Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 2 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#65293 - 06/05/12 11:45 PM Re: Free Clinics; Learn what you don't know. [Re: gunks]
whatthegunks Offline

Loc: High Falls, NY
Yes, I do mean the 9th. Thanks for catch.

#65310 - 06/06/12 04:29 PM Re: Free Clinics; Learn what you don't know. [Re: whatthegunks]
wombat Offline

Loc: gardiner
thanks GCC facebook page for the interesting link to the fall tests on dyneems and nylon slings in the context of using them as tethers. A good reminder of how quickly forces can build, even in a small fall.

#65392 - 06/10/12 02:18 PM Re: Free Clinics; Learn what you don't know. [Re: Coppertone]
whatthegunks Offline

There won't be a clinic this coming Satuday, I am away and in back country for most of week (didn't get a guide for the date). Of course people could get together without a particular guide/topic and discuss whatever, share ideas/tricks. I'll be back on track with a clinic on the 23rd. J.

#65451 - 06/13/12 05:48 AM Re: Free Clinics; Learn what you don't know. [Re: whatthegunks]
whatthegunks Offline

Pete Guyre will be doing a clinic on this coming Saturday focussed on leading skills. 5:10 at tbe Uberfall. Pete is awesome, don't miss. ~J.

#65767 - 06/29/12 12:34 PM Re: Free Clinics; Learn what you don't know. [Re: whatthegunks]
whatthegunks Offline

The clinics have sputtered with a bit of rain and some poor turnout (despite RSVPs). I have not been in front of it for this Saturday but will resume next week, July 7, with a clinic on leading; gear placement tricks, protecting the second, rope management, double ropes vs. single, plus anything that folks want to talk about.

Sorry to the people who have contacted me about this week, we'll be back on track next week with a wildly interesting clinic bound to make you the rope gun you dream of being (RangerRob, I think you should plan on attending).

Once again, please RSVP if you plan to come out and if you RSVP show up, it is no fun for a guide to finish a day of guiding and then hangout waiting only to be stood up; not cool.

joe@alpineendeavors.com

See you soon, Joe.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored