Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#7092 - 10/22/02 04:23 PM Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback?
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Ok, Matt has just uploaded the new version that should accomodate the Netscape and Mac browser issues. How is it working for you folks.....hey, are you still out there?

-em

#7093 - 10/22/02 04:49 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: webmaster]
irisharehere Offline
Site Supporter

Loc: Danbury CT
Using the latest version of Netscape Navigator, and an iMac, things are looking pretty good now. Font sizes are fine, screen layout is the way it 'should" look. Only issue I have is with the disappearence of the dropdown menues when you rollover the section headers i.e. climb, bike etc. They used not pop up on my iMac ever, but used to appear on my g/f's PC (evil machine!). Now they don't appear anywhere, but you're aware of this already.

Peter

#7094 - 10/22/02 07:30 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: irisharehere]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That issue has been fixed, it was a bad search option in my browser detection. If you still see it persist (or anyone for that matter) please let me know.

P.S. All NON IE browsers will not have dropdowns, they will just have menu's on the left where the green bar (sub-menu title) is a link sometimes (depends on its purpose).

So for example, when you click on the "Discussion" tab, it brings you directly into the discussion forum.

Edited by webmaster (10/22/02 08:24 PM)

#7095 - 10/23/02 03:11 PM Re: Mozilla feedback?
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
when i come through the main page, the buttons work. I am amazed. However, i don't really think it is very intuitive: you get a set of three or four threads, and i would not realize i have the option for the discussion as a whole as well as the quick jump to the threads without your telling me first. And how am i supposed to know which buttons work and which dont?

jumping from forum to forum still doesnt work; in that you lose the "new" threads and have to figure out what they might be yourself...

#7096 - 10/24/02 07:13 PM Re: jumping [Re: crackers]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

jumping from forum to forum now works very nicely indeed,

thanks for caring guys!

#7097 - 10/25/02 10:31 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: webmaster]
pedestrian Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: a heavily fortified bunker!
love the netscape and mac changes. thanks for the work!

#7098 - 11/07/02 08:01 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: webmaster]
Woot Offline
enthusiast

Loc: DE, formerly PA
Improvements noted and appreciated. Especially the "discussion" link on the main page. Too bad the drop-downs don't work.

Another bug. When replying to a post, you choose a snazzy option like "blue text" in the quick-pick box below the reply text window. Suddenly, all of your text dissappears. My long, erudite reply gone, all gone. It was sad. I cried.

Back to the dark side...

-Woot
Netscape 6.2

#7099 - 11/08/02 01:02 AM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: webmaster]
rickcee Offline
enthusiast

Loc: central Jersey
OK first good work, just having site.
I know less than zero about computers, so shouldn't say . . .

Seems much harder than last year to get into discussion ( I Mac ) funny - at work with Wintel disc. comes up easy, just click climb on first gunks screen - doesn't work that way at home with Mac.. ( inter.Expl. , Mac 9. )
click ing on climb - disc. comes up on left, but clicking disc. doesn't bring up the whole group. have to click a thread listed underneith ( long slings ) and then back track to get into main disc. grouping.
And - screen often whites out (not really frozen, the 'back ' selection and others work.) someone said to not drag thru heading, seems to help, but still, even like 5 min. ago - still sometimes white outs very carefully not moving curser thru top ( or bottom ) headings .
But as I said, my computer skills are like zippo.
Rick

#7100 - 11/08/02 03:06 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: rickcee]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
You should be able to click on the work "Discussion" on the Left Hand menu and go right into the forums.

You need to elaborate a little further on the "whiteout" issue. I didn't understand what you meant by: someone said to not drag thru heading, seems to help

#7101 - 11/10/02 10:56 PM Re: Netscape & Mac Changes--feedback? [Re: webmaster]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

the clicking through doesnt work on my mom's imac either.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored