Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#67313 - 01/23/13 09:26 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Online   content
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: donald perry
So why is the video online?

Because it's gripping to watch. That's all. No lessons, no food for thought, no introspection.

Quote:
Incredible skill, do you have what it takes to live to die another day? This is a video of my recent ice trip in Colorado. After I realized I was on camera [Crap!] I went back and did it again, this time without the rope. I was able to dry tool it. Unfortunately the people were not very enthusiastic and did not care about shooting another shot----posting this shot instead, without my consent. Not very nice. "

what I was trying to do was sarcastically impersonate the climber in the video with some critical analysis. I thought it was obvious, who would boast about incredible skill while making a complete jackass out of themselves on line, but I guess there are people out there who just believe there are people who are inexperienced and proud of it, and that I was that man. Although I have never met anyone like that myself. Maybe there are people out there who wanted to believe that the man in the video finally had a voice. You can see from the first lines that the post is meant to be sarcastic,...

No, most couldn't, frankly because you don't have the writing ability to adequately convey that.

#67314 - 01/23/13 10:12 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Then why did you say it was hypothetical? You wrote: "Since you're now in totally hypothetical-land, I'd have tapped my communicator and had Scotty beam me up."

How hard do you think that section is anyway without a rope? If someone will help pay my airfare when it gets slushy, I'll give it a go on video, it does not look that hard, does it? I would like to see it dry tooled.

#67315 - 01/23/13 10:29 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
TerrieM Offline
addict

Loc: Gunks in Summer, Southwest in ...
What the post looked like, to me, was that you were trying to pull off that it was, in fact, yourself in the video. Which was very strange, since most who knew who you are and had seen the video knew the two aren't the same. My thought was (yes, I was thinking, but not in the lines you might have intended) "Why is he lying?"

One accepted and easy way to convey sarcasm on an the internet is to use tags. Before the post, you make this little sign: <sarcasm). And then when you finish writing, you put this little sign: </sarcasm). Or, you can do this: (end sarcastic rant).

Just a tip for those who find themselves wondering....

#67316 - 01/24/13 03:30 AM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: TerrieM]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Edited by donald perry (01/24/13 04:20 AM)

#67317 - 01/24/13 04:20 AM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I don't think Shakespeare nor would have Juliet used signs for "Romeo, Romeo, Where art thou, Romeo?" It would not be very romantic.

Edited by donald perry (01/24/13 04:22 AM)

#67318 - 01/24/13 10:25 AM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
I don't think Shakespeare nor would have Juliet used signs for "Romeo, Romeo, Where art thou, Romeo?" It would not be very romantic.
So Juliet spoke sarcastically then, eh?

#67319 - 01/24/13 02:54 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
retroscree Online   content
enthusiast

1. Do you know what this passage means?
2. WTF does this have to do with your tortured logic in this thread where you're not even able to follow what you said in your own posts?

#67320 - 01/24/13 03:57 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: oenophore
So Juliet spoke sarcastically then, eh?

"Spoke" is past tense, but I said "would have", which is future tense.

#67321 - 01/24/13 04:09 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: retroscree]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: retroscree

1. Do you know what this passage means?
2. WTF does this have to do with your tortured logic in this thread where you're not even able to follow what you said in your own posts?

I am following [answering] RangerRob's post at this point, he wants me to answer what the topic is, was, and should be. And you never answered my question.

Edited by donald perry (01/24/13 04:12 PM)

#67322 - 01/24/13 05:04 PM Re: Do you have what it takes to lie ...? [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
[quote=donald perry"Spoke" is past tense, but I said "would have", which is future tense. [/quote]

Bzzzt! "Would have" is the conditional past tense. Future tense is "will (do)".

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored