Along with the Renegades Mountain Bike Club, the Access Fund Conservation Team and the Mohonk Preserve, we have a volunteer trail work day scheduled for this Saturday, June 8th.
Meeting time is 9am at the St. Peters church parking lot at 1017 Keator Avenue, Rosendale NY 12472. There we will transfer our tools to the Mohonk trucks and ride or hike the short distance to the trail head.
Bring gloves, liquids, digging tools (hoes, rakes, pulaskis), lopers and hand saws. A rock bar or two would be good as well. No power tools please. Dress appropriately for the weather with proper footwear for trail work. You may want bug repellent as well.
The time we spend working on the trails will depend on the number of volunteers that show up, but figure we will work till around 1pm. Mohonk is pitching in to provide pizza for lunch.
At this point we need 7 work groups:
1. one small bridge to be built
2. rock work in places
3. pruning the entire trail
4. brushing over trails that will be discontinued
5. lugging rock and wood into some areas
6. raking and digging to create the new trail sections
7. constructing a spur trail from the main trail to the "white dot" bouldering area
Please spread the word so we can get a great turnout.