Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#66804 - 10/23/12 03:38 PM Steve & Corey Jones - Blast from the Past
GunksWest Offline
journeyman

Loc: west o' the rockies
Through a random conversation in Prescott, Arizona last week, I ended up speaking with Steve Jones for the first time since the mid-1980's. As older residents of Gunks.com may remember, Steve would show up at the cliffs in the mid-80's with a wild Mohawk haircut and decked out in amazing lycra pants.

Steve is now living in Colorado and he and his brother, Corey, are building climbing walls all over the country. Their company is Leading Edge Climbing Walls and their website is www.leadwall.com. Steve is also hoping to open a climbing gym in Colorado after the New Year.

So, if you had been wondering where Steve & Corey went to and what they are up to, now you know!

#66808 - 10/23/12 09:12 PM Re: Steve & Corey Jones - Blast from the Past [Re: GunksWest]
Dana Offline
addict

Steve and Corey were two of my first climbing partners at the 'Gunks in the early/mid '70s.. Both were (?are) very talented climbers. Steve did some amazing bouldering in the '80s with Jim Holloway, Sandy Stewart, etc. at Morrison and elsewhere. Knowing the Jones brothers, I am sure their climbing walls are great and Steve's gym will be, too.

#66838 - 10/27/12 03:32 PM Re: Steve & Corey Jones - Blast from the Past [Re: Dana]
Dana Offline
addict

More trivia: Steve was the first person to use camming units at the 'Gunks. He bought a set of Friends from Jardine in Yosemite and used them on Wegetables - ? 1977.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored