Getting married at the Gunks?

Posted by: PenelopeStiles

Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/17/13 04:59 PM

My fiance is an avid climber and had the idea of getting married at The Gunks. He has the crazy idea of having the ceremony while hanging off the cliff in our harnesses. Is this even possible? How would we go about getting permission to do something like this?

Thanks!
Posted by: yorick

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/17/13 06:30 PM

Lynn Hill and Russ Raffa were married anchored from the top of High E. Our own Ranger Rob was married at the Spring Farm Pavillion.

Ask Hank Alicandri at the Preserve: 845.255.0919 ext. 261
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/17/13 10:31 PM

If I remember correctly, Lynn and Russ were married atop Little Face at Skytop.
Posted by: retroscree

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/17/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Rickster
If I remember correctly, Lynn and Russ were married atop Little Face at Skytop.

Definitely not High E:

From thread at Supertopo: http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=454584&tn=20
Posted by: curmudgeon

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/17/13 11:06 PM

The photo is the top of Scare City at Skytop. The actual wedding was in New Paltz at the Locust Tree Inn. What a bunch of hams. smirk

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/18/13 02:26 PM

That is awesome!!! Thank you!!!
Posted by: phlan

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/18/13 04:43 PM

we got married last year (basically a repeat for family and friends, we actually got married a year prior by Jason West in NP) in Cragsmoor at a small church there that is non - denominational and the most gorgeous location anywhere. basically all our out of town guests arrived, got out of their cars, and gasped "we're in Narnia!" or something similar.

if you want any more info about the location send a pm.

Re: Getting married at the Gunks? - 09/19/13 07:16 PM

I know exactly what church you're talking about! My cousin was married there back in 2008. That place is gorgeous.