handlebar stem

Posted by: CrackBoy

handlebar stem - 06/06/06 06:56 PM

hey. I jus bought a used beater moutain bike for tooling around town so i don't have to worry about leaving my road bike outside

so i need to get a new handle bar stem or whatever that piece is called that goes fro the fork to the crossbars. the one on the bike is too high for me i think.

so was wondering if anyone had an old one laying around they didn't use or want anymore.

fwiw, the bike is a trek 800
Posted by: Mike Rawdon

Re: handlebar stem - 06/06/06 07:06 PM

They're called handlebars BTW.

If the stem is too HIGH, that just means your broad manly chest is catching headwind. You should still be able to ride OK. Being too LONG can be a problem, as can it being too short .