Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68525 - 08/02/13 02:38 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: oenophore]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: oenophore
Holy ____, that page describing the land issue is longer and more complex than I anticipated giving me a my-eyes-glaze-over feeling.

I don't think any nearly 20 year old dispute with multiple court hearings can be easily or quickly explained.

#68526 - 08/02/13 04:34 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: retroscree]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
Quote:
I don't think any nearly 20 year old dispute with multiple court hearings can be easily or quickly explained.

That the Mohonk Preserve and their associated organizations have lost every single land dispute with Fink/Pardini over the last twenty years is a quick and factual explanation.

#68530 - 08/02/13 05:03 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: retroscree]
oenophore Online   confused
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Originally Posted By: retroscree
Holy ____, that page describing the land issue is longer and more complex than I anticipated giving me a my-eyes-glaze-over feeling.

I must confess that had I been more passionate about the issue, I would have soldiered through the article. I wonder how many of us read it through and how many quit for the same reason I did.

#68532 - 08/02/13 06:28 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: oenophore]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
so, a guy who writes horoscopes which are nothing but gussied up bunkum so dander - head new age types will swallow them, pretends to be an "investigative journalist?" and yeah I've read some of that and it's not much better -hogwash and hysteria. which one is his day job? thanks gunks.com for giving me a smile, such as I haven't had since phil's last post!
this is not personal, but I am judging on the work!

Long live the mohonk preserve!!!!

#68533 - 08/02/13 07:35 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: phlan]
DeliLlama Offline

Loc: Kerhonkson, NY
hey Phlegm! Don't thank gunks.com....Thank the Mohonk Preserve. I've been thanking them for years and I'm hysterical laughing! BTW, what's your day job? Hanging out on gunks.com and posting Phlegm?

#68534 - 08/02/13 07:58 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: oenophore]
DeliLlama Offline

Originally Posted By: retroscree

I must confess that had I been more passionate about the issue, I would have soldiered through the article. I wonder how many of us read it through and how many quit for the same reason I did.

Judging by your 5877 posts on Gunks.com i find your excuse for not reading the whole article a bunch of BS. If your not interested in the issue why bother commenting at all?

#68535 - 08/02/13 08:03 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: DeliLlama]
Kent Offline
old hand

Loc: The Bayards
The article is also published in Chronogram, which is a very well respected, and award winning, local magazine of arts and culture.

But still, go ahead and slay the messenger all you like. The facts remain the same. Mohonk et al have lost against Fink and Pardini as they have been doing for the last 20 years. Anyone who thinks Mohonk's conduct vis a vis their neighbors is respectful is in willful denial.

#68536 - 08/02/13 08:08 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: Eric Francis]
Eric Francis Offline
stranger

Here is the full text of the decision in Mohonk v Pardini/Fink. It's truly interesting -- a history lesson on ownership of that portion of the ridge.

The story I would love to tell is the story of the land itself, nut just this lawsuit. Who were these people and what was it like to live here?

http://planetwaves.net/pdf/called-cahill-decision.pdf

#68537 - 08/02/13 08:18 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: SethG]
DeliLlama Offline

Originally Posted By: SethG
Well I read the whole piece. It is well-written. I can't vouch for its accuracy since pretty much all the assertions in it are unsourced and the article is published on an astrology site.

Seth I looked at your blog. It's well written. I can't vouch for you actually having climbed the routes you brag about since your assertions are unsourced and the blog is written by you.

#68538 - 08/03/13 12:42 AM Re: Mohonk Preserve Looses Large Boundary Battle [Re: Kent]
retroscree Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Kent
Quote:

That the Mohonk Preserve and their associated organizations have lost every single land dispute with Fink/Pardini over the last twenty years is a quick and factual explanation.

True enough that has been the outcome. I was talking about understanding the various lawsuits and court proceedings and why it has dragged on for 20 years.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored