Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Ralph), 7 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#65080 - 05/31/12 01:19 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: retroscree
Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
Hey RetroMarcC,

what's up with referring to yourself in the plural when you are trying to attack people. You frequently use the form "us" or "we" as if to bolster your position. Or do you have multiple personalities? Just curious as many of your posts here and on other forums repeat the same error.... With about 30 seconds of searching I came up with the following MarcCisms

We can add....
protect early and often

Don, we just don't give a rats ass.

What? You're a 95 yr old British guy? Oh. Maybe you mean more modern. Odd, we don't see your name on any FAs or FFAs in the 60's in Yosemite, Boulder, or the Gunks.

This coming from a guy who thinks his 10 sycophants are a powerful group. Are you some kind of stalker? Why do you think I live in Utah and that I'm this Marcc guy? You don't know a damned thing about me.

"We" meaning the all the other users of this site that read your drivel. It can also mean the Gunks climbing community and Preserve users who have to continue increasing our donations to pay for fighting your petty, retaliative lawsuits. How's that court injunction working out for you? The use of "we" is hardly something new or unique in net forums. Almost everyone has used it at one point or another, including yourself.

It's so much fun watching your blood boil. Do you have a throbbing forehead vein? How's your blood pressure these days?

Ok RetroMarcC........ but I believe you meant "why do you think we live in Utah and we're this MarcC guy" Fixed that for ya......
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65081 - 05/31/12 01:39 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: retroscree
Hey RetroMarcC,

what's up with referring to yourself in the plural when you are trying to attack people. You frequently use the form "us" or "we" as if to bolster your position. Or do you have multiple personalities? Just curious as many of your posts here and on other forums repeat the same error.... With about 30 seconds of searching I came up with the following MarcCisms

We can add....
protect early and often

Don, we just don't give a rats ass.

What? You're a 95 yr old British guy? Oh. Maybe you mean more modern. Odd, we don't see your name on any FAs or FFAs in the 60's in Yosemite, Boulder, or the Gunks.

This coming from a guy who thinks his 10 sycophants are a powerful group. Are you some kind of stalker? Why do you think I live in Utah and that I'm this Marcc guy? You don't know a damned thing about me.

"We" meaning the all the other users of this site that read your drivel. It can also mean the Gunks climbing community and Preserve users who have to continue increasing our donations to pay for fighting your petty, retaliative lawsuits. How's that court injunction working out for you? The use of "we" is hardly something new or unique in net forums. Almost everyone has used it at one point or another, including yourself.

It's so much fun watching your blood boil. Do you have a throbbing forehead vein? How's your blood pressure these days?

Ya see! there YOU go again with the "continue increasing OUR donations" . Just face it RetroMarcC, You have not increased Your donation to the preserve. Your name is not even on their donors list. Nice try though.......ROFL
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65229 - 06/04/12 03:43 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
pda Offline
addict

Loc: Bergen County NJ
Quote:
what's up with referring to yourself in the plural when you are trying to attack people

Too funny . . . coming from a guy who calls himself a "Group"

#65232 - 06/04/12 04:19 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
retroscree Online   content
enthusiast

Ya see! there YOU go again with the "continue increasing OUR donations" . Just face it RetroMarcC, You have not increased Your donation to the preserve. Your name is not even on their donors list. Nice try though.......ROFL

How could you know if my name is on the donors list when you don't know my name? And you still insist on confusing me with this MarcC guy for some reason.

#65233 - 06/04/12 04:30 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: retroscree]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
Because A.G. is a big fat nihilistic, hate filled troll.

#65247 - 06/04/12 10:04 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
sandia Offline
stranger

It's astonishing to me that Gunks Climbing Coalition/Access fund has had zero impact and input on this project. Illustrates their unfortunate irrelevance.

Also that American Alpine Club has been in zero communication with Gunks climbers about its involvement. Quite arrogant and wrong-headed, in my view.

Astonishing that discussion on this site has mainly revolved around concern of a few residents that attractions of Gunks may impact their privacy rights. One might think discussion here would instead be about the interests of climbers.

I am opposed to the AAC/Mohonk campground because its primary goal to is shut down free camping at MUA, a place that I like very much, and that could be expanded and made sustainable through simple, but deliberately ignored expedient of a rough parking lot.

Its supposed "problems" have never been studied, quantified or documented in any way that might justify its closing. I don't believe they are significant.

On less than 20 out of 365 days a year, is a bit crowded at MUA. But is free, and you can always stay there. AAC campground will be mostly closed during the year, and mostly, space will not be available.

So how is this an improvement?

I was banned from this site for insisting on these questions a year ago, and I am sure they are of little interest now.

I suggest the AAC/Mohonk campground at least redeem itself by offering weekly rock/rap concerts, heavily promoted on billboards throughout the region, during the few months it will be open annually.

#65248 - 06/04/12 10:24 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: sandia]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
yessssssss......

#65251 - 06/04/12 11:47 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Sandia, in Oct 2008 at a well attended gathering of old and new Gunks climbers held at the MP visitor center, then AAC president Jim Donini, past AAC president Jim McCarthy and others outlined plans for what was hoped to become a reality for the new campground. The AAC and Mohonk are not the only groups involved in the venture.

It is in the interest of climbers to be concerned about how the campground comes to be and how it effects the community.

#65253 - 06/05/12 12:23 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Rickster]
sandia Offline
stranger

Not a peep out of AAC in four years?

So your point is what?

Are you defining community to include a half-dozen small property owners along with the 50,000 "climber-days" per season?

GCC guy likes to call this tiny group the "stake holders." Is politi-speak for wanna-be state representatives. Then you've got the millionaire bird-watcher creeps more-or-less running Monhonk. Also "stakeholders."

When I reached current AAC president three years ago (with great difficulty only following multiple emails to many board members) and inquired, his claimed his awareness of MUA issue was zero.

He said he wasn't interested.

#65256 - 06/05/12 01:07 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: sandia]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Sandia,
My point was that the AAC did make it's plans known. Since then the other partners took over the process of developing this project.

Why wouldn't "community" include a half dozen small property owners. Would it be better if they were large property owners. I don't agree with their fears of what may happen at the new facility when it comes about, but they do have a stake in this as members of the community.

You've used the term 50,000 "climber days" per season. I am not sure what that has to do with what makes up a community.

Have you some info regarding the dates of the new campground's season? I've not seen it posted or printed. What exactly is this short season?

Do you also mean that the "GCC guy" or maybe the "stake holders" are "wanna-be state representatives"? Even if that were so, what does it matter?

You certainly seem terribly disgruntled that you were not involved in this process. That's unfortunate, I wasn't involved either, so were a lot of other folks. I beleave many are good with that. Unfortunately, it seems now that there are more than a few on both sides of the argument that feel left out of the loop.

Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored