Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#6683 - 09/16/02 05:07 PM Lemon Squeeze?
Schmack Offline

Loc: South East PA
I recently read a post about a hike called lemon squeeze. Can anyone give me any beta?

#6684 - 09/17/02 02:00 AM Re: Lemon Squeeze? [Re: Schmack]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
It's over at Skytop, part of the Labyrinth path. I haven't done it, hear it's a lot of fun. There are signs pointing the way at the base of Skytop... exactly where I don't know. Maybe I'll go check it out this weekend.

#6685 - 03/21/03 06:03 PM Re: Lemon Squeeze? [Re: Schmack]
charliebutters Offline
addict

Loc: accord
theres a junction where the A-T meets the arden surebridge trail in harriman called the lemon squeezer?
never been there though.

#6686 - 04/07/03 05:15 PM Re: Lemon Squeeze? [Re: Schmack]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
I'm not sure, but if you have a Skytop climbing guidebook I think the Lemon Squeeze is the same as the Crevice.

#6687 - 04/18/03 07:14 PM Re: Lemon Squeeze? [Re: Schmack]
chazman Offline
old hand

Great way to spend the afternoon. The trail is on the property of the Mohonk Mountain House (see web site for directions). We went up with our 6 year old. From the parking lot to the start of the climb is 2 - 3 miles depending on how you go. You can't park at the Mohank Mountain House unless you are a guest or having a meal there. The Lemon squeeze is about a mile or so of up - down - under - over scrambling. Some of the stuff is hard... for kids or adults. Some very clostrophobic (sp?) sections also. The treat is to finally make your way up the crevis ladders (maybe 120' total in three or four sections... the last one being very narrow, leaning and overhanging). Once you pop out to daylight you can explore the Skytop tower. Pictures follow:

Could this be any more fun

Yes... you go up that and have to squeeze through that opening up top

Have fun.

#6688 - 04/21/03 01:10 AM Re: Lemon Squeeze? [Re: pedestrian]
LesterLeBlanc Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Los Angeles
As mentioned before ... the Lemon Squeeze is the boulder you have to crawl under just before you reach the Fissure Ramins area.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored