Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8850 - 05/27/03 07:07 PM POLL
daryl512 Offline

veteran

Loc: Rochester, NY
I'd like to get an Idea on what Gunks.com users prefer when replying to one another in a thread.

Daryl

User preference to post replys
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 07/04/06 05:30 PM
View the results of this poll.

#8851 - 05/27/03 07:32 PM Re: POLL [Re: daryl512]
crackers Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: pdx
hello! webmaster! hello!

we LIKED it the old way...

(tico gets troll of the day award)

#8852 - 05/27/03 07:40 PM Re: POLL [Re: daryl512]
Dizzy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Berkshires, MA and Ahlington, ...
crackers,
Notice the way that I'm responding to your post?

Now going,
Dizz

#8853 - 05/27/03 07:49 PM Re: POLL [Re: Dizzy]
chazman Offline
old hand

Dizzy, (I'm replying to you in case you can't tell ) what do you mean? Is there a way you can see that you are replying to crackers? Maybe I don't have some setting enabled in my profile but from where I sit I can't tell who you are replying to... nor anyone else lately. The reply with quote is kinda cool but you could always cut and paste quotes before. Also all these reply with quotes make the thread long sometimes... my $0.02

#8854 - 05/27/03 07:56 PM Re: POLL [Re: Dizzy]
quanto_the_mad Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: brooklyn
Dizz,
In this case, I am replying to you. About half the time I reply directly and address the person.
The other half, I'm trying to maintain a thread of a discussion. Exactly what the threaded view is for, to try to maintain the thought in the midst of thread drift (which of course never happens here ). In those cases, I'm not directly replying to a person, but the reply helps others keep my words in context; they just need to see what I'm replying to, scroll up to the last post by that person if they need reference. Saves time and space for everyone by not including more text than we really need.

-QtM

#8855 - 05/27/03 08:03 PM Re: POLL [Re: quanto_the_mad]
phil Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quanto_da_made
Therefore are you really replying to what Dizzy stated or to what she said because in as much as I do agree with you that we should all keep posts to a minimum or at lest keep the useless verbiage at a minimum I think I am not sure if your statement and or reply was entirely directed at Dizzy or other people in general, and please do notice that I did directly title and indicate my post to you so that we could avoid any possible confusion and facilitate proper communication as much as possible.
Phil

#8856 - 05/27/03 09:06 PM Re: POLL [Re: daryl512]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

I don't think I've ever seen such unanimity from Gunks.commers before. 17 votes in, all saying the same thing.

The unwashed masses have spoken!

Edited to note that we're now up to 28 in favor and 1 confused soul who didn't understand the question.

Edited by GeeVee (05/28/03 08:45 PM)

#8857 - 05/27/03 10:01 PM Re: POLL [Re: GeeVee]
Jannette Offline

Cliffmama
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Gardiner, NY
I like both! If I want to respond to specific points in a previous post, I like having a feature where I can just click on "quote" then I can include that quote (although it does take up a lot of space, maybe it can be minimized to just be in a different font or something). But I also liked seeing the name of the person being responded to.

Jannette

#8858 - 05/27/03 10:26 PM Re: POLL [Re: Jannette]
CrackBoy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Republic of Davis
I like both! If I want to respond to specific points in a previous post, I like having a feature where I can just click on "quote" then I can include that quote (although it does take up a lot of space, maybe it can be minimized to just be in a different font or something). But I also liked seeing the name of the person being responded to

Ditto to that.
now can we get back the little numbers saying how many posts there are in forums now?

#8859 - 05/27/03 10:33 PM Re: POLL [Re: Jannette]
GeeVee Offline
Auto Reply

I like having a feature where I can just click on "quote" then I can include that quote (although it does take up a lot of space, maybe it can be minimized to just be in a different font or something).

Highlight text in post you're responding to, Control C, click on Italics in the Instant UBB Code menu, Control V, hit OK. You can also do the Font Color thing instead of italics. Granted, the one-shot Quote thing is nice, but if I had to choose between the two features I'd opt for having the name of the poster you're responding to back again.

Edited to note that Dizz stole my idea again, just 'cause she types faster than me.

Edited by GeeVee (05/27/03 10:34 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored