"radical environmentalism"

Posted by: foops16

"radical environmentalism" - 04/14/06 08:02 PM

see marcia karrow a freshman NJ state legislator from hunterdon county and of the infamous "ban on climbing in huterdon county, nj" rears her head (again). she is leading the charge in working to getting the NJ Highlands Prerservation Act to be overturned.

how trite.

she's a freshman legislator looking to score.

she rips the Highlands Act she will rip into NJ climbing/cragging like a "bear in heat"..

more to follow as counter-stragey mindeset events ongoing.....
Posted by: Smike

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/17/06 04:10 PM

"ban on climbing in huterdon county, nj"

That’s kind of like banning dog sled racing in Florida.
Posted by: RangerRob

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/17/06 06:09 PM

That's some funny shit there Smikey!
Posted by: RAF

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/17/06 10:35 PM

Hunterdon County's climbing includes Teetertown Ravine's excellent boulders, some boulders in the Ken Lockwood Gorge (plus a hard bolted line on a railroad abutment), Point Mtn where Jeff Gruenberg trained in the 1980's, and the poison ivy infested Musconetcong Gorge. Yeah, they're not the Gunks, but they're not the pits, either. When you don't have an entire day to go to the Gunks, they're a convenient consolation.

But that was a good turn of phrase, Smike.
Posted by: yorick

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/17/06 10:36 PM

Quote:

That’s kind of like banning dog sled racing in Florida.

Great. Knock the one guy who's busted his gut alone for years to maintain climbing access in New Jersey. God forbid anyone show some gratitude.
Posted by: Smike

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/18/06 01:31 PM

Hey not knocking the cause, its good one. This women sounds like she’s out to gain herself a name in her little crusade. Hunterdon County has to be one of the most bi-polar county’s in the state. One the one hand you have the farmers and the down to earth folks living off of the land, and on the other you half you have the ‘me’ generation running around in shiny Hummers living off of the bubble.
Posted by: talus

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/18/06 01:51 PM

i thought point mtn was in Warren county.
Posted by: yorick

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/18/06 02:36 PM

Quote:

i thought point mtn was in Warren county.

Ah, the site of me first ever rock climb. That stream you cross at the foot of the Point is the Musconetcong, the Warren/Hunterdon boundary.
Posted by: RAF

Re: "radical environmentalism" - 04/18/06 04:17 PM

I was stunned to visit some years ago and find it to be part of Hunterdon Cty; it's clearly the northernmost spur. Right there you have the boundaries of Morris, Hunterdon, and Warren. Point Mtn is part of a Hunterdon County Park; it is not administered by the State, like nearby Allamuchy is.