Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 4 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#9920 - 09/23/03 04:12 PM another (new) Krusty Klassic
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Gardiner, NY
the Kliff Klowns kreated a new Krusty Klassic last weekend. it has long been realized that Kontradance is a very lonely little klimb and badly needed some kompanionship. this "situation" really needed to be resolved... so, after some kleaning, a new route was born the semi-epical ascent of which was witnessed by a few vultures and will go down in mountaineering history as the first ascent of Dirty Dancing, 5.6 G it's actually quite a nice little komical klimb and now Kontradance isn't so lonely anymore!

now that I've sprayed my little heart out about it, who will get the coveted second ascent of this little Hidden Gem???

The route description:
start on the left edge of the Contradance ledge. diagonal up and left about 30 feet. at seam, traverse left about 10 feet to corner. up this and then straight up to a larger ledge. up final corner and scramble up grassy ledges to the top!

Have fun!

for the move by move and protection beta, you can send me a PM...

#9921 - 09/23/03 05:47 PM Re: another (new) Krusty Klassic [Re: phlan]
strat Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I was just out that way on Saturday. When I klimbed kontradance, it, in fact, said it was lonely.

Maybe I'll get some agent orange and put a first pitch on that puppy just to the left of Roger's Escape hatch

good work!

#9922 - 09/23/03 05:59 PM Re: another (new) Krusty Klassic [Re: strat]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

yes- agent orange is what might be needed to clean most of those cliff faces out there the lichen tends to be a couple inches thick...
At first I did not think this one would be worth the effort... but the result was achieved with relatively little effort and turned out to be pretty decent, surprisingly enough... only time will tell if anyone else will ever climb it or not...

#9923 - 09/23/03 06:22 PM Re: another (new) Krusty Klassic [Re: phlan]
Fraser Offline
old hand

Loc: New Canaan, CT
Contradance is now one of my favorite 5.6's - clean white rock with some slab climbing and "thank god" holds thrown in. It was also good to do another climb right next to it and top out to a great view of Sky Top with the down climb right next to the climb. Also we didn't see anyone all day, although we did hear people on Casa Emilio. I'm sure there are other opportunities on the "Klown Wall"!

Watch out for the hip thrusts on this one!

#9924 - 09/23/03 06:34 PM Re: another (new) Krusty Klassic [Re: Fraser]
phlan Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

I'm sure there are other opportunities on the "Klown Wall"!

Watch out for the hip thrusts on this one!

How about naming it the "Krusty the Klown Wall?"

"A joke, ah...oh....ok! A man walks into a bar with a small piano, and a twelve inch pianist.....whooaaa hooaaa...I can't tell that one!!...huh huh huh huh huh!" (when Marge asked Krusty to tell a joke at Selma and SSB's wedding)

Krusty, everyone's favorite Klown!

for those who haven't done it... Contradance IS a hidden little gem!

Moderator:  Mike Rawdon, Steven Cherry 
Sponsored