Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (Coppertone, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#6677 - 09/14/02 12:46 AM accident reports??????
ARCHER Offline
journeyman

Loc: BOWMANSTOWN,PA
when I try to view many of the drop down items, I get the same climber coalition page ??????? IS THIS AN ACCIDENT???/

#6678 - 09/14/02 02:18 AM Re: accident reports?????? [Re: ARCHER]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
That's happening because the reports on there yet. They're coming, though. Should be 2-3 weeks before we get everything back on. Never realized the site had so much content!

-em

#6679 - 09/14/02 02:35 AM Re: accident reports?????? [Re: webmaster]
ARCHER Offline
journeyman

HEY, NOT COMPLAINING. I LIKE THE SITE.JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF IT. THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE.

#6680 - 09/14/02 01:50 PM Re: accident reports?????? [Re: webmaster]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
Evan - just a question about the Accident Reports: will they be interactive at all, either allowing a gunks.com user to post a report, or (well-moderated of course) discussions on an accident?

I'd really like to see that ... accidents are opportunities for ALL of us to learn, and introspection on a situation from different people - those involved, and other rg-type folk - could make the 'Accident Report' a really, really valuable page on this site.

There are so many accident reports that just leave me wondering. Like the guy in North Carolina last week - how did 5 pieces and 100 feet end up in fatal groundfall? Or one in Echo Crag last weekend - 3 pieces pulled, groundfall, unfortunately no helmet, and it sounded like a bad head injury. But: why did those 3 pieces pull? Believe it or not, not knowing *really* bothers me; I don't know what keeps it from happening to me.

And - it's not said often enough - thanks for all the work.

Julie

#6681 - 09/14/02 04:48 PM Re: accident reports?????? [Re: Julie]
ARCHER Offline
journeyman

Ditto. A 93 yr old friend of mine, had a picture of himself on a three-wheeler( with a helmet on ) hanging on the wall of his house.He had a quote posted right below it.
"The secret to remaining young, is to remain teachable".
Good or Bad, we can all learn something from the actions of others,no matter our age, ability, or experience.Wisdom, is applying knowledge correctly.
I look forward to learning more of that which is good.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored