Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#66458 - 09/01/12 06:21 PM Shawangunks Bouldering Guide
climbingbetty Offline
stranger

Loc: Stone Ridge, NY
For a local climber, is it even worth picking up this book? I mostly climb routes, so the assorted boulder problems at the Gunks are a complete mystery to me. I'm pretty weak sauce when it comes to bouldering, so I think I'm too weak/embarrassed to join up with some of the local boulderers and learn the generally lay of the land. I'm just looking for a little guidance toward the V0/V1 problems I can project, preferably away from where others can pass by and laugh as I struggle on their toddler's warm-up problem. Is this book worth the cash outlay, or should I just glean info from mountainproj since 95% of the problems in the book are beyond what I ever hope to be worthy enough to scrub the chalk off of?

#66459 - 09/02/12 02:38 AM Re: Shawangunks Bouldering Guide [Re: climbingbetty]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
yes i recommend the guide.i have used it and youtube/google in conjunction to get decent video beta, especially good for bouldering alone. i have also used the guide to find problems, then showed up at the boulders on busy days and got tons of friendly beta and spots.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored