Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#68385 - 06/25/13 11:38 AM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: RangerRob]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
rodenticide is a growing problem.

#68386 - 06/25/13 01:02 PM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: oenophore]
Rockanice Offline

Loc: New York

Good one oenophore. Vultures Know.

Don, is that your route in the Near Trapps by that name ?

I led the last pitch of that route and memorable to say the least.

#68391 - 06/26/13 01:55 AM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: Rockanice]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
The fate of this mouse is what is really what is important, I have no time to talk about my climb.

"Mice occasionally commit rodent suicide" No, I am pretty sure it was not suicide at all.

You guys are not even getting warm. I will have to give you another hint. The mouse drowned, and he drowned on the top of the cliff. I do not wish to belittle the fate of this little mouse, and I think it is sad, very sad. But it was a real drowning [http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire%20and%20Rescue%20Personnel/Biology%20of%20drowning.pdf [see below]] And when I tell you all how this little grey unfortunate mouse drowned you will all be so sorry you made too many jokes.

All kidding aside, drowning is a very hard way to go, and no mouse with even a no good brain would want to kill himself like this mouse died.

"The usual sequence of events in a drowning is as follows:
Upon submersion, the victim holds his breath until forced to inhale. He gulps water. The water induces spasms of the larynx, which closes of the trachea to protect the lungs. Little water enters the lungs. With the trachea blocked by laryngospasms, no fresh air enters the lungs and the supply of oxygen begins to
fail. Lack of Oxygen, anoxia, affects the brain within 30 seconds the laryngospasms begin to weaken with imminent brain failure. The victim then inhales again, this time aspirating water into the lungs before a fresh spasm closes the trachea again but for a shorter duration. With each successive inhalation, more water is aspirated; anoxia increases, and
laryngospasm duration decreases until they are finally abolished and the lungs are filled with water. If drowning reaches this point, the chance of resuscitation is poor. While spasms
are still occurring and protecting the airway, resuscitation efforts are more likely to succeed. Recovery is such cases may occur spontaneously. For the person confronted with an unconscious individual freshly removed from the water, anesthesiologists have recommended the following guideline:
If the victim is breathing, he will recover spontaneously and resuscitation is not required. If the victim is not breathing, the pulse should be checked. If there is a pulse, begin mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If there is no pulse begin CPR. Rapid recovery of a drowned person is of vital importance to the victim's family and local law enforcement. Insurance settlements, pensions, contracts and estate problems may be delayed indefinitely pending recovery and identification of the body."

#68393 - 06/26/13 03:07 AM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: donald perry]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Eh, drowning's not so bad; I saw "The Abyss".

#68394 - 06/26/13 11:23 AM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
This seems to be the most sympathy expressed for a mouse since Robert Burns did as much.

#68398 - 06/26/13 10:11 PM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Ok, I will give you guys a version of what I think happened to the little grey mouse, up to the point just before he drowned.

One day a little gray mouse looked out and saw a dark cloud in the sky, and he knew it was going to rain. So, he scampered along back to his mothers house, he did not want to get wet. He lived under a big rock near the edge of the cliff, too big for R-R to trundle off the cliff, it had a nice view. He felt a few drops of rain, so he ran faster. As it started to rain little steams formed that he had to cross ...

#68399 - 06/26/13 10:37 PM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
You were the best witness here, yet you ask others to speculate about this lacking all knowledge. Why?

#68400 - 06/26/13 11:05 PM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: oenophore]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I'm board, and I think you guys could do a much better job at guessing. I still think have no very good guesses. It did happen ... if you guys are such great mountain men how come none of you can guess what happened?

Edited by donald perry (06/26/13 11:06 PM)

#68401 - 06/26/13 11:07 PM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: donald perry]
cfrac Offline
addict

Did it involve a cooler?

#68405 - 06/27/13 12:08 AM Re: How did the little grey mouse drown on top of ...? [Re: cfrac]
acdnyc Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NYC/Kerhonkson
Or what was in said cooler?

It drank to much beer and as it passed out it fell in small pool of water or big, depending on perspective, and drowned. Poor mouse but if it had been I'm my house it would have gotten zapped I'm sure.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored