Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#64403 - 05/01/12 02:41 AM sorry terriem
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
so with all thats been going here at gunks.com i realize what an asset you are and i was a bit of an asshole. i was pissed at swanky all those days when i couldnt get a spot, but not anymore.sorry...you dont have to like me now.crimpster

#64427 - 05/01/12 02:18 PM Re: sorry terriem [Re: crimpy]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Nicely done, Crimpy.

#64497 - 05/02/12 05:09 PM Re: sorry terriem [Re: chip]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
Noted, crimpy.

It might help to put it in some perspective. There have been more than a few Sundays when I have been unable to get a parking spot myself, after having worked trailwork and wanting nothing more than to dip in the creek to wash off and then rest.

But I know that on a good summer day, the chances of having a spot open are low to nil. And so instead I go down to the deli, get an iced coffee and take some time to check emails, or find a shady spot to park and take a nap.

It doesn't do me any good to be mad at the others who have either planned ahead to have a place to park, or driven around until one opened.

#64843 - 05/15/12 03:05 PM Re: sorry terriem [Re: TerrieM]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

i was cranky at swanky cause i believed it was broken down in the lot for quite a while. i guess you were climbing all of those days...sorry

#64876 - 05/16/12 03:35 PM Re: sorry terriem [Re: crimpy]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
I wish I were climbing all those days.... But if the van had been broken down there, it would have been all over the Mohonksville grapevine. Dude, you clearly aren't connected!

On a tangent - a bear came by the other night. Tried to get in the bear-proof canister, which did it's job. The bear stuck it's nose by the opening latch, saw that wouldn't work, then went to the side, stood up and grabbed both aretes near the top of the box. Tried to rock it off the base. Luckily...it gave up with two attempts.

Then it went into the bathroom vestibule. I was by my van and my camera was inside, but as I clicked open the door, the bear heard it and bear-sauntered away.

Posted to my FB page and someone remarked: "But did the bear USE the outhouse, thereby answering the age old question ?"

#64936 - 05/20/12 12:49 PM Re: sorry terriem [Re: TerrieM]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Dude, you clearly aren't connected!

thanks...

Edited by crimpy (05/20/12 12:49 PM)

Sponsored