Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 3 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#63393 - 03/29/12 09:59 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: GOclimb]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: GOclimb
Originally Posted By: Rickster
So, Don has deleted or severly edited his the initial posts regarding his original post.

He's left us with the history of his tree business and an apparent interest in Snooky.

Has this not been a most edifying week? crazy

That and HIV = AIDS is a lie.

Just sad.

GO

I am surprised. Not to argue, I just thought he makes a very convincing case. Today I am going tick hunting with white pants and shirt, my son made be drive back home yesterday when it started raining so I have to start all over again. He complained and laughed at me for an hour until the sun came out. Wish me luck! I will let you know if I catch any ticks, unless they catch me instead.

#63394 - 03/29/12 11:27 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
Rickster Online   content
old hand

Loc: Orange Cty, NY
Lyme Dementia
Fortunately for most of us, we catch it in time.

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2009/02/lyme-dementia-namenda-ms-bug-and.html

#63395 - 03/29/12 03:32 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

No, its a piss poor compendium of cherry picked data and denial. The problem is not the value of challenging scientific dogma, but that you have to have a better theory. Duesberg never did.
The proof of the pudding, for many former Duesberg adherents, is that antiretroviral therapies work.

And while we're on the subject, HIV-denial policies of Mbeki in South Africa that directly stem from Duesberg's activism are estimated to have contributed to the deaths of several hundreds of thousands of people in that country. People need information, education, access to condoms and drugs to limit the spread of disease. That didn't happen. So how does it feel to align yourself with someone at least indirectly responsible for that? How do you sleep, and continue to espouse such horseshit? This is not some parlor game.

Idiot.

Originally Posted By: donald perry
Originally Posted By: GOclimb
Originally Posted By: Rickster
So, Don has deleted or severly edited his the initial posts regarding his original post.

He's left us with the history of his tree business and an apparent interest in Snooky.

Has this not been a most edifying week? crazy

That and HIV = AIDS is a lie.

Just sad.

GO

I am surprised. Not to argue, I just thought he makes a very convincing case. Today I am going tick hunting with white pants and shirt, my son made be drive back home yesterday when it started raining so I have to start all over again. He complained and laughed at me for an hour until the sun came out. Wish me luck! I will let you know if I catch any ticks, unless they catch me instead.

Edited by ianmanger (03/29/12 03:33 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar, clarity

#63403 - 03/30/12 01:02 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

"How do you sleep, and continue to espouse such horseshit?"

Because I disagree and do not think it is horseshit at all. It makes perfect sense to me, sorry if that offends you.

Edited by donald perry (03/30/12 01:05 AM)

#63404 - 03/30/12 01:06 AM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
donald perry Offline
veteran

BTW, no ticks this time, I think.

#63406 - 03/30/12 12:59 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

Ok, entirely against my better judgement, and mainly for entertainment, how again does this make perfect sense?

Feel free to show your working. When you are done dribbling about Koch's postulates and cherry picking data, all of the crap about recreational drugs and AZT, and the Australians and all of it, ensure that your answer incorporates all of this, this and this. And again, how do you feel about this?

I'm not offended, just perplexed how it is possible to persist in arguing this entirely discredited bag o'crap in the face of such an enormous tidal wave of established fact and clinical data. Establishing that HIV=AIDS and developing therapies to address it has benefited millions, while Duesberg is responsible, at least in part, for continuing misery and a generation of orphans.

Because I disagree and do not think it is horseshit at all. It makes perfect sense to me, sorry if that offends you.

#63407 - 03/30/12 01:20 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: ianmanger
Ok, entirely against my better judgement, and mainly for entertainment, how again does this make perfect sense?

Feel free to show your working. When you are done dribbling about Koch's postulates and cherry picking data, all of the crap about recreational drugs and AZT, and the Australians and all of it, ensure that your answer incorporates all of this, this and this. And again, how do you feel about this?

I'm not offended, just perplexed how it is possible to persist in arguing this entirely discredited bag o'crap in the face of such an enormous tidal wave of established fact and clinical data. Establishing that HIV=AIDS and developing therapies to address it has benefited millions, while Duesberg is responsible, at least in part, for continuing misery and a generation of orphans.

Why are you asking me this question? You can see the same movies that I watched. I watched them for many days till I could figure out what it was they were saying, some of the arguments seemed pretty weighty to me, and unanswerable. I know there are no ad-hominem arguments like quackwatch and those ad-hominemists. It would seem to me that people who have nothing to gain, for the most part, are the ones who are usually telling the truth. They got no money from me when I believed them.

Furthermore, opposing argument proves when you are correct or mistaken. They are vital to any case in court. That is why you never call your opponent and idiot, because he is your best friend. If there is any doubt … you may be wrong. We are wrong a lot. That is the one thing I know I am not wrong about. I always assume I am wrong to some degree or another about everything. I try and listen but often I find I do not like change and prefer to assume I am always right.

#63409 - 03/30/12 01:40 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: donald perry]
ianmanger Offline
enthusiast

So, to summarize.

1. You state that you believe that HIV doesn't equal AIDs and

2. that "Duesenberg" is your hero.

3. I know that you are mistaken about 1. because of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I'm not sure about 2., because you can't even spell his name correctly.

4. I cite data that entirely demolishes your argument, and you ignore that and say that it makes perfect sense.

5. Knowing you to be mistaken, again because of the overwhelming data, and the success in treating millions of people worldwide, I ask you why it makes perfect sense. I also state that I am perplexed as to why you persist. This is why I asked you the question

6. You reply, citing Quackwatch etc and in summary say that you'd rather not change and prefer to believe that you are always correct.

Fair enough. But I'm still curious about the underlying humanity of Donald Perry. You seem entirely unperturbed when presented with the human costs of AIDS denial, preferring to consider this only a question of your own judgement. Chip referred to this as sad, and that's about it.

Originally Posted By: ianmanger

Why are you asking me this question? You can see the same movies that I watched. I watched them for many days till I could figure out what it was they were saying, some of the arguments seemed pretty weighty to me, and unanswerable. I know there are no ad-hominem arguments like quackwatch and those ad-hominemists. It would seem to me that people who have nothing to gain, for the most part, are the ones who are usually telling the truth. They got no money from me when I believed them.

Furthermore, opposing argument proves when you are correct or mistaken. They are vital to any case in court. That is why you never call your opponent and idiot, because he is your best friend. If there is any doubt

#63414 - 03/30/12 04:57 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: ianmanger]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
I am wrong and I it know it!
That is how I know I am right!

#63415 - 03/30/12 06:52 PM Re: Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks Ticks [Re: Mark Heyman]
chip Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Sittin' Pretty in Fat City
"If lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right!"
(not directed at Mark, even though he is a manly man)

Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >

Sponsored