Zofingen...?

Posted by: Dillbag

Zofingen...? - 10/19/10 12:15 PM

Anyone planning on doing the American Zofingen this coming spring?

If so which distance...? I'm contemplating the short course.

Posted by: ericontherocks

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/19/10 04:36 PM

I've done the short course for the last 5 years now, thats alway been plenty of race for me. I'm planning on doing it again this year. The middle and the long course just seem like way to much work.
Posted by: The Lisa

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/19/10 05:17 PM

A duathlon appeals to me more than a triathlon (I am terrible at swimming). The middle course seems do-able.

Does everyone race this on super sleek tri-bikes while wear super sleek lycra or can a regular joe/josephine enter with an ordinary road bike/hybrid?
Posted by: Dillbag

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/20/10 02:29 AM

Swimming is my favorite part... But thinking I need to work on the bike/run, and this could be a good pre-season event for that.

Plus D-Elvis is pressuringe to sign up... He'll probably be done with two beers by the time I finish wink

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/20/10 07:01 PM

You triathletes are amazing - training for 3 sports takes a lot of dedication!
If D-Elvis finishes with that much time on his hands then he should be back out on the course with a beer for you to enjoy over the last few miles of the run.
Posted by: Mike Rawdon

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/21/10 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Lisa

It explains why they don't post here about climbing. grin
Posted by: Welle

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/21/10 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: The Lisa

Says someone who casually runs ultra trail marathons. Lisa, I read about you in my friend Jason's blog about the Cascade Crest 100 - that's some dedication! on top of your other extracurricular activities that I know of.

Re: Zofingen...? - 10/22/10 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Welle
Says someone who casually runs ultra trail marathons. Lisa, I read about you in my friend Jason's blog about the Cascade Crest 100 - that's some dedication! on top of your other extracurricular activities that I know of.

Nice you know Jason! I met him at CC100 through a mutual friend. That was a beautiful course out there.
Running, climbing, Crossfitting - I guess that's 3 sports there.
There is the fabled Gunkathon - a duathlon of sorts mixing running and climbing - which only a fearsome few have performed.

Re: Zofingen...? - 11/08/10 11:43 PM

I have registered for the middle distance of the Zofingen.
Good thing I have padded bike shorts - road bike saddles are brutally firm!
Posted by: soulkeep

Re: Zofingen...? - 04/22/11 10:55 AM

Thank you suggest, but good things to come.