Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#65820 - 07/06/12 06:14 PM Rejected. Help me computer people!
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
For the last few days, when I open gunks.com, I get the same message popping up each time:
"The GoogleMapsAPI server has rejected your request. The "client" parameter specified in the request is invalid."

It is a small thing but what's up with that? Am I getting tracked by NSA? Worse yet, by AG? Maybe this computer is jealous of the one at home and keeping track of my activities?!

#65821 - 07/06/12 06:28 PM Re: Rejected. Help me computer people! [Re: chip]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
I think it's rejecting the weather forecast piece that used to appear on the home page.

#65823 - 07/06/12 07:20 PM Re: Rejected. Help me computer people! [Re: Mike Rawdon]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Makes sense, Mike. Who needs a weather forecast anyway? I reject it right back!

#65824 - 07/06/12 07:32 PM Re: Rejected. Help me computer people! [Re: Mike Rawdon]
retroscree Online   content
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Mike Rawdon
I think it's rejecting the weather forecast piece that used to appear on the home page.

The NWS did a major redesign of all their sites and just implemented the changes in the last week. Any websites that used NWS data are broken until the site owner updates the programming. The NWS change also altered the format of the data it was sending. If that data was used to form a Google API request, then that call to Google is broken as well. That's what is happening here.

Just add it to the list of things that don't work on this site.

Sponsored