Gunks Site & Forum Changes

Posted by: webmaster

Gunks Site & Forum Changes - 05/01/14 02:16 PM

Well friends, the time has come for some major changes on the site.

I'm in the process of building a new site with new forum software (bbPress), and a new, simpler front end. At the beginning, things may look kind of sparse, but I'm sure in no time it will morph into something completely untenable all over again.

So here in the forums, we'll be migrating all the old posts into the new software. At this point, I'm not sure we'll be able to import your PM (private messages), so if you've got some memorable ones, I'd suggest copying them out to a word document on your own machine.

On May 7th, or thereabouts, our current web host will be forcing thru a new set of software updates that stand a good chance of breaking the current site and software. So if you can't get to the site after that date, know we are working on getting back up and running asap. Might take a couple of days though.

As I write this, the sun is just starting to break thru after 2 days of heavy rain. There are now buds on all the trees, the grass has greened-up markedly in the last day or two. A new season is upon us. May you all enjoy a safe, inspiring season here in the Gunks. We'll do what we can to make it even better.

Your web-servant,
-evan