Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#64401 - 05/01/12 02:39 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Loc: New Paltz,Marbletown,Gardiner,...
Originally Posted By: crimpy
rock and roll is the devils music.

Because of the emphasis on the tritone?
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64402 - 05/01/12 02:41 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Advocacy group
Originally Posted By: Mark Heyman

It not your land? Perhaps you shouldn't have a say in it!
Perhaps you could donate the land you'd like to see it on!

Just as a property owner possesses rights to use his property, he also holds rights to prevent others from using their land in a manner that harms him or his property. "Nuisance" describes a situation in which one landowner is using his property in a way that unreasonably limits the use of his neighbor's land.

A "public nuisance" causes distress to a large number of persons (an entire neighborhood or community) in the use of their land. For example, a cement factory, which discharges large amounts of smoke and dust, may amount to a public nuisance, or a campground that will create noise, garbage, trespass traffic issues, public safety issues etc....

Thanks, MPNA
The MPNA is an advocacy group for adjacent neighbors of the Mohonk Preserve. In the event of a dispute with the Mohonk Preserve, we can offer assistance in obtaining experts in the following areas; Surveying, Lawyers, Title, expert witnesses, ancient document research, and Maps.

#64405 - 05/01/12 02:43 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
i am too lazy to look that up...i win

#64409 - 05/01/12 02:53 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: crimpy]
crimpy Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Wawarsing
evil,evil,campgrounds and evil,evil,nature preserve....hahahahahahahahahahah!

#64411 - 05/01/12 03:16 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)

"Nuisance" describes a situation in which one landowner is using his property in a way that unreasonably limits the use of his neighbor's land.

Doesnt sound as that applies.

A "public nuisance" causes distress to a large number of persons

Nor this. A few land owners surely wont qualify as a large number of persons.

a public nuisance, or a campground that will create noise, garbage, trespass traffic issues, public safety issues etc....

This was in the proposal?. Sounds like fears at worst.

Edited by Mark Heyman (05/01/12 03:19 AM)

#64412 - 05/01/12 03:23 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Mark Heyman]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Mark Heyman

"Nuisance" describes a situation in which one landowner is using his property in a way that unreasonably limits the use of his neighbor's land.

Doesnt sound as that applies.

A "public nuisance" causes distress to a large number of persons

Nor this. A few land owners surely wont qualify as a large number of persons.

a public nuisance, or a campground that will create noise, garbage, trespass traffic issues, public safety issues etc....

This was in the proposal?. Sounds like fears at worst.

Mark,

You're really out of touch. Where are you getting a "few" neighbors? If you bothered going to a meeting you would see how many there are.

MPNA

#64413 - 05/01/12 03:34 AM Re: New campground planned [Re: Advocacy group]
Advocacy group Offline
addict

MPNA: "Nuisance" describes a situation in which one landowner is using his property in a way that unreasonably limits the use of his neighbor's land.

Mark Heyman: Doesnt sound as that applies.

You're right, it applies so little that the Mohonk Preserve is Meeting with the neighbors, lawyers and Town reps and adding PR positions. Good to see your donations paying for a bloated staff. Mohonk Preserve; Saving the land for life after we overpay ourselves first.......

#64420 - 05/01/12 01:28 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: ianmanger]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
You can PM each other now.

#64433 - 05/01/12 03:15 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: Mark Heyman]
skl Offline
stranger

Hi all,

Mark commented that the campground is near a few landowners. To offer a little more information: the campground site is surrounded by nine homes within about 200 yards of the boundary line. More than twenty homes are within about 500 yards (I'm ignoring garages, back yards, etc, and just focusing on people's homes). The number of houses within a specified radius depends on your exact location on the campground site, but the entire site is within 250 yards of surrounding houses. You can verify any of this using the online Ulster County GIS map I mentioned in a previous post.

I mention this because I think the campground and the people who live in the residential neighborhood surrounding it can coexist peacefully if everyone has accurate information about their surroundings. Happy to share any other info I have with anyone who's interested.

Best,
Susan

#64442 - 05/01/12 05:09 PM Re: New campground planned [Re: skl]
Mark Heyman Offline
old hand

Loc: South Jersey (Pinelands)
Skl – For the record I sympathize with the relatively few neighbors who are actually close to this site regardless of how well it will be run. It's going to be noisier than woods were, and it will impact your privacy.

Im simply tired of what I consider to be the constant abuse of this website by a very few specific users. That these users have largely had negative impact in this community, themselves and their cause seems obvious to me … its not my site. I should just ignore it.

Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Jannette, phlan, webmaster 
Sponsored