Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 5 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#9577 - 08/25/03 08:01 PM Mohonk Preserve?
Leemouse2 Offline
addict

Loc: Rosendale, NY
So, I finally discovered a couple of trails connecting the Rail Trail (which I live very close to) and Mohonk preserve, I think. I wound up at a small pond, with a oddly shaped, narrow concrete bridge/dam at one end. The bridge had a sluiceway (I think that's what you'd call it) underneath which flowed into a pretty little waterfall. Anyone know where this is in Mohonk? I'm not very familiar with the trails north of Mohonk House. How would I get from there to route 6?

#9578 - 08/25/03 11:18 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve? [Re: Leemouse2]
Mike Rawdon Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Poughkeepsie
Assuming you didn't cross Mtn Rest Rd, I think I see that pond on the topo map. But it's pointless to try to describe the features there. Best thing to do - go buy the Shawangunk Map Pack that the NY/NJ Trail Conference puts out. R&S might have it.

#9579 - 09/15/03 05:17 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve? [Re: Leemouse2]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
from your description, it sounds like you were at Duck Pond. from there, you're below Sky Top looking up at it. I'm not sure how you got there but maybe you did it by way of the Aqueduck?
as to your directions to Route 6, I'm not sure which road that is. I get route numbers on roads confused easily ...

#9580 - 09/15/03 05:32 PM Re: Mohonk Preserve? [Re: Leemouse2]
yorick Offline
old hand

Loc: hamlet\'s hand
were you off spingtown rd, north of bonticou?...

Moderator:  webmaster 
Sponsored