Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (oenophore), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#8416 - 04/21/03 05:50 PM searches
learningtolead Offline
old hand

Loc: a wanna be kerhonkson-er
everytime i do a search this seems to happen. am i doing something wrong or is this a flaw? i get a set of results from a search, click on one of the posts that i want to read, then i try to go back to the search results page and it says "page expired" so i have do the whole search again. it's very annoying.

#8417 - 04/21/03 06:16 PM Re: searches [Re: learningtolead]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ditto, same thing happens to me. It is really annoying, it'd be great to see that fixed somehow.

peace

john

#8418 - 04/21/03 06:20 PM Re: searches
webmaster Offline

veteran

Loc: New Paltz (Kerhonkson, actuall...
I'm getting an update to the forum along with the Partner Database delivery. I'm hoping it's already repaired.

-em

#8419 - 04/21/03 06:21 PM Re: searches [Re: learningtolead]
mgs Offline
enthusiast

Loc: albany, ny
don't know if this is really a fix but when it tells you there is an error hit retry or maybe the refresh button on your browser

#8420 - 04/21/03 06:27 PM Re: searches [Re: learningtolead]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
I always right-click and "open in new tab" (or new window for IE).

It doesn't make sense to keep hitting the back button when you want to get back to the results page. Much quicker to open in new tab or window than to keep going back and reloading that search results page.

It's also better if you want to keep one of the search results open to compare with other search results.

It also helps to open in new windows when you never know that some keyword is going to trigger pop-up killer, that kills the current window and thus your search results... better to lose a child window than to have to redo the search.

Usually the browser settings can be set to retain the search data... IE does a good job IIRC, Mozilla not as well; I turned all that stuff off for privacy reasons and just use the right-click method; using so many different computers, I can never remember which ones have what settings, but right-click is consistent across computers and most browsers have open in new window function.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored