Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64189 - 04/25/12 03:23 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
TerrieM Online   content
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
MPNA - I have been a resident from May through November in Gardiner for the last 3 years, and have put in hundreds of hours volunteering.

At any rate, a campground is FOR people who don't reside in the area. Since I have quite a number of people asking me regularly about camping in the Gunks, it would be considered reasonable, by reasonable people, that I have an interest in the topic.

But go ahead with your non sequitur responses. It kind of shows that you're full of it. You can't deliver the goods, and your defense in an attempt to camouflage that.

"Besides, none of the locals seem to have the problems You have accessing any of the information." Ummm....upthread a person said they had scoured the internet looking for information to support the OP's allegations and found nothing.

Seems at least one other is having trouble locating the BS you are trying to pass of as fact.

#64190 - 04/25/12 05:01 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
Ok, before this gets out of hand I am going to see if I can get permission from Susan to post some or all of the docs she sent me.

As far as the change.org petition goes, a simple site search for Gardiner campground would have given the desired result, but seeing as I've located it, I'll share it:

http://www.change.org/petitions/gardiner-town-board-apply-local-zoning-to-the-campground

Crimpy, you're getting pretty negative dude. If a chunk of land was sold and turned into a subdivision in proximity to a favorite ascent and made the area unsightly or difficult to enjoy, you'd be "whining" too. We could just say, "So what, we need more housing." just like you think you need more camping space. So quit the condescending remarks, I didn't dig up this old post and start a discussion to pick a fight.

As far as data about the campground goes, this is a government venture and they aren't exactly handing out the information on the street corner shouting, "Extra, Extra, read all about it..."

Nobody's getting spoon-fed here, including me; so if you want more info, start digging and share what you find so we can all make a better decision about the matter.

MPNA, I gotta admit you are a bit of a broken record. You're saying the same things over an over but not contributing. Links, facts, proof and docs please. Let everyone benefit from the knowledge. You're not doing your cause any favors going on as you are.

Edited by GuilfordGang (04/25/12 05:12 AM)

#64191 - 04/25/12 11:37 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Ok, before this gets out of hand I am going to see if I can get permission from Susan to post some or all of the docs she sent me.

As far as the change.org petition goes, a simple site search for Gardiner campground would have given the desired result, but seeing as I've located it, I'll share it:

http://www.change.org/petitions/gardiner-town-board-apply-local-zoning-to-the-campground

Crimpy, you're getting pretty negative dude. If a chunk of land was sold and turned into a subdivision in proximity to a favorite ascent and made the area unsightly or difficult to enjoy, you'd be "whining" too. We could just say, "So what, we need more housing." just like you think you need more camping space. So quit the condescending remarks, I didn't dig up this old post and start a discussion to pick a fight.

As far as data about the campground goes, this is a government venture and they aren't exactly handing out the information on the street corner shouting, "Extra, Extra, read all about it..."

Nobody's getting spoon-fed here, including me; so if you want more info, start digging and share what you find so we can all make a better decision about the matter.

MPNA, I gotta admit you are a bit of a broken record. You're saying the same things over an over but not contributing. Links, facts, proof and docs please. Let everyone benefit from the knowledge. You're not doing your cause any favors going on as you are.

GuilfordGang,

We can appreciate you trying to play all sides here. Getting screwed is a tough nut to swallow and we're sure you will learn a lot from this process. Having said that we have posted or linked the only documents available online. If this is a public campground why would Mohonk Preserve not have made the documents public? At the various meetings the Mohonk Preserve has not given out maps or any other documents to people who attended the meetings. It's just another way for them to keep your small group separate. Susan also clearly needs more help than she is getting. She has done a great job but this project was started sometime in what 2002 and as a neighbor you are just getting into this? I know quite a few people in that area who ask us what is going on with the campground!!!!! 160 petition signatures? We submitted petitions to MP with over 600. We're not bragging, just showing that she needs help. So if and when you would like our help, we will be there for you. Best of luck.

MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64192 - 04/25/12 11:51 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: TerrieM]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: TerrieM
MPNA - I have been a resident from May through November in Gardiner for the last 3 years, and have put in hundreds of hours volunteering.

At any rate, a campground is FOR people who don't reside in the area. Since I have quite a number of people asking me regularly about camping in the Gunks, it would be considered reasonable, by reasonable people, that I have an interest in the topic.

But go ahead with your non sequitur responses. It kind of shows that you're full of it. You can't deliver the goods, and your defense in an attempt to camouflage that.

"Besides, none of the locals seem to have the problems You have accessing any of the information." Ummm....upthread a person said they had scoured the internet looking for information to support the OP's allegations and found nothing.

Seems at least one other is having trouble locating the BS you are trying to pass of as fact.

terrie,

You need to face the facts that you are just a drifter. You don't reside here or volunteer here. You volunteer for the Mohonk Preserve in exchange for "housing". We never see you at any of the town board meetings, planning, zoning or any other non MP event. being part of a community means contributing to the process not just skimming from it. In fact if you were so interested in the campground you could have come to the various meetingS but you have not. And now you try and scold us for not posting documents that Mohonk Preserve is keeping from the public? Give us a break with that lame bs.

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64193 - 04/25/12 12:30 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Al2 Offline
stranger

advocacy group,

Please know your facts before posting them. Terrie has been doing volunteer work for the past six years and not for "housing". I can tell you first hand. She volunteers to give back, don't knock.
Thanks

#64194 - 04/25/12 02:09 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
500 yards was the closest to any existing residence as shown on the first map posted. cheese with you whine!

#64195 - 04/25/12 02:32 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
GuilfordGang Offline
stranger

Loc: Currently Boston Area
Here we go, the gloves are slowly coming off. Ain't the Internet grand. I'd ask folks to chill out and stay respectful, but I'm just a guest here too.

MPNA, I'm a latecomer because I just learned about this. Had I known I would have been involved from the start, or maybe even never invested in Gardiner in the first place. As far as playing all sides, it's a pity others aren't interested in seeking balance on this subject. Regarding "getting screwed"... No, I don't feel that way. I'd rather have a campground than a subdivision. I'm not against the campground. What I do want is reasonable implementation and respect for those who live there.

Crimpy, you're just trolling; its obvious you don't care and/or have some prejudice against the residents in the area. Car horns, radios, loud music, TVs, yelling, headlights and the like don't care about distance. The residences most likely affected by noise are the ones to the south, where the terrain slopes into a bowl. Anybody that has been outdoors under certain conditions knows that sounds carry for miles, and in the grand scheme of things 500 yards is nothing.

Let's keep this on topic and knock off the bickering please.

Finally, I have contacted Susan. She has agreed that I can share the docs she sent me, I'll have to wait until I get home before I can set up the file hosting and post links. The docs are not site plans, but are the current state of negotiations between the residents and those building the campground.

She as also offered to sit down for coffee with Anyone from this forum and chat about the subject. I will make available her contact info as a download as well. From what I've seen of the work she's done, I fully support her efforts.

Edited by GuilfordGang (04/25/12 02:39 PM)

#64196 - 04/25/12 02:58 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
I'd rather have a campground than a subdivision. I'm not against the campground. What I do want is reasonable implementation and respect for those who live there.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. I hope it comes to pass. I'd love to camp in a ground with real sites, real showers and most importantly to me, real quiet.

I have to say: I hope it comes to pass, and doesn't become the usual "my way or the highway" blockade.

I'm also very interested in seeing the actual plan. I'm not interested in sitting for coffee and talking about protesting and letters and signatures and negotiations and endless innuendo; I'm interested in the plan. Does it have a big pavilion for 200+ people rave parties, or not? (I'm guessing 'not').

I've googled and seen the same things you guys have: a 50-site campground with some basic facilities.

Guilford, I do need to ask: are you a climber? Presumably you at a minimum knew you were buying land near the MUA, which is very close to the new site.

#64197 - 04/25/12 03:13 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: GuilfordGang]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: GuilfordGang
Here we go, the gloves are slowly coming off. Ain't the Internet grand. I'd ask folks to chill out and stay respectful, but I'm just a guest here too.

MPNA, I'm a latecomer because I just learned about this. Had I known I would have been involved from the start, or maybe even never invested in Gardiner in the first place. As far as playing all sides, it's a pity others aren't interested in seeking balance on this subject. Regarding "getting screwed"... No, I don't feel that way. I'd rather have a campground than a subdivision. I'm not against the campground. What I do want is reasonable implementation and respect for those who live there.

Crimpy, you're just trolling; its obvious you don't care and/or have some prejudice against the residents in the area. Car horns, radios, loud music, TVs, yelling, headlights and the like don't care about distance. The residences most likely affected by noise are the ones to the south, where the terrain slopes into a bowl. Anybody that has been outdoors under certain conditions knows that sounds carry for miles, and in the grand scheme of things 500 yards is nothing.

Let's keep this on topic and knock off the bickering please.

Finally, I have contacted Susan. She has agreed that I can share the docs she sent me, I'll have to wait until I get home before I can set up the file hosting and post links. The docs are not site plans, but are the current state of negotiations between the residents and those building the campground.

She as also offered to sit down for coffee with Anyone from this forum and chat about the subject. I will make available her contact info as a download as well. From what I've seen of the work she's done, I fully support her efforts.

GuilfordGang,

Our intent was to show that you are late because the word is slow to get out and not because of anything you did or didn't do. We are happy that there is another neighbor on board. The bigger the group the more successful you will be. Susan and your group should reach out to people, expecting people to reach out to you will not get you the results you need. Having been to the meetings we see a pattern that is similar to other meetings we have been at with the preserve. Clearly the dialog is tense, lawyers are present etc.... PIPC is really out of line in their approach as is the Mohonk Preserve. While you may not feel screwed now, our experience shows this feeling will not last long...... And while it's possible everything will work out well for you, I wouldn't hold my breath. That is great news that you will be posting documents. Hopefully that will get some of the regular posters here on board. Feel free to post them on any of our threads which get heavy traffic and are viewed by many locals. I would also try to get your story in more of the local papers. Keep it going, week after week, be relentless because they are for sure. Best of luck,

MPNA

#64198 - 04/25/12 03:19 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Julie]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Julie
I'd rather have a campground than a subdivision. I'm not against the campground. What I do want is reasonable implementation and respect for those who live there.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. I hope it comes to pass. I'd love to camp in a ground with real sites, real showers and most importantly to me, real quiet.

I have to say: I hope it comes to pass, and doesn't become the usual "my way or the highway" blockade.

I'm also very interested in seeing the actual plan. I'm not interested in sitting for coffee and talking about protesting and letters and signatures and negotiations and endless innuendo; I'm interested in the plan. Does it have a big pavilion for 200+ people rave parties, or not? (I'm guessing 'not').

I've googled and seen the same things you guys have: a 50-site campground with some basic facilities.

Guilford, I do need to ask: are you a climber? Presumably you at a minimum knew you were buying land near the MUA, which is very close to the new site.

280+ person pavilion. As per the last meeting....

Thanks,MPNA

Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored