Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66890 - 11/08/12 06:19 PM STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear
carlitos Offline
stranger

Loc: Riverdale, NY
Hi, we are Chris & Kristina, and we love the gunks and go just about every weekend for the last 5 or so years.
We had an unfortunate break into our vehicle, in Brooklyn NOT the gunks. and ALL of our climbing gear was stolen which was in our two packs...
Mammut Genesis 8.5 old model (orange/blue) red metolius rope bag
Black Diamond cams double of all sizes
Black Diamond Oz and Hotwire carabiners 20-25?
Slings, atc's, grigri, ascender, various other locking carabiners all on a green metolious gear sling.
most cams had my initials CP on them with black marker, but may have worn off slightly.
Our packs EMS Summit TL and Mammut Trea Guide Women's were taken with all of this in it, including our stinky climbing shoes...
some other stuff I'm sure, if anyone gets wind of these things for sale please let me know...
and any climbers out there looking to climbing with a couple, we would love to. It took 6 years to build up that rack... we'll see how long it takes to do it again.
Thanks climbers!
Chris & Kristina

#66919 - 11/16/12 01:24 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: carlitos]
Doug Ferguson Offline
stranger

hey chris,

i have a bunch of climbing gear i will donate to you so you guys can get back on your feet. give me a call 845-853-5450. i come down to brooklyn on thursdays to volunteer with the adaptive climbing group that meets than.

doug

#66926 - 11/17/12 02:20 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: carlitos]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
I have some gear you can use on long term loan.
Old, but nothing I wouldn't climb on myself if I didn't have better.

#66927 - 11/17/12 02:37 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: carlitos]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
I have a pretty good number of extra cams and stoppers in all sizes I'd be willing to donate as well. The cams are older but have all been re-slung. Call or text.

2 oh three 644 three 1 two niner

#66938 - 11/19/12 04:05 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: Kent]
RangerRob Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ulster County, NY
I was gonna be a douche and point out the fact that you left all our climbing gear in the car in Brooklyn....but now I read about how everyone wants to donate you gear to get you back on your feet. I feel like a turd. Can I apoligize for just thinking like a turd?

#66940 - 11/19/12 04:08 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: RangerRob]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
Admission of guilt can help sway the court. Good job on your transformation from turd to all-around-good-guy.

#66941 - 11/19/12 06:18 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: RangerRob]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: RangerRob
I was gonna be a douche and point out the fact that you left all our climbing gear in the car in Brooklyn....but now I read about how everyone wants to donate you gear to get you back on your feet. I feel like a turd. Can I apoligize for just thinking like a turd?

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. It's great that people are willing to loan/donate gear and all, but really, who leaves all their climbing gear in a car in a big city? Sometimes life's lessons are difficult.

#66944 - 11/21/12 03:10 AM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: RangerRob]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Originally Posted By: RangerRob

1) What Chip said.
2) As to the original post, my offer was a long term lend. The thing that got me was the line " it took us six years..." I could see not having a rack for that long. I wear out cars that fast. Clinbing gear I replace whenever somthing I deem significantly safer comes out. Hopefully Carlitos and wife would get more use out of it than it see otherwise too . . . and hopefully they won't repeat and loose more!

Edited by Mark Heyman (11/21/12 03:11 AM)

#66955 - 11/26/12 06:42 AM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: Mark Heyman]
worthrussell Offline
journeyman

Loc: NY, Brooklyn
Wow what a difference between here and mp. This makes me like the gunks crowd even more. Rr don't sweat it unless you post it.

#66956 - 11/26/12 01:11 PM Re: STOLEN - ALL of our climbing gear [Re: worthrussell]
rg@ofmc Online   content
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Poughkeepsie, NY
I might have some things for the long-term loan department, but I've already put together a care package for someone else whose gear was stolen. Contact me via PM to see what the situation is.

Hope (fingers crossed) you had homeowners or renters insurance, which might cover some of the losses.

Rob, as a born and raised New Yorker and a very frequent visitor to Brooklyn, where my daughter lives, I gotta tell you that in real life it isn't always possible to get valuables, especially bulky valuables, out of the car and into a safer place. Sooner or later, the vagaries of parking and the demands of schedules will force you to leave stuff in your car. So give 'em a break!

Carlitos, sorry to hear you folks got so badly burned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  daryl512 
Sponsored