Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#8722 - 05/16/03 05:57 AM PM's
danskiz Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Jamestown ny
Every now and than I have a long winded pm that takes me a while to type. If it takes too long, and you try to send it, you have to log back in and you loose everything. What is the session timeout set at? Also if you forget to put a subject in it and try to send it, it tells you you forgot a required field. When you go back you loose everything. This also goes for posts. Is there any fix for this, or do you just have to be careful and copy your post before you send it just in case.

#8723 - 05/16/03 10:14 AM Re: PM's [Re: danskiz]
oenophore Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: 212 land
It might be a good idea to compose a long post, personal or otherwise, in a word processor. The longer the post, the more the likelihood of error correctable by the processor's spell/grammar checker. After composition, a ctrl-a ctrl-c sequence from the word processor followed by ctrl-v in the post box will place the message where you want it. Don't close the word processor until the post has been sent just in case of the sort of error you mentioned.

#8724 - 05/16/03 01:19 PM Re: PM's [Re: danskiz]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I make a habit of going to edit and copying any post I make before I actually try to send it. That way I can paste it if I lose the connection or timeout.

#8725 - 05/16/03 04:46 PM Re: PM's
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
I think I've heard that there's a switch somewhere to "Save forms", but I don't know if this is your browser (unlikely) or something in the forum software. If you paste in from MS Word, turn off that program's "smart quotes", or else any quote marks become some jibberish string when they're pasted.

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored