Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#55066 - 09/20/10 05:25 AM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: gunks]
MarcC Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: gunks
Quote:

Come to think of it, I have a Williams red book with signatures of the author, Hans Kraus and Fritz Wiessner. What's that going for nowadays. (No use telling me that it's next to worthless, but out of sympathy for me you'll pay me $20 for it.)

I'll pay you $20 for your red Williams. PM me.

He's pulling your leg, gunks. Um, I believe they were a bit more than $20 when we bought them (I have one too) simply because of the signatures.

#55095 - 09/20/10 09:21 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: MarcC]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
I've seen Red Williams go for as little as $5. There's a bunch now for under $10.

What it's worth with the signatures I can't say...

#55100 - 09/20/10 10:35 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: quanto_the_mad]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Originally Posted By: quanto_the_mad
I've seen Red Williams go for as little as $5. There's a bunch now for under $10.

What it's worth with the signatures I can't say...
To quote MarcC, "He's pulling your leg".

#55151 - 09/21/10 05:33 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: oenophore]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
I'm just saying, you can buy an unsigned red for $10, in case you're looking to fill out your collection. There are a lot of them out there.

The Blue pops up now and then, I've seen a couple go for under $20 recently.

The Black Trapps was going for about $100 for a while, but it's dropped now that the Grey Trapps is out. Still not cheap, you can find it for under $40. The Nears and Skytop books are easy to find.

I've seen the Gran on sale for over $600, maybe Chessler reduced the price recently as it was there for a couple of years.

#55583 - 10/18/10 03:13 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: quanto_the_mad]
SethG Offline
old hand

Loc: NYC
Something I've wanted to get my hands on for a while is Rezucha's "Shawangunk Grit," which I understand was his own pamphlet/guidebook concerning the climbs he put up in the Seventies and Eighties.

I sent Ivan a message through mountainproject.com asking about it, and he told me he didn't think he had any copies. He suggested I contact Annie O'Neill, which I thought was amusing. I'd love to buy it or get a copy of it if someone has it lying around. I really enjoyed reading the "new" route descriptions in the Vulgarian Digest recently. Maybe if some enterprising person wanted to scan it, we could ask Ivan if he'd mind.

#67662 - 03/21/13 08:58 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: gunks]
M Jimmerson Offline
stranger

If anyone is interested in Gunks guides, including Gran, Williams, Rezucha or Swain guides, I have them for sale.

I am selling off a very large collection of guidebooks and would like to find other rock climbing guidebook collectors.

You can reach me at jimmerson@earthlink.net

Thanks.

#67665 - 03/22/13 01:41 PM Re: Williams Guide Books [Re: M Jimmerson]
curmudgeon Offline
addict

Email sent.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored