Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#65122 - 06/01/12 01:02 AM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Ok, first you said there was no plan, then when confronted with evidence to the contrary, you double down?

The pilot says there was a detailed plan. Hmmm who to believe? You or him?

Read what the CAA spokesman said.

"It's possible that we may find the rigger was told to do precisely that in which case the actual cause of the event shifts and it becomes about whether or not the actual plan was a good one," she said.

Thats not what you said. You said there was no plan and now it becomes " there was no plan because there was an accident" So you're not sticking to your point, you're qualifying it. There's a pretty major difference.

Look, put an end to this pointless squabbling, if the final accident report says there was no plan, per your original assertion, I'll buy you a pint.

#65123 - 06/01/12 01:21 AM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: ianmanger]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Man you never offered to buy us a pint!
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65125 - 06/01/12 03:05 AM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
I think they are all full of shit trying to cover their ass. There is insurance, fines, and who knows what else. OSHA says you need a plan for these kinds of things. But no one can make a plan without knowing how long the cable is. And no one is going to make a plan that calls for working off a short cable. If there was a *plan* they would have discussed what to do with a short cable and stuck to it.

The pilot thought perhaps he would see how close he could get to the ground and the rigger wanted to see how close he could get to the cable. There was no plan. They were just experimenting without any planning.

Look at the camera man, he's hauling ass because he knows the shit is going to hit the fan. It's obvious. They other guys are oblivious to what is about to happen because they assume they guy under the chopper knows what he is doing. Do you think they are all standing there because they are following a plan? The pilot admitted he was going back up.

If there was a plan no one knew what it was. If there was a plan the pilot would have been informed sooner that the cable was too short.

Edited by donald perry (06/01/12 03:09 AM)

#65128 - 06/01/12 12:12 PM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: Advocacy group]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

But I enjoy the pointless squabbling with you :-). I know I'm never going to get anywhere. Besides, I have no idea how many 'you' are so it could be a big round. But I would buy you a pint, Chris, anytime.

ps pls keep the invasive species thread going.

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group

#65129 - 06/01/12 12:21 PM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: ianmanger]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
I'd buy you a case if it would stop you from harrasing us (climbers)!

#65130 - 06/01/12 12:21 PM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: ianmanger]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: ianmanger
But I enjoy the pointless squabbling with you :-). I know I'm never going to get anywhere. Besides, I have no idea how many 'you' are so it could be a big round. But I would buy you a pint, Chris, anytime.

ps pls keep the invasive species thread going.

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group

The feeling is mutual smile
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#65153 - 06/02/12 01:03 PM Re: Accident on Black Fly today [Re: Advocacy group]
cavecanum Offline
stranger

Accidents recorded since 1975 in the Gunks showed higher rates of severe injuries in older (and perhaps more experienced) climbers: http://www.nysspa.org/download/2011abstracts/Rock_Climbing_Accidents.pdf

Experienced climbers have a higher incidence of injury than those with none or little to moderate experience (according to the American and Canadian Alpine Clubs).

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored