Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#65238 - 06/04/12 05:10 PM jar of coins
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
Everytime AG or MNPA post troll b.s I will put some coins in a jar marked campground. When its full I will personally hand it to john ross....hahahah!
I urge others to do the same.

#65239 - 06/04/12 05:19 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: crimpy]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Hmm, good idea.
Set an amount.
Get a few of us to join.
Post the current value as an antio NPA hit count.

#65341 - 06/08/12 01:37 AM Re: jar of coins [Re: Mark Heyman]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

three days, zero duckets.

#65370 - 06/09/12 09:26 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: crimpy]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

72 cents in the jar...

#65390 - 06/10/12 02:16 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: crimpy]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

four dollars...

#65414 - 06/11/12 04:37 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: crimpy]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
Hiya Crimp. It's unfortunate that things are so remarkably polarized along the ridge. From my view the source of the polarization is the conduct of Mohonk Preserve management vis-a-vis their neighbors.

So while you may have $4 in your jar, multiple Mohonk neighbors I have spoken with, people who previously intended to give cash and or significant pieces of land to the MP, have sworn they will never consider such gifts again.

And these are pieces of land MP really wants too.

#65416 - 06/11/12 06:02 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: Kent]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

I understand and respect you kent. clearly my beef is with the tactics of A.G. which dont seem to contribute to, and are not appreciated by most site visitors.
Perhaps i am trolling the troll, but as you can see i am really just a big pussy!

#65417 - 06/11/12 09:05 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: crimpy]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
This is a case of contagion. Originally AG posted in a friendly way attempting to win sympathizers to his point of view. Unfortunately there were all too many nasty responses to some of these posts. Now, it seems, AG has turned somewhat nasty in return. All hope of winning sympathy is now gone, so there is no point of posting other than to vent anger. Too bad. frown

#65419 - 06/11/12 10:30 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: oenophore]
ianmanger Online   content
enthusiast

That's a strange and highly selective review of this mess. While the initial posts on either side aren't hostile, the infamous MPNA thread degenerated because both sides talked past one another, as is often the case.

Things really start going south when AG was asked, quite politely, to provide documentation to back up his claims, and we got a slew of 10-15 year old articles from the media and some rather curious defensiveness that soon morphed into the AG we know and love..

I've talked privately with Kent about the underlying issues and yes, I would indeed prefer that the MP behaved unimpeachably. We've all heard ad nauseam about this infamous quit claims and yet still no one will give a straight answer and back it up with the documents.

The other major issue was that thread was that it had no place in General Climbing, a point that was made frequently, so Evan moved it.

I have frequently congratulated AG for posting in the correct thread recently. He's still evasive and would rather troll than make himself useful. Now we argue for the hell of it, as we've both admitted, and I've promised him a pint next time I see him.

Originally Posted By: oenophore
This is a case of contagion. Originally AG posted in a friendly way attempting to win sympathizers to his point of view. Unfortunately there were all too many nasty responses to some of these posts. Now, it seems, AG has turned somewhat nasty in return. All hope of winning sympathy is now gone, so there is no point of posting other than to vent anger. Too bad. frown

#65421 - 06/11/12 10:38 PM Re: jar of coins [Re: ianmanger]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: ianmanger
That's a strange and highly selective review of this mess. While the initial posts on either side aren't hostile, the infamous MPNA thread degenerated because both sides talked past one another, as is often the case.

Things really start going south when AG was asked, quite politely, to provide documentation to back up his claims, and we got a slew of 10-15 year old articles from the media and some rather curious defensiveness that soon morphed into the AG we know and love..

I've talked privately with Kent about the underlying issues and yes, I would indeed prefer that the MP behaved unimpeachably. We've all heard ad nauseam about this infamous quit claims and yet still no one will give a straight answer and back it up with the documents.

The other major issue was that thread was that it had no place in General Climbing, a point that was made frequently, so Evan moved it.

I have frequently congratulated AG for posting in the correct thread recently. He's still evasive and would rather troll than make himself useful. Now we argue for the hell of it, as we've both admitted, and I've promised him a pint next time I see him.

Originally Posted By: oenophore

Ahhhh mortal enemies brought together by beer. smile
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored