Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 7 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#67508 - 02/25/13 09:17 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: donald perry]
Adrian Offline
journeyman

So Alex is Ivan? Who are the other guys you are referring to? Brass to your face? Can I use iron instead?

If he doesn't start talking, why would it be end of the world?

#67509 - 02/25/13 10:45 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: Adrian]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Alex, Ivan, any name is fine ... there has to more than just one person doing this, it must be habitual, and they have to be in agreement. I would suppose that there has been a group of boulders who have now created a number of hard problems with chisels by now.

I remember watching a movie on that channel a few years ago that basically said something needed to be done that more routes could go up. At the time chisels did not enter my mind.

I find it strange that we do not know who took the video. Perhaps the group had some kind of falling out? If not, then why didn't the guy with the camera confront the guy with the chisel? I would have, and voiced my opinion on video. Hammering makes a lot of noise, at least the way he was doing it. It does not seem like he was very concerned about it, so why not confront him with the camera? Now we had to guess who it is until he admitted it.

#67510 - 02/25/13 11:39 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: donald perry]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Originally Posted By: donald perry

I am just using the name Alex rather than Ivan because I do not want to use *anyone's* real name.

In the defense of Alex......

Don, you a funny guy. Didn't you just out Ivan, then go back to using "Alex" to hide his identity? And, in a thread where he's already been outed. Got me laughing dude, funny stuff. laugh

#67511 - 02/25/13 11:55 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"I am just using the name Alex rather than Ivan because I do not want to use *anyone's* real name."

But your forgetting, I never said Ivan, you guys did. I have stayed away from that and talked about Alex Greene. He is a work of fiction and reality. And when I said "anyone" I meant anyone, not Alex rather then Ivan.

Now, if I said "I am just using the name Alex rather than Ivan because I do not want to use Ivans real name." Then I would not be able to argue with you.

Edited by donald perry (02/25/13 11:57 PM)

#67512 - 02/25/13 11:58 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

And I did say "Apparently from reading many of the comments on many climbing forums, Ivan Greene has been doing this for years". I never said he did it. How do I know whose doing it?, I'm just reading the thread.

But if wants to be a man, then he needs to come out and admit it.

Edited by donald perry (02/26/13 12:44 AM)

#67515 - 02/26/13 03:25 AM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: crimpy]
donald perry Offline
veteran

This is a photo of Ivan Greene hanging off the hold that the FFA party of Twilight Zone chiseled out.

This is where it all started, on Twilight Zone.

Here is a movie onto it, great movie, the chiseled hold is just out of sight over the lip.

http://tradclimbingvideos.com/twilight-zone-5-13b-shawangunks-1213/

From the TS Guide book: While this rout's crux is on Twilight Zone, the majority of the climb is an independent line. A tremendous amount of work went into this including "improving" holds and the placement of a bolt Starting on the GT ledge. … The second pitch is called The French Connection (aka Jackhammered). From the belay, traverse straight right … then over the roof at a fingerlock (crux, fingerlock chiseled out to "improve" it) to the top (5.12+G).

Any complaints? Or no? ... see the movie first.

#67516 - 02/26/13 10:32 AM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Don, I like your photo selection (jackhammer.) It seems I have a rival in this field.

#67517 - 02/26/13 12:41 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: oenophore]
NYZoo Offline
journeyman

Loc: Gunks
I may be wrong because I haven't personally climbed Twilight Zone or the variation French Connection but I believe that video is of a direct variation that Cody put up on the Twilight Zone buttress into the French Connection (aka Jackhammer). I don't know what he called it. I was told that the French Connection was chipped which was put up before Twighlight Zone was finally sent. I think the Twilight zone roof goes straight up where he begins to traverse right onto the French Connection? I've never heard that the twilight Zone roof was chipped.

#67518 - 02/26/13 03:10 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: Adrian]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: NYZoo
I may be wrong because I haven …

Here is another photo of the hold, you can see it has been chiseled out in the photo above.

Originally Posted By: Adrian
... why would it "not" be end of the world?

Because Ivan is at least making his own climbs, not taking down other peoples routes using hooks and chipping off holds because he is aiding free climbs. Like those two bumbling fools I yelled at on Uberfall boulder problems who put up a fight.

The time to voice an opinion actually was a long time ago, but you guys said nothing. Can we really complain now?, this kind of behavior has been grandfathered in. Ivan is a result of the environment you created. "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged , yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God."

Who thinks it's a good idea to go back up on Twilight Zone and put back a stone in that hole they chiseled out and make it as it the way it was before? No bucket, just a little crack big enough to get a vertical edge.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

#67519 - 02/26/13 03:14 PM Re: Uh Oh... Video - Chipping in NY [Re: Adrian]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: NYZoo
I may be wrong because I haven …

Here is another photo of the hold, you can see it has been chiseled out in the photo above.

Originally Posted By: Adrian
... why would it "not" be end of the world?

Because Ivan is at least making his own climbs, not taking down other peoples routes using hooks and chipping off holds because he is aiding free climbs. Like those two bumbling fools I yelled at on Uberfall boulder problems who put up a fight.

The time to voice an opinion actually was a long time ago, but you guys said nothing. Can we really complain now?, this kind of behavior has been grandfathered in. Ivan is a result of the environment you created. "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged , yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him: But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God."

Who thinks it's a good idea to go back up on Twilight Zone and put back a stone in that hole they chiseled out and make it as it was before? No bucket, just a little crack big enough to get a vertical edge.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored