Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#7129 - 10/24/02 12:28 AM "Gunks Routes" forum does not appear unless logged in
Dooger Offline

Before I log in, I cannot see the "GUNKS ROUTES" forum.

Is this by design?

This has been true for IE 5 Mac OS X, IE 6 PC, IE 5 PC.

-doug

#7130 - 10/24/02 12:38 AM "Gunks Routes" problem #2 [Re: Dooger]
Dooger Offline

You know when you go to Gunks.Com climbing discussion, and you see a list of all the forums? All the forums EXCEPT "Gunks Routes" display in red beside the number of posts the number of unread posts.

Currently viewing with IE 6 on PC

There seems to be a problem.

-doug

#7131 - 10/24/02 01:57 PM Re: "Gunks Routes" forum does not appear unless logged in [Re: Dooger]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Before I log in, I cannot see the "GUNKS ROUTES" forum. Is this by design?

Yes, it is by design. I'd like people who lurk to start setting up usernames and passwords so I can get a better handle on how many people are using the site.

As far as the red numbers go, it's likely they are not on your Routes section because you looked at the forum prior to looking at the index summary. Once you have a look at what's in a given forum, the summary screen reverts to just a count of posts and views.

-em

#7132 - 10/24/02 02:20 PM Re: "Gunks Routes" forum does not appear unless logged in [Re: webmaster]
Julie Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: SoCal
Sometimes I'm not at home, and want to check in on the forum. But, I'm a privacy freak, and don't want to leave cookies with my name & password, etc., on an unknown/public computer. So ... it would be good to be able to lurk.

#7133 - 10/24/02 02:45 PM Re: "Gunks Routes" forum does not appear unless logged in [Re: Julie]
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
Ok, so when you're at work, just log in, and don't click on the "remember me on my next visit box". Wouldn't that work?

-em

Sometimes I'm not at home, and want to check in on the forum. But, I'm a privacy freak, and don't want to leave cookies with my name & password, etc., on an unknown/public computer. So ... it would be good to be able to lurk.

#7134 - 10/24/02 03:54 PM Re: "Gunks Routes" forum does not appear unless logged in [Re: Julie]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
Not to mention that there's no encryption with the login/password, both are sent plaintext. Gotta love sniffers...

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored