Haulbag Dangers

Posted by: donald perry

Haulbag Dangers - 10/19/12 11:40 PM

I was carrying my haul bag the other day, when it flipped around because it was top heavy and pushed me off balance down some stairs. The next day I carried it out on one shoulder when one of my ribs popped in my spine. I thought I was going to die when it got really bad all at once a few hours later. The chiropractor says it will take a few weeks to get better. In the mean time I learned it is best not to move or else I get an excruciating sharp knife like pain in my back.
Posted by: SethG

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/20/12 01:09 AM

Sounds like a raw deal, Donald. Feel better soon.
Posted by: oenophore

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/20/12 11:00 AM

one of my ribs popped in my spine

Do you mean the rib got detached from the spine? Ouch!! Get well soon.
Posted by: Mark Heyman

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/20/12 01:24 PM

Hopefully its not a cracked or broken rib. Hope you heal quickly.
Posted by: crimpy

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/20/12 02:21 PM

try not to sneeze, and heal quickly!
Posted by: donald perry

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/31/12 04:30 AM

Thanks guys, I guess my body is going through some weird metamorphosis after sitting on the couch too long. Immediately after my rib popped out of joint, so to speak, an unstoppable feeling of doom washed over me that this would be forever and I fell into a depression of sorts that I will never forget. The next day I found a way to walk to my truck touching my toes, otherwise the pain was insane. After sitting around for a few days I was able to walk again. Now I am OK.

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 10/31/12 03:14 PM

Now I am OK.

Fully?
Posted by: NYZoo

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/05/12 12:35 PM

I was once hiking with my haul bag fully loaded after a wall. I was so wasted from days of climbing and needed a rest. I went to sit on a down tree but wasn't careful enough where I was placing the pig and went right over backward off the tree and tumbled down a hill with the pig attached. I crashed through the woods down a hill bouncing off and over trees for what felt like forever, eventually sliding to a stop.. I didn't get hurt, other than some scratches and bumps, but feel lucky that I didn't. The worst part was trying to get back up the hill to the trail with the pig as my partner was dying of laughter.

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/05/12 09:15 PM

Pig = haul bag?
Posted by: retroscree

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/05/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: oenophore
Pig = haul bag?

Yes.
Posted by: chip

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/06/12 02:10 PM

Thanks retro, a good read and chuckle to start the morning. The egress from a wall isn't something you think will be a big deal until you try it.
Posted by: retroscree

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/06/12 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: chip
Thanks retro, a good read and chuckle to start the morning. The egress from a wall isn't something you think will be a big deal until you try it.

Huh? All I wrote was a one word answer to Oeno's question.
Posted by: chip

Re: Haulbag Dangers - 11/06/12 07:25 PM

Yeah my bad. I meant NYZoo.