Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69388 - 12/09/13 03:08 AM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
fotovult Offline

Loc: ny
Saw a bunch hanging from Balrog a week or so ago. Would love to shoot someone leading through that - any takers?

#69389 - 12/09/13 06:21 AM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: fotovult]
yorick Offline
old hand

Loc: hamlet\'s hand
Lead Balrog dripping wet once, with Phlan, sans falls or hangs. Birdcage, too, the lower section dripping, soon after Balrog, when I was experimenting with leading things at my limit wet.

Found out that wet is often more a mental thing than a slippery thing.

#69390 - 12/09/13 02:25 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: yorick]
Rockanice Offline

Loc: New York

I was among a group including Phlan that had at Never Never Land after a morning downpour, wet and slimy but the rain had stopped.

#71091 - 01/04/14 04:19 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Loc: New Jersey
After I got back from this climbing a 5.8 in the rain, I realized I got much more of a workout then I should have. A little later I was in my basement stuffing insulation over furniture back toward the outside wall of the house. The air leaks in the basement from there and I had to seal it up with fiberglass. So I needed to stand on my toes and punch it in with the tips of my fingers. I was doing little squares between the beams, I did 60'. On the second day in the bathroom I looked down and I saw this giant bump at the very top of my leg. I went to the Chiropractor and he worked on it, it is a big strain knot and became very painful when he beat on it! I have been rubbing it and using a vibrator on it, it just gets smaller and then gets bigger, but it does hurt less, and now I am wrapping it. On top of that I caught a virus from all the rat shit in the rafters for two weeks.

Anyway, the moral of the story is NEVER STOP CLIMBING! And if you take off, better start really really slow and carefully for AT LEAST A MONTH. And if that does not work, maybe you need to stop eating the poison from Shop Rite, like soda with appertain or coffee in liquid Styrofoam, or water with Fluoride. A very little fluoride is good, but you guys are probably OD-ing on it and doesn't even know it because you don't know how or don't care to test for it. And then there is the gluten and the plastic and the hormones, it all accumulates until you are ____________. You can fill in the blank.

Anyway, if I die from this giant knot on my leg the size of a burrito don't forget what I told you. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. If you have been sitting around for 6 weeks START SLOW!

#71092 - 01/04/14 04:20 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Bridland UPDATE: After I got back from this climbing a 5.8 in the rain, I realized I got much more of a workout then I should have. A little later I was in my basement stuffing insulation over furniture back toward the outside wall of the house. The air leaks in the basement from there and I had to seal it up with fiberglass. So I needed to stand on my toes and punch it in with the tips of my fingers. I was doing little squares between the beams, I did 60'. On the second day in the bathroom I looked down and I saw this giant bump at the very top of my leg. I went to the Chiropractor and he worked on it, it is a big strain knot and became very painful when he beat on it! I have been rubbing it and using a vibrator on it, it just gets smaller and then gets bigger, but it does hurt less, and now I am wrapping it. On top of that I caught a virus from all the rat shit in the rafters for two weeks.

Anyway, the moral of the story is NEVER STOP CLIMBING! And if you take off, better start really really slow and carefully for AT LEAST A MONTH. And if that does not work, maybe you need to stop eating the poison from Shop Rite, like soda with appertain or coffee in liquid Styrofoam, or water with Fluoride. A very little fluoride is good, but you guys are probably OD-ing on it and doesn't even know it because you don't know how or don't care to test for it. And then there is the gluten and the plastic and the hormones, it all accumulates until you are ____________. You can fill in the blank.

Anyway, if I die from this giant knot on my leg the size of a burrito don't forget what I told you. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. If you have been sitting around for 6 weeks START SLOW!

#71093 - 01/04/14 04:22 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

After I got back from this climbing a 5.8 in the rain, I realized I got much more of a workout then I should have. A little later I was in my basement stuffing insulation over furniture back toward the outside wall of the house. The air leaks in the basement from there and I had to seal it up with fiberglass. So I needed to stand on my toes and punch it in with the tips of my fingers. I was doing little squares between the beams, I did 60'. On the second day in the bathroom I looked down and I saw this giant bump at the very top of my leg. I went to the Chiropractor and he worked on it, it is a big strain knot and became very painful when he beat on it! I have been rubbing it and using a vibrator on it, it just gets smaller and then gets bigger, but it does hurt less, and now I am wrapping it. On top of that I caught a virus from all the rat shit in the rafters for two weeks.

Anyway, if I die from this giant knot on my leg the size of a burrito don't forget what I told you. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. If you have been sitting around for 6 weeks START SLOW.

#71094 - 01/04/14 04:22 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

this thing is not working

#71095 - 01/04/14 04:25 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

Anyway, if I die from this giant knot on my leg the size of a burrito don't forget what I told you. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. If you have been sitting around for 6 weeks START SLOW.

#71096 - 01/04/14 04:27 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: Lucander]
donald perry Offline
veteran

I give up, I post and I can see nothing. I tried with two different browsers. I will wait till tomorrow and try again. Grumble grumble grumble. But it says I posted 55 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#71097 - 01/05/14 02:32 PM Re: Climbing in the Rain [Re: donald perry]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
Don, I suppose you didn't realize you posted in quadruplicate.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored