Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#9505 - 09/02/03 02:37 PM Shamed
spasmatron Offline

Loc: Betwixt yonder and hither
Toby - thanks for your support bud, much appreciated.

I'm gutted to heat that our party were littering the crag - it's my pet hate. I had no idea that thay were even eating there - too busy climbing I guess.

Much apologies to all the climbers up at Bolton and thanks for letting us enjoy your great grag - for what it's worth I'll give my party a good bollocking when I next see them.

Ashamed
Matt

#9506 - 09/02/03 10:35 PM Re: First Trad Lead [Re: spasmatron]
chrisinvermont Offline

Quote:

So anyone thats been to Bolton in Vermont might be able to tell me - whats the route just to the right of the path, round the corner (climbers right) of Dead Babies. Single pitch (easy anchors), climbs a gentle right facing dihedral with a ballroom sized ledge about 10 feet from the top. The crux is above the ledge - laybacks and smearing with a big flake to the right

The one right around the corner from Dead Babies is Wavey Goodbye and is a 5.7. I don't think it has the ledge on top that you described. There is another corner with another dihedral that is A-Sharp and is 5.6 and a hard 5.6 at that. You can tell which one it is because A-sharp is on the "A" Wall where two diagonal cracks meet to form a giant "A". As you can tell, Bolton is a pretty tough place to start leading, there isn't much easy to lead.

I have a 10 year old topo from Climbing. PM me with an email and I will shoot you a pdf copy.

Chris

#9507 - 09/03/03 04:49 PM Re: First Trad Lead [Re: chrisinvermont]
scottie_c Offline
enthusiast

Loc: NY
Quote:

As you can tell, Bolton is a pretty tough place to start leading, there isn't much easy to lead.

Yeah, and the rock quality is marginal at best. There are some great lines at Upper Bolton, which start at a solid 5.7.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored