Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7075 - 10/21/02 02:13 PM dropdown list on mousover event
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Boston
The dropdown lists that used to appear on mousover event on the objects in the "Home Climb Bike Hike/Run Outdoor FAQ" menu on the front page no longer appear for me. I liked those dropdown lists!

Note: The dropdown lists DO appear when I'm on the discussion page.

I'm running IE5 on Windows 98se.

GO

#7076 - 10/21/02 02:15 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: GOclimb]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Republic of Davis
he changed it so that he could have a whats new page that everyone directs through, you still have the drop downs onc eyou are past that page i believe

#7077 - 10/21/02 02:56 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: CrackBoy]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

After going to the climb page (http://www.gunks.com/index.php?pageid=2&pagenum=1&smGroup=2) I still do not get mousover dropdowns. By the way, Evan could easily put a "What's New" for the whole site on the home page (for example, in the old "New Gunks.com" area.

GO

#7078 - 10/21/02 04:25 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: GOclimb]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Actually, I haven't changed anything on the main page. All the drop downs should work as they did originally. This doesn't have anything to due with the "what's new" columns (which are forthcoming).

Did you modify any of your browser settings? Remember, the "HOME" option has no drop downs.

Have you considered upgrading your browser?

-em

#7079 - 10/21/02 05:18 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: webmaster]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

No, I did not modify my browser settings. And yes, I know the "Home" button has no dropdown. I noticed this because I can usually get to the forum with one click (actually two "events" including the mousover), but now I need to click on climb at the top bar, then clck on discussion on the side bar. It's not a huge incovenience of course, but I thought you'd want to know, (and I did like it the other way.)

GO

#7080 - 10/21/02 05:19 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: GOclimb]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have internet explorer. Used to be that when I was on the Home page and hit the 'climb' option, a drop down menu appeared that allowed me to chose, articles, discussion, etc. This no longer happens.

#7081 - 10/21/02 08:12 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: webmaster]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

well i don't have any drop downs, but you can still get to the discussion forums with one click, just click the discussion link on the left side menu and it opens the forum up with a list of everything.

#7082 - 10/21/02 09:24 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: CrackBoy]
GOclimb Offline
Pooh-Bah

D'oh!!!

Thank you for this award of Dumbass of the Day. I feel honoured.

But still, the mousover on the front page was cool, it would be nice to have it back.

GO

#7083 - 10/22/02 01:59 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: GOclimb]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Yes, I'd like to get it back to you. If I could only figure out how you lost it!!

I have a Win98 machine here in the office, but unfortunately it's running IE6. Is there any reason you can't (or don't want to) upgrade the browser?

One thing you might try is to check your advanced settings (under tools), and see if Javascript is enabled or blocked somehow. All of the rollovers were written in javascript. The other thing you might do is to do a "view>>source" and send that output to me in a text file. Then I can see if all the javascript code is making it to you, or if it's being filtered out by a firewall or something.

-em

-em

#7084 - 10/22/02 02:06 PM Re: dropdown list on mousover event [Re: webmaster]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

it doesn't work for me either. my home machine it was fine and i am running the same browser, i can't upgrade here at work. every other rollover for me works though once you are past the first page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored