflict with other visitors' use or quiet enjoyment of the resource.....or neighbors' privacy and security" and amplified music is prohibited. One must wonder why they feel the need to put a much more invasive project right in the neighbors back yard on 299?

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65079 - 05/31/12 01:15 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

In addition you must be a Mohonk Preserve member to rent out the Slingerland pavilion and have a MP staff member there for the duration of the event. But it's ok to have a pavilion with amplification and more than 3X the amount of people right in the neighbors back yard? It really seems unreasonable.

Thanks, MPNA

Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored