Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#66434 - 08/31/12 01:13 AM Bouldering traverses
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
What is the furthest anyone has gone along either the Trapps or the Nears by traversing just off the ground, say no more than 10' off the ground? I've done it in a few different places, like around the base of High E, at the Uberfall, and around the Birdland area. I've gone a decent way by High E by going left across Schockley's and into the Travels corner. Try traversing the Laurel/Rhodo wall from right to left. there are some pretty triky moves. I think there is so much potential for pieceing together really cool bouldering sequences while incorporating a good pump factor.

#66436 - 08/31/12 03:01 AM Re: Bouldering traverses [Re: RangerRob]
rg@ofmc Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Poughkeepsie, NY
We used to do a lot of this BITD. The Laurel Wall traverse was a of the standard boulder problem. I remember some decent climbing starting at Sixish and traversing across Drunkard's Delight. Never cared too much about staying on continuously; we'd just step off and walk around easy sections.

#66465 - 09/02/12 01:05 PM Re: Bouldering traverses [Re: rg@ofmc]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
oh see, that's the difference between us RG. I LOOK for the easy sections! I do think the Laurel Wall traverse is pretty good,and I always get strange looks from people when I am doing it.

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored